Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-04, 01:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/167/154 Male 177cm
BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb Atkins Products now available in Western Australia!!!!

Good news,

Atkins brand low-carb products are finally available to WA residents exclusively at "Back to Nature" health food store at Rockingham City Shopping Centre on Read St.

Also, apparently GNC will be opening a store in Perth soon... can't wait for that.

Happy Low-carbing!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-04, 03:40

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 150/150/150 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress:
Default great

Oh Elmo, where would us sandgropers be without your superior research skills?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-04, 10:27
Registered Member

Plan: LC- 'My plan' combo!?
Stats: 154.3/145.5/127 Female 173cm
BF:Must find out!
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo_wa
Good news,

Atkins brand low-carb products are finally available to WA residents exclusively at "Back to Nature" health food store at Rockingham City Shopping Centre on Read St.

Also, apparently GNC will be opening a store in Perth soon... can't wait for that.

Happy Low-carbing!

I was in Body Performance Gear in the High Street Arcade in Freo the other day and they will also be supplying Atkins low-carb products. They are expecting a shipment on Tuesday (5/10) and will be stocking virtually all of the Atkins low-carb range! Best you check though, the number is 9335 6633 or 9202 1700 for the Perth store.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 03:08

BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up Atkins products Perth

I have spoken to the Perth store and they said Atkins products will be available mid to late October

Their address is 166 Murray St (in the mall opposite David Jones)
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 02:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/126/120 Female 164
BF:
Progress: 82%

Has anyone actually tried the atkins products..any to recommend? Just bought some ketogenics stuff (pancake mix and syrup) - all sweetened with splenda and low net carbs. will be trying it out this weekend and will give all the low down. Bought from the body performance shop at the fitness first place in cannington - there is heaps of stuff there - muffin mixes, breads, pancakes, cookies - all splenda sweetened, even splenda sweetened jellies. I dont eat much LCprocessed stuff, but it is really nice to have the choice for the odd treat.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-10-04, 19:14

BF:
Progress:

Yes we've tried heaps.. I would strongly recommend the Chocolate decacdence Atkins indulgence bar its tastes just like chocolate fudge. I also like the atkins shakes although my flatmate doesnt like it at all. There are wafer crisps as well that are nice but don't know if it's available in Oz yet.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-10-04, 20:56

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 143/136.6/125 Female 63 inches
BF:hopefully shrinkin
Progress: 36%

Ooh - I love the chocolate PB bars, as well as the bake mix. I just made some LC zucchini nut bread and it is delish.

FYI- Here in Melbourne they just started carrying the Atkins bars, shakes, and some mixes in our local Safeway/Woolworths! I am thrilled because I used to always have to make a special trip to GNC. Yahoo!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 19:15

Stats: 154/126/120 Female 164
BF:
Progress: 82%

Hi there all,

Was not very impressed with the ketogenics pancake mix, tasted very soy beanny!..don't know what I expected. Off to try and find some atkins stuff. That indulgence bar sounds truly indulgent, cant wait!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-04, 17:58
Say cheese!

Plan: Carb'n negative + IF
Stats: 123/106/111 Female 163
BF:
Progress: 142%

I bought an Atkins chocolate shake in a can from a GNC store in Melbourne a while back. Had to throw it away.....tasted like super sweet slime to me

Lucky for me I'm over needing that stuff now. 19 months down the track and the cravings just aren't there anymore. If I want a treat I'll have fruit or the real thing. I figure with all the weird ingredients in the lc junk food coming out now I'm probably better off anyway.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Nov-18-04, 16:49
Registered Member

Stats: 209/196/143 Female 161
BF:
Progress: 20%

I too try to eat unprocessed foods. But I have bought the Atkins breakfast bars and have found them fantastic for emergency food. My only complaint about them is they are unnecessarily sweet. I have found them handy if I'm out and about and can't find any suitable foods for lunch etc.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-18-04, 17:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/167/145 Female 63in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Love the Cookies and Cream Bar. Great for satisfying a sweet craving.

I also use the bake-mix quite regularly - bread, savoury muffins, even as a coating for fried calamari. It's a versatile mix.