Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 15:04
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 191/186/170
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default CALP/CAD

I think I really need to get the CALP book. I only have CAD, but I was looking at CALP when I was at the book store the other day, and there does seem to be some differences. The one thing I noticed was that Zuccini is NOT a CM meal vegi in CALP, while Brocolli is. Also, I thought it was much clearer without the contradictions that seem to be in the CAD book.

Rain
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 15:41

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Thumbs up keeping a journal

Rain..... you just wait!! Pretty soon that skirt won't fit because it will be too big!

I just wanted to say that I am SO very glad that I am doing a journal. Be sure to keep track of other things in it too. I track my TOM, the time I eat, and anything else that affects me. It's pretty neat, going back in my journal and seeing how far I have come.

My journal is one of those notebooks about 4" x 5"....and get this, it's called a Little FAT Book. It's really thick. I stick it in my purse and it goes everywhere with me.

I have a page in my notebook that is graphed out for Weekly Weight Averages. (CALP, page 166) I do that exactly like Hellers suggest. Even when I felt like I was on a stall, my averages were showing a little tiny loss. It made me feel better.

I sure do rattle on.....
Libby
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-02, 08:51

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Post check in

Good morning,

Our company has left, dh is off to work. I carbed last night: spaghetti and popcorn. Up about half a pound. Not bad actually. Looks like another beautiful day.
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-02, 11:12
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 191/186/170
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default weight again

My weight is still up...in fact, I think it my be even slightly higher than yesterday. I cut down on the cheese in my eggs this morning...only had a few shreds of it, and plan to not eat the cheese and/or sour cream that I usually add to my second comp meal.

It's confusing to me because my reward meal has gotten far less extravagant than it was in the beginning...I'm not eating chocolate gummy bears and huge rich taco salads. I think over all I'm eating less at my reward meals than I was in the beginning. Maybe it IS my TOM. It's not time for it, slightly less than two weeks away, but likely I have gotten past the ovulation, and maybe my body is preparing itself for pregnancy (which will NOT happen). I'm just frustrated.

Another possibility is muscle gain. I wish I had been taking measurements since the beginning.

Rain
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-02, 19:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/205/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Question Questions from the Newbie!

Hey Vets!
What are DH and TOM?
Thanks,
The New Kid
(Flo Jo)
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-02, 20:18
Registered Member

BF:
Red face DUH!

OK.......I figured out TOM...ain't I smart??!!
Flo
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 08:20

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Hi

DH = Dear Husband (when he's nice!!!) or else it could mean Dead Husband, Deadbeat Husband, Dumb Husband, DA HUSBAND, or what ever else you want D to mean! LOL

Check in:

BR: 1 coffee, 2 scrambled eggs, 2 sausages, 2 stripf of bacon with a little ketchup.

L: Cream of broccoli soup with 3 little pieces of brown bread

D: Roasted Chicken, mixed fresh veggies, a tiny bit of rice (maybe 4-5 mouth fulls at best)

Drank less water than day before. Will try to drink lots at home today. I usually drink way less water at home than work for some reason.

Down to 178.5
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 09:02
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up

Josee!

Way to go on the weight loss! I am STILL stuck at 225.......no movement from that point in a week. I am going to get back into my walking habit and hopefully that option will get the fat to dropping! I like to walk...just need to get it back into my schedule. I am sticking with this because I am SURE that this WOE is what is going to work!
Also, do you guys ever talk in a chat room?
Thanks!
Flo
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 10:43

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Angry Check in

131, weight is still up and I feel fatter. Could be tom, or maybe the moon is in the seventh house and jupiter is aligned with mars. HA! Most likely the popcorn. I'm exercising my butt off! (I thought.)
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 06:32

BF:
Default Check in

Happy Sunday All...

