Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 17:59

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%
Unhappy Is It Really A Stall!

HEY GUYS,
i reaD Every day but i don't post.
i've always read that it's a stall only after 3 months of following the rules. and thats what i am going to do. 3 months of cad, i am still not on good terms with calp( the 1/3 measurements will drive me crazy). I will try calp someday.
I am no good with counting or measuring.

I am determined to lose a little more weight or maintain my weight efficienty. i've been lcing a long time now. losing weight is easy, maintaing it is harder. but i am doing well.

So i am going to do 14 days of atkins induction(i do that from time to time, especially after cheats), then back to cad for 3 months NO CHEATING!
OH YES, i will excercise. I also have to work on portion control. I am blessed with a healthy appetite.

IF ANY OF YOU WHAT TO JOIN THIS THREAD PLEASE FEEL FREE THE SUPPORT IS APPRECIATED! we could see if it's really a stall together.

i will continue posting on this thread until my goal of 3 months cheat free is meet.

176(after cheating)/ 2 weeks atkins induction/3 months cheat free cad
(i am no longer setting pounds to lose as goals)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 18:26
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 191/186/170
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default weight loss

Hi,

You've lost 55 pounds - in three months on CAD? Or am I misreading your message?

Thanks
Rain
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 16:42

BF:

HI,

i wrote i would like do cad for 3 months cheat free,to determine if i am really at a stall.

i lost weight on low carb meals and rm whenever i felt like it. Amazingly, i don't feel like an rm every day and somedays i do. i am more in control of how frquent i eat carby foods because they are not dominating my diet. On the other hand 1 bad cheat or slip, and i can't stop eating the cake and icecream etc.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 17:07
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 191/186/170
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default cake and ice cream

Cake is the worse for me. But I haven't tried it since I've been on this food plan...I might try putting it in my reward meal some time. Before, no matter what diet or food plan I was on, if there was cake....that was it. I love cake - the prettier the cake, the more I love it, and I have never been able to say no to it. And if there was cake at an event, my mind was always occupied with how I could get more without looking like a glutton!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 18:16

Plan: CALP
Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Lowco

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but, CAD and CALP are basically the same. You will still have to live by the 1/3 rule

The CAD book was written before CALP and even though it isn't crystal clear, you'll find that the rules are the same. In CALP you are given the Lifespan Options to add to your eating regime. For instance adding Chromium or exercise.

But don't distress, the measuring is only estimations.. just eyeball your portions. You don't have to measure exactly. Most nights I don't even look.. I just eat salad, some meat, some veggies and something carby.

You'll get past your stall.. make sure your drinking your water! That's what ALWAYS holds me back.

Lisa
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 21:23

BF:
Default THANKS!

thanks,

i find it hard to eat protein with my rm because i eat it all the time.
it's the one thing that i can have without threat. i can have it anytime.

that's why i tend not to balance at rm. If i'am having pizza it's pizza. If it's pasta it's pasta...
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 16:59

Plan: CALP
Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Balance

I'll bet you are having a few balanced RM's and you don't really realize it. Like, when you have pasta, do you have meat sauce or meatballs and sauce? If you do, you're having protein too!

Stir fry is a GREAT way to balance your RM. You throw in some meat, some veggies and have it over rice and presto, balanced RM!

I too have been having a difficult time in the last 2 weeks. I'm hoping to get back on track with new committment this week.

Lisa