Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 10:29
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up There's Always New Food To Try.

I had a resurgence in my enjoyment of cooking this week, all because my b/f brought home some hot chili sauce from an Asian grocery store. I usually don't care for hot food, but this sauce is fantastic. It's called Yeo's Hot Chili Sauce. It does have sugar in it, but I use it sparingly. I probably like this one because it's not vinegary - I hate the taste or smell of vinegar.

So I've had stir fry all week, most of it being cooked in this hot sauce. I'm finally eating enough vegetables again. My reward? A woosh back down to 138, after being in the 140s for a few months.

Just thought I'd share. I guess Mom was right when she said "your tastes will change!"
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 09:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hey I might have to track some of that down, I don't mind a little bit of heat, but not enough that it kills the food,LOL
Yes you just can't beat a stir fry, but you are right those sauces must be used sparily, but after so long of not useing that sort of stuff, just a wee bit goes a long way. I use Rice road teriyaki sauce, but I have to take a bit of stir fry out for me, then add more sauce to the rest for the guys.
Cheers Kathy