Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 02:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 326/295/250 Male 6'5
BF:38% / 33% / 15%
Progress: 41%
Talking 2 month Anniversary

Hey All. Yesterday was my 2 month mark LCing. I was hoping to hit the big -20, but -18.5 isn't too bad. Plus I don't think I have got enough fiber in my Diet, if I you know what I mean, so once that plumming problem is fixed, I might actually be at that mark!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 03:20
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/155/155 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 100%

hi stuart. yesterday was also my 2 month anniversary. not only did we start on the same day, we have lost exactly the same amount of weight.. thats cracking me up.
well, happy anniversary, and heres to our 4 month anniversary.
good luck.
dawn
are you as hot there as i am here in florida????
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 03:21
Registered Member

BF:

oh, by the way. about that plumbing problem, i too had that problem, but this week i added ground flax, and it does help. give it a shot. i use 2 tbs. a day in salad.
dawn
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 03:26
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

Congratulations on your progress!
I know this feels wonderful.....

Just keep on fighting

Alina
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 03:31

Hey Dawn, Wow, that is odd... We have entered the Low-Carb Twilight Zone....

And yes... it is fricken HOT and DRY here like always. Like i didn't have enough water to drink in the first place...

I will try the Ground flax. Thanks for the Idea. I never had this problem before. But I think I was using the laxitive effects of the Carbo-lite bars! hahaha. I ran out of them, and then WAM... Definietly need something more then just my veggies.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 04:40
Registered Member

BF:

stuart,
i think id rather have dry then humid like here... walk out at 7:30 to go to work, and start sweating, the air is so thick you can hardly even breathe, and you just wanna run around naked jumping from beach to beach to pool to pool. but dont worry,im not running around naked YET.
yet being the operative word there. when i reach my goal, i swear im gonna go to all the nudist colonys and run free....
yeah, the low carb bars, and sugar free choc. had the flow effect on me to, but they did make me stall, so i stopped them, and stopped the flow of things, thats when i got flax. so try and see.
have a good sunday.
speaking of plumming. are you a football fan? one of my favorite players was quaterback for the cardnials... mr jake yummy plummer. i am really only a bucs fan, by law and family, but i dont mind watching mr plummer. bucs camp started friday. im so excited... only a couple more weeks til preseason.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 07:21

djkismet,
Yeah I would rather have it humid too if there is going to be naked people running about!

I am a football fan. I Graduate from Arizona State around the same time as "The Snake", so we were all big fans of his. Even though he is a SNAKE in real life... hahaha

So are you a DJ or is that just initials?
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 09:22
Registered Member

Stats: 253/195/175 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Stuart,

Congratulations on your accomplishments. Looks like you and I must have started at about the same time.

Regarding the fiber thing--here is an idea for you.

Three or four nights a week before you go to bed, take two Fibercon tablets(every other day is good, if you can keep up with that. Otherwise, pick three recurring days of the week). Do not take them every single night. That's too much.

In addition to helping spur on faster weight loss, it also provides you with the additional benefit of lowering your bad cholesterol, the LDL's.

TC
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 09:31

Stats: 416/369/185 Male 5 ft. 8 in.
BF:
Progress: 20%

CONGRATS on your weight loss. I am coming up on my 2 month anniversary on July 27. My loss so far is at 17 lbs. I have a lot further to go though cause I started at 416 lbs. I've been on Induction the whole time and probably will for some time to come. I have had no plumbing problems at all though probably because I cram as many veggies into my 20 carbs per day that I can. I love vegatables.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 09:36

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%

Congrat on your progress so far Flax seed will help! You can add it to about anything! I put it into a lot of stuff I cook. Ground beef, quiche pizza, taco bake, and the list could go on and on! Also, the Psyllium Husk capsules will help
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 09:58

Stats: 200/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: -30%

Congratulations Stuart! Your 2 months of hard work were a success!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 18:00
Registered Member

BF:

stuart.
i am not a dj.
i am a Dawn, my dogs name is kismet, and it is always taken , so i put dj in front and its always available.
and im sure jake is quite a snake, but he can get away with it i guess. if your a rich good looking football player, anyone could get away with it.
later
dawn
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 18:09

Stats: 165/148/148 Male 68
BF:23%/15.3%/15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stuart*
I will try the Ground flax. Thanks for the Idea. I never had this problem before. But I think I was using the laxitive effects of the Carbo-lite bars! hahaha. I ran out of them, and then WAM... Definietly need something more then just my veggies.

Congrats *Stuart*!

My 2 month anniversary is tomorrow, and I've spent most of that two months highly, umm, irregular.

Jake (Mammoth) posted a flax seed recipe that seems to work well. Instead of trying to find it, here it is:

3 TBSP ground flax seed (2 TBSP seeds, if you do your own grinding). Add some hot water (I add boiling water that has cooled for a few minutes), 1 TBSP heavy cream and 1 pkg Splenda. Mix well, chow down. It's really very tasty!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 19:37

Thank you all for the ideas! I am happy to report, that I am feeling...err.. Much better now

And I retook my weight as 304 instead of 307. so not only did I hit my mark, but have an extra pound and a half....

Almost to my first goal... 299... Should hit that with a breeze at this rate...
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 20:09

Stats: 351/229.6/200 Male 73 inches (that's 6'1)
BF:??%%/24.5%
Progress: 80%

Congrats Stuart!! We are saving a seat for you at the under 300# table. Looks like we have you and RickinTN joining soon. Mr. Mel, we are saving a spot for you too because I know we are going to see you here.

OG