Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-10, 10:07

Plan: CAD
Stats: 264/240/120 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Hey everyone, I'm new. Here's a introduction!

Hello to you all.
I can't tell you how happy i am to have found this site.
Anyway, I'm a 23 year old woman from Sweden. Been struggeling with bulimia since the age of 12. Im recovering tho, started to recover when i was 18 after a doctor told me i had the biggest tonsills he'd ever seen, and i asked what iv been doing to myself. I had to go in to surgery and take them out. My stomach is a mess after all the years of purging and stuff like that.
Of course i stoped the worse part, throwing up...cause i got scared, sadly the binge eating continued. And i gained alot of weight ( highest 264 lbs ). Iv dieted so many times i lost count. I lost weight doing starvation, atkins, LCHF, WW, Calorierrestriction, everything u can think off. I lost 20 pounds, gained 30 back cause of the binging.
But when a friend of mine started to tell me about CAD/CALP ( wich iv never heard of before, strangely) I thought directly - this is my savior!

So, i actually started just today, had a bit of problems around lunch with bad cravings...so i took my RM then instead at dinner...i didnt want to mess up my first day. And now i just ate my dinner, not a big fan on lettuce and veggies. But this is a great challenge for me to start learning to like it. So iv decided to eat one small plate of veggies and salat before every lunch and RM.

Anyway, there's a little bit about me I'm going to read through the threads. And i Hope ur doing good. Looking forward to follow you all , and possibly this will work for me! I have a great feeeling about it...

Xo
Marr0s
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-10, 01:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191/191/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey Marr... I just wanted to say hello and welcome to your new life? I tend to lerk around new journals that have no replies simply to let you know that someone is here and wishing you lot of luck... I've never heard of the CAD diet.. Mind telling me about it?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-10, 14:44
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi and welcome to CAD/CALP!

This whole site is excellent- lots of great info on Low Carb, and there is an area for emotional issues too.

Please come and post - sorry if we are not as busy as some of the other areas.

E
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-04-10, 11:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/PP/GI
Stats: 235/212.7/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hi Marr0s! I'm new too and am also sooo glad I found this site. I think all you folks will be a tremendous help to me, and I hope to be able to help you all at some point too.

I followed CAD several years ago and found that I abused the RM. I could hardly wait to get to the RM so I could eat all the things that I'd denied myself all day, and I totally pigged out, eating as much as I could within that hour. This time around I'm basically following low carb (20-40 carbs per day) with an occasional CAD RM if I feel the urge, so far only one or two days a week. I suspect it will slow my weight loss a bit, but I also believe that it will keep me from feeling deprived and totally losing it.

Keep me posted on how you're doing, and good luck!