BR/L: 1 coffee, 2 eggs, 2 italian sausages

D: Steak, fresh mixed veggies, oven roasted potatoes

Drank water and flavoured spakling water (no carb one)
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 08:41

Plan: SOUTH BEACH
Stats: 151.2/146/135
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default HELLO

HI EVERYONE,
I HAVEN'T BEEN HERE SINCE MY EASTER BINGE. EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE DOING SO WELL. I'VE BEEN STICKING TO THIS NEW DIET, CHEATING A LITTLE THOUGH WITH THE KIDS' EASTER CANDY. BUT I FEEL GOOD.
LISTEN TO THIS THOUGH, ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO I WENT TO DR, FOR A CHECKUP, BLOODWORK, ETC. GOT THE CHOLESTEROL DONE. I WAS STILL ON ATKINS AT THE TIME. HE TOLD ME HE DID NOT RECOMMEND THAT DIET AND GAVE ME THIS NEW ONE TO FOLLOW. LAST YEAR MY CHOLESTEROL WAS AT 183. A LITTLE HIGH, BUT HE SAID THAT IT WAS GOOD. THIS TIME IT WAS AT 267!!!!!!! IT HAD TO BE FROM THE ATKINS MEAT, EGGS CHEESE AND EVERY OTHER FATTY THING I WAS EATING. I HAVE TO BE ON A LOW FAT DIET NOW TO GET IT DOWN.
I'VE BEEN WORKING OUT 7 DAYS WEEK, ALTERNATING BETWEEN CARDIO AND WEIGHTS. DOING AT LEAST 200 ABS A DAY. I LOST INCHES AT LEAST. SO THAT'S GOOD.

OK, I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED. NOT WEIGHING TODAY. FEEL FAT.

GOOD LUCK!
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 09:44
Registered Member

BF:
Smile Finally!

After almost two weeks, the scales finally showed a one-pound loss yesterday!!!!!!!! Man did I jump up and down! I'm glad I stuck with it through the standstill! Even though we average the weights per week, it still was a major boost!!!!!
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 14:17

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Can I join in?

Haven't come over until now since I was waiting to get off my anti-depressant (I'm going on Tues). I'm off to the store to stock up on LC stuff, and ready to come back to this WOE/WOL. Ready to start losing again!

-animaldoc
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 03:47

BF:
Default Check in

Boy am I glad I didn't listen to my room mate yesterday. She wanted to go eat a Beaver Tail...!!!!

Instead I came back home and ate something lower in carbs than that. Went grocery shopping yesterday, went way over budget... But oh well, at least it was for food!

I haven't gone to "the bathroom" since before my steak dinner on Saturday. I feel so darn bloated and am showing a 1 1/2 lb gain. Which might be all that food still inside me! Hopefully I'll be able to "go" today (will take my Prodiem).

So here's yesterday's meals:

BR: 2 fried eggs with 2 pieces of LC bread

L: tomato bacon sandwich w/LC bread and a tad of Mayo (my parents were eating FRESH bread and taking my LC instead was sooooo hard... I mean this bread was straight from the oven it was so fresh... But I took the alternative.

D: 1/4 of a bowl of home made cabbage soup. Greek Salad. 1 cabbage roll with some mashed potatoes. 1 piece of fresh bread with margarin. Whipped cream with 4 strawberries.

Tried to drink lots of water but was out walking around most of the day.

OH AND can I tell you how GD tired I am this morning with this time change!!!!!!!!!! MAN I so want to go back to bed and sleep... Hope I'm busy today and it goes fast so I can get back here and hit the hay....
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 05:02

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Talking Busy Busy Weekend

I had such a busy weekend that I laid down for a nap last night at about 5:30........and slept until just now. So thats why I am posting here at almost 4 in the morning....sheesh.

Nothing like being wide awake.....

Anyway, I have a 2.2 pound loss for the week. Wooooo woooo!

And...... drum roll please...... I wore my size 10 Levi shorts out in public alllllll day Sunday and they looked good and fit well. Most of my 10s are a tad snug for my taste and everything else I own is either too big and worn out looking or two small and dusty.

I read in the Atkins book something about Cholesterol and how sometimes it will spike for a short period of time after beginning the Atkins diet, and then it will start to drop. There was a good explaination in the book but I have returned it to the library and can't remember it well enough to correctly type it here.

I wonder how many carbs are in a beavers tail? LOL

Hiya Animaldoc...... nice to see you here!

Lets start a new week.........
I am on day one.
Libby