Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2086   ^
Old Wed, May-28-14, 09:32

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%
Default And here it is - the 197+ I wanted to see

Slept in a bit, but new one day low this morning of 197.4. Now I'm hopeful this is a whoosh week and I will see a 196 this week.

Once I get to 195 and below, I'll finally believe I'm out of the 200s
Sponsored Links
  #2087   ^
Old Wed, May-28-14, 10:19

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr
Maryh, congrats on how well you've done so far!

Thanks so much Patricia; I feel so lucky to
know there is an escape from the 'dieting' world & mentality.
Its like I know there is a way that brings the most peace to life now;
its so re-assuring!

Always interested to know what kinds of menu's your having so I love checking out your blog; so I can ape them to some degree!!....

Lovely weather here in Ireland at the moment for a change!

Wow; just seen your latest post there; your proceeding at lightening speed! There's no stopping you now!!
  #2088   ^
Old Thu, May-29-14, 11:37

Weight this am is 198.5 - would rather it had been a 197 again but I'll take it

It's odd..I keep hesitating before saying or typing 1 anything, because my brain keeps thinking I'm still 200 something
  #2089   ^
Old Thu, May-29-14, 16:22
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

it might take a while for that to sink in, Pat! It's been a long time since you were in the ones.

I am doing something outside my comfort zone- I'm going on a 25 mile bike ride tomorrow with DH. He is SOOOO excited about it- I think I will be fine. We are staying away overnight and it's a whole adventure.

Had something new tonight- but I did not really like it. Made stuffed burgers- stuffed with cheese. I don't even like cheese burgers but DH wanted to try this. I think he is fine not to repeat.

Later-
E
  #2090   ^
Old Fri, May-30-14, 07:59

Eno - that sounds like a wonderful trip. Not one I'm likely to ever do, not really a biker, but I can imagine how wonderful the fresh air would be.

I am starting to think about whether or not I can do some "walk"s though...see if I can handle a 5k walk or some such

My weight this morning was an unexpected 196.2!!!
  #2091   ^
Old Sat, May-31-14, 09:22

Default Woo hoo..whoosh!

Granted I slept in this morning but still...I saw a 195.2!!! I think on Monday I may have my next mini goal nailed - of an average that is 199 flat or lower
  #2092   ^
Old Sat, May-31-14, 11:23
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

WOOOOOT! on that 195 Patricia!

I think that you can do walks now. A 5k isn't that much and would be fun.
  #2093   ^
Old Sat, May-31-14, 18:23
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

back from our day and a half away- fun! I am really proud of myself- did a 28 mile bike ride, a 3 mile walk after and a 7 mile walk today. YAY!
PAT- that is terrific news.
And walking would be great to try- how is the knee?
E
  #2094   ^
Old Sat, May-31-14, 22:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
back from our day and a half away- fun! I am really proud of myself- did a 28 mile bike ride, a 3 mile walk after and a 7 mile walk today. YAY!
PAT- that is terrific news.
And walking would be great to try- how is the knee?
E

Glad you had a good time - I'd be proud of myself if I managed all that too

All has been great with both knees until this week. Something feels off on one side of the knee cap - like it's not quite in position, so it was sore and the knee felt like it would not continue to bend properly. Opposite side from where I tore the meniscus.
I've been careful with it and it's no longer hurting, and feels stable again. Just wish I knew what set this off and what it means. I suspect it will happen again..bah.
  #2095   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-14, 07:55

Default Mini-Goal # 7 is met

My new average is 196.97 - so I now feel I've met my mini-goal of 199. Next mini-goal is 180, which I hope to do before this Summer is over
  #2096   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-14, 15:58

Plan: Barry Groves
Stats: 160/160/130 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi.

I am about to give this diet a try. Or should I call it an eating plan? I have already messed up for today so tomorrow will be my official start date. I have about 40 pounds to lose. I am approaching 40 and I have heard it is harder to lose weight at this age. I surely hope that is not true. But at any rate I have to start somewhere. Even if lose very slowly I could lose it in one year couldn't I? My biggest problem is always wanting to nibble in between meals...candy, chips, popcorn etc. That is going to be a hard habit to fight. Any tips?
  #2097   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-14, 19:40
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi Maygirl-
welcome to this forum! There is so much info and support here- please read a lot.
In my experience, LC takes away cravings and snacking.

Hints-
eat lots of protein and veggies
drink lots of water
avoid processed foods
drink BROTH the first week or two- every day. You will lose water and electrolytes on LC and this helps a lot.
Read the book of the plan you want to follow

Please write us more so we can help. You might want to start a journal and keep a detailed food log too. Pat has one- you can look at hers by clicking on her JOURNAL button.

WTG PAT!!!!!!!!!

E

E
  #2098   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-14, 16:53

Plan: Barry Groves
Stats: 160/160/130 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Enomarb! I certainly hope the cravings and snacking go away. Cravings are kind of like bondage.

Thanks for the tips. I will keep them in mind. I will have to remember to eat more protein. That one might be hard.

I stuck with it today. The hardest moments in my day were around 3 pm and right after dinner. Those are the times when my cravings are on super charge. It was tough. I kept telling myself that tomorrow I can have anything I am craving.

For my reward meal I enjoyed a ham, salami, and cheese sandwich (2 slices of bread), a romaine salad, and a cup of coffee with cream. I had this at lunch time.

I looked around at the journals here. I wouldn't even know what to say. I wonder just how helpful it is to journal.
  #2099   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-14, 20:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maygirl
Hi Enomarb! I certainly hope the cravings and snacking go away. Cravings are kind of like bondage.

Thanks for the tips. I will keep them in mind. I will have to remember to eat more protein. That one might be hard.

I stuck with it today. The hardest moments in my day were around 3 pm and right after dinner. Those are the times when my cravings are on super charge. It was tough. I kept telling myself that tomorrow I can have anything I am craving.

For my reward meal I enjoyed a ham, salami, and cheese sandwich (2 slices of bread), a romaine salad, and a cup of coffee with cream. I had this at lunch time.

I looked around at the journals here. I wouldn't even know what to say. I wonder just how helpful it is to journal.

I found that my cravings began to subside within 3 days to up to 2 weeks. Sadly, I've started and stopped more than once.

I think using the journal is a very individual opportunity - it can be whatever you need it to be. A place to chart what you eat daily, post your thoughts and questions, record your successes.
I like to write, so found mine to be a very helpful tool.

I wish you all the best. I wish I had simply stuck with calp when I first found it in the mid 1990s.
  #2100   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-14, 07:52

Yesterday was a 196.5, and this morning is a 196.1. I'd love to see nothing but 195's and a 194 at least once this week!

My current carb of the week (lol) is banana nut muffins where I took a paleo recipe for banana bread and altered it (different and less sweetener) baked in very small muffin cups instead of a loaf pan. Each muffin is only about 3-4 bites..just right
Closed Thread