Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-02, 11:31

Plan: No more
Stats: 168/177/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -39%

I think I had better join in on this too! I have been trying to only have a sweet at RM 2-3 times a week, but I made Christmas cookies over the weekend and they are calling to me at RM's, so this will help me stay accountable!

Anyway... My CM's are easy... Breakfast is usually 2 egg salad made w/ mayo only. Lunch is salad with homemade dressing(mayo, olive oil, water and spices)and 3-4 oz of meat... (tuna or ground turkey, etc).

RM tonight will be a large salad, turkey, a spoon full of dressing, maybe some winter squash and a low carb veggie. Then instead of something sweet, I'll have toast with peanut butter and a little smidge of apple butter... funny, but I just love it!

I worked out this am to aerobics and if it doesn't start raining before lunch, I'll walk 25 minutes.

Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-02, 13:43
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

just a quick check-in
wt today 142

break: 2eggs, 2 bacon
lunch: cheeseburger, chicken salad
dinner(plan) spinach, wings, oh yeah I almost forgot and something sweet hmmm SEES CANDY!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-02, 19:05
Registered Member

well I just had the pigout of pigouts. so dinner has changed. I sit next to the kitchen and I've been smelling the leftover chinese food in there I made it 4 hours and then, I ate sweets for an entire hour. The weird thing is that I'm not overfull just sickened from too much sweetness.

man I'll be so bummed if this causes me to gain tomorrow but how could it not?

I'll probably not eat anything the rest of the day.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 01:42

Plan: CAD (again)
Stats: 135/130.8/121
BF:
Progress: 30%
Talking Hi there everyone!!!

Nancy: don't worry about it. You can't always be perfect!! Everyone crashes now and then. I don't really crash I rather fall flat on my face in the most undignified manner!! And about the slice of pizza: I was on the run otherwise I would have had a salad too, but I must admit that after the first few days on cad the hunger just disappears. Last night for my CM I only managed to eat some veggies I just couldn't get any meat down I know I should have but I just wasn't hungry, and this morning either. I had my coffee more to warm up than because of hunger or the need to get something into me....

Lowco: I use whatever's in the fridge for my coffee, milk or cream, but I use full cream milk basically for the taste. Low fat milk tastes like dishwater.... and no, I don't get hungry at all...

I've noticed that when people binge they often don't come back to the board for awhile ... I'd just like to say that I think that's the worst thing we can do, because it makes us feel doubly alone!! Let's remeber to come back here for support even if we are bingeing and are ashamed cause just maybe it'll help us get up and dust off that much faster!!! I know it works for me!!!!

Have a great CAD-DAY everyone!!!
Can you guys feel Christmas coming?
Goody goody goody I love Christmas!!!
C.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 06:13

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default tuesday & wednesday

hi guys,

i feel so good. My mum said i looked like i lost some weight. It must be the excercise, cause my weight is the same. and i am doing only 2 days a week. The cellulite has decressed to. This is the first time i found motivation other than a drop of the scale

tues:
b:2 eggs
snack: tea with sweetner
RM: red beans, cabbage& peppers, sweet potato, backed chicken
d: turkey/minced chicken(small portions)

wed:
2 eggs with may0
sn: tea with sweetner
rm: soup
d:bar-b-q chicken

need to work on water intake

have a nice day guys:
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 06:48

BF:

Off to a good start today here... weight workout this am and will walk at lunchtime.

b/ 2 eggs/mayo
l/ 2 egg salad(w/ mayo only)
rm/ chicken
salad & low carb veggies
potato
pecan pie-- small piece

Got it all planned ahead.... I tend to do better when I plan my day ahead.... when I know what I plan to have, I tend to stray less!

Have a great day, ya'll...

I'm excited for Christmas too! Totally love it... Wearing Santa hat and reindeer antlers with a blinking nose at work...
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 11:27
Registered Member

thanks for the encouragement choc. weighed in at 142.5, this was weigh-in day7 so my weight averaged 142.6 down a little!

so far today: decaf coffee, 1 sweetn low, 2 cream

still not hungry from yesterday, so why eat.

I'm getting in the christmas spirit too, makes me feel like a kid.

Have a great day everyone.

Merry Christmas! ( I wanted to be the first one to say it to you)!
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 11:52

BF:

Hey Nawchem,
I'm glad you're having a better day today! Keep it up... yesterday is now history...
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 19:18
Registered Member

today was my first day exercising in months(recovering from an injury). I did 2.7 miles on the treadmill at lunch. It was great, it sure increased my hunger.

Man there is candy and junkfood all over at work. Today I actually had a piece of sees candy in my hand, checked the box for carb content (I was hoping it would be less than 5carbs) and put it back.

I feel like I'm making progress, getting my thyroid checked on friday, hopefully I can restart my medication and that will get my weight loss going again.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 21:02
Registered Member

todays food

9am: decaf coffee. 1sweetn low 2cream
10:30 cm: cheese burger (no bread)
6pm rm: chicken salad, cream of mushroom soup, chocolate

am totally stuffed and wondering, worrying whether I can even maintain my weight eating like this.
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 23:59

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Weight's up, weight's down, I'm sticking to plan, but no real loss. Why? Cause I'm just restarting CALP and it takes time for the body to take notice.

Got an aerobic tape and we used it the second time tonight. I FREAKING HATE THOSE MOUTH BREATHING BOUNCING CUTIES. There, I feel better. Why on earth can't they tape the steps instead of showing faces and grins? I'm just not getting it. Most likely just too old to bounce anymore. I took an aerobic class 20 years ago; when I learned a step, they knew it was time to move on to a new step. My left feet have not improved. Only consolation is my husband is worse at it than I am.

Our next aerobic night, we're just jumping rope. Bet I get that down before he does. You oughta see him. Sweetest man in the world. He's not an athlete, never was, never will be.

Tomorrow's another day.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 07:00

BF:

Hey BASpider,

Don't feel bad... My weight has stayed up steadily 2 lbs all week... so frustrating... but sooner or later it has to move and it had better be down!!! lol
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 14:43
Registered Member

spider- you're never too old to bounce! Actually I like the hard steps because it distracts me from how tired and bored I am.

I'm totally disheartened after weighing in today at 144. I decided to just eat 20 carbs today and see what happens. I don't know maybe my thyroid is too low to lose weight right now.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 19:36

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default thursday & friday

hi guys.

had a good day today. Went to aerobics class. Tom came yesterday night. That explains the chocolate cravings i have been having. And i satisfied them And as i am eating the chocolate i am thinking " so what if i don't lose weight! If i maintain that would be even better."

Thursday
b'1 egg
sn: 1 egg & tea with sweetner
L:sweet potato, red beans, coleslaw, fish........chocolate
3 chicken wings, 1 large cup of green tea

you guys are great support
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 00:18

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Jump rope for 15 minutes and then did the weights. We've improved so much on both the jumping and the weights in just 5 days, I'm very pleased with myself and DH. We've increased the weights and are not as totally exhausted when we finished. The garage is now a gym. Bet the neighbor kids out there skateboarding wonder what the groans and grunts are about. HA!

Still on plan and no loss.

Keep up the good work everyone. I figure if I don't gain during the holidays it's as good as weight loss. I can do fine then there's a social thing and the plan goes up in smoke.