Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-10, 08:28

Plan: CAD
Stats: 284/284/180 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Question about weight average for first week!

So here's my question. I know we're supposed to average our weight for a week. This is my first week so does that mean this first week won't really count as a loss? Like for example currently my average is 279.2 but my first day weight was 280.2. So I would just take the average for this week or the first day as my starting weight? I wish I would have thought of this before and did a week of weighing in to average before I started the diet! What are your thoughts on that?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-10, 10:37

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

randikiefe,

I don't average my weight but if I did, I would take my very first weigh in as my starting weight and then begin averaging my weight once a week.

So 280.2 would be the starting weight and after adding up the rest of the week, divide it by the number of days and you will have your average for the week.

Good luck to you!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-10, 10:28

BF:
Progress:

So, this morning I wake up and weigh. I'm at 277.8! WOW! Looks like I may average even a 2lb loss!! I can't wait to see 1-2 pounds falling off every week. That would mean I would be at my goal weight (180) in a year or two!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-10, 15:55
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Randi-
I agree with Teri-
I didn't average as I was just not into the scale, but for people who live and die by that number this averaging thing seems to be really helpful.
You may want to do what Teri did and take some measurements- like arm, bust, waist, hips, thigh- a different way to track your progress.
WTG!
E
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-10, 07:43

BF:
Progress:

Well, today was my "weigh in" day. Here's my weights for this week.

3/11 279.8
3/12 280.2
3/13 278.2
3/14 278.6
3/15 277.8
3/16 277.4
3/17 276.4
3/18 276.6

So my average is then 277.8. That's amazing! Even with using the average I still lost 2 pounds this week! Does anyone else feel this is too good to be true? Is this what normal people feel like? No cravings and eating what they want in moderation? I love this feeling and I'm glad I found this way of life! I don't feel deprived at all. However, I did figure out yesterday that eating my RM at dinner is best. I tried at lunch yesterday and I was hungry all night (I didn't eat though) and starving when I woke up this morning. When I had RM at dinner I don't seem to get hungry until around 11 a.m. and I'm not hungry at night. Lesson learned.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-10, 07:45

BF:
Progress:

I'm going to get some measurements probably this weekend (I have to get a cloth tape measure) and start keeping track of that. Thanks for the tips guys!!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-10, 07:41
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
no, this is not too good to be true- that's how I felt when I first started CALP. I say my body did the happy dance!
Glad it was such a good week-
E
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-17-10, 09:46

Plan: Carb addicts
Stats: 210/207/150 Female 5 ft 7in
BF:
Progress:

Hey guys quick weighing in question...

and so sorry if this has been addressed other places...

if you do not do the average thing... do you limit your stepping on the scale to once a week?

I have been for quite sometime (even not on any eating plan) been stepping on the scale constantly... which is obviously frustrating watching all the ups and downs...
especially the one time I didn't realize there was something on the floor making my scale off balance which caused what seemed to be a loss of 10lbs... as you can imagine my excitement quickly faded

anyone have any words of wisdom... and if you do measurements how often do you do those?
THANKS
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-17-10, 09:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 384/264/217 Male 5'4
BF:
Progress: 72%

I have learned not to live by the scale as much, I go by how I feel and the compliments of others for motivation, Happy Lcing