Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Nov-27-17, 10:57
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Not only don't I like the taste of CO, but using it in BPC makes my digestive system go into hizzie-fits. I sprung for the powdered variety, still use it sparingly, but it promotes NO digestive problems.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Nov-28-17, 14:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

I thought the idea was that the body cann,t store the fat as fat unless there are carbs present as well? With that as a thought couldn,t bullet proof coffee be used while doing a fat fast or as a fat fast
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Nov-28-17, 14:57

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyna
I thought the idea was that the body cann,t store the fat as fat unless there are carbs present as well? With that as a thought couldn,t bullet proof coffee be used while doing a fat fast or as a fat fast

Calories In vs. Calories out. It's real - just not a very useful concept for fixing oneself. I was going to try another experiment at some point. I did the carbUP experiment in Oct. - This time I was going to try to eat 4-5K calories for a month almost exclusively fat - I'm pretty sure I'll gain some weight, at least that's my hope - I doubt I'll be able to follow thru tho with the general appetite suppression eating that much fat promotes in this body. We'll see
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Nov-28-17, 16:49

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I find stressing fat results in consistently higher energy and decreased cravings/more easily controlled appetite. I maintain better, if I eat protein and fat at will Atkins or Protein Power style, I end up at about 170 pounds, as long as I stick to more ketogenic ratios my body seems to be content to sit around 160. So, calories in, calories out, but I'm more likely to be off my butt on fat calories than on carbs or even with protein past a certain point.

I've tried overfeeding fat past appetite while keeping carbs very low and protein constant. I did seem to have a lot of energy, at the time it was more ketogenic than I'd eaten previously. I only managed it for about four days, I find intentionally overeating as hard to sustain as undereating. I found the most pleasant way to overeat fat was to load up my coffee with butter, probably inspired by bulletproof coffee, but this was long enough ago that I'm not sure.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Nov-28-17, 17:49

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Fat filled coffee will be a good way to get those calories down the hatch for sure!
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Nov-28-17, 18:15
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Before this week I always exercised fasted. I recently started BPC before the first walk of the day (where I had been dragging). Now I'm energized. It helped. Remember though, I'm just maintaining, not trying to lose. Never was counting calories.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Dec-01-17, 13:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

I guess what i am doing is not a fast because I am eating one meal or one meal/one snack a day, and it is not Intermittent Fasting because I am having cream in tea and coconut oil in coffee (which would be allowed in small amounts if it were a full multi-day fast, according to Dr Fung.)

It is possible that tweaking the concept both ways (a little fat from one version, and a meal from the other) could backfire and cause stalls or gain.

However, my experience is that, like Teaser, the daily fat in tea and coffee (under 200 cals total in coconut oil and cream) takes me through 18 - 23 hours of non-eating with energy, emotional stability, and comfort.

I stay under 20g carbs for the total in the day, so it's Low carb meal/snack between 3-ish and 8 ish. I've been tracking just to be sure i stay low carb and out of curiosity for the macros. The cals are consistently under 1800 (often around 1400) which is probably why i am losing slowly - looks like about 1/2 a pound a week. I only do this "IF"-ish thing on the 5 workdays.

Since I was stalled on LC for quite a while, and finding it a challenge to tweak caloric intake, wine intake, dairy intake...this is working for me. But I guess i can;t call it any version of fasting!