Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-08, 19:29

Plan: LCHF/NK
Stats: 196/165.7/145 Female 5' 9"
BF:too much!
Progress: 59%
Question Am I diabetic?

Hi All! My name is Marcia. I'm 57, 5'9", and 179... I've been LCing since the first of the year, lost 20 lb., but I'm scared!

I had my physical in late Feb.my Dr. ordered, among others, a FBG test. The nurse called me a few days later and said the result was 105, it was the high side of normal, but was OK. When I received the written report of all my results it read that I was in the normal range for FBG and I did not have diabetes. So I thought great and went on my merry way.

There was something in one of the LC forums that I frequent that led me to, I believe Jenny's site that got me thinking about my result. I went out and bought the ReliOn Meter and have been testing my BG. I hope you don't mind if I post my results.

Sat:
126 when I first woke up ( I am hypothyroid so I have to wait an hour after I take my pill before I can eat)
142 - before breakfast ( I had coffee)
167- 1 hr. (had 1/2 small red grapefruit with eggs and bacon)
105 - 2 hrs
97 - before lunch
101 - 1 hr
107 - 2 hr.
102 - before dinner
104 - 1 hr.
120 - 2 hr.
120 - before I went to bed

Sun:
115 - first woke up
125 - before breakfast
126 - 1 hr.
109 - 2 hr.
105 - before lunch
113 - 1 hr.
100 - 2 hr.
94 - before dinner
93 - 1 hr.
109 - 2 hr
117 - before bed

Mon:
118 - first woke up
134 - before breakfast
126 - 1 hr.
100 - 2 hr.
100 - before lunch
this day I decided to take the test on Jenny's site. I had 2 cups of white rice with soy sauce. (70 carbs)
193 - 1 hr.
151 - 2 hr.
137 - 3 hr. Then I had dinner. Tested again right before I went to bed and it was 104

Today:
109 - woke up
120 - before breakfast
123 - 1 hr.
121 - before lunch
106 - 1 - 1/2 hr
105 - before dinner
106 - 2 hr.

Sorry for such a long post, but I guess you can tell that I'm a bit afraid! Looks like I have to eliminate fruit and even coffee... some of those morning readings were with decaf. Didn't seem to help! Not too happy about that I did buy Dr. B's book and read it in 1 day. I've been pretty much under 20 carbs for nearly 3 months... I hate to think of what my BS was then, all I ate was garbage!!! This is all my fault, I let it happen and now I have to pay the price...

So, what do you think? Am I diabetic? Pre-diabetic? Sure would like your input and advice! Thanks so much for listening!
Sponsored Links