Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 15:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/190/140
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Ordering "online"

Have any UK members ordered any LC products from www.netrition.com? If so are they any good?

thanks
Karen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 17:11

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default No

I tend to stick to basic foods. The only LC products that I have bought are protein whey.

Take care.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 05:48
Registered Member

Stats: 128/122/112
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi

I made an order to Dr Atkins own webiste and got my box of stuff within a week. I ordered one Advantage Bar and some Cookie Mix. Both were good because they made a change to what I was eating. I also ordered a whole bunch of Dr Atkins own vita-nutrients and they seem to have lifted my energy levels up quite a bit.

Hope this helps a bit.

Daschnook
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 15:47

BF:
Lightbulb

Ive just tried to order from Dr Atkins site, and found that i need a Visa Card. Unfortunately i only have Switch ( i dont trust myself, to be honest!!LOL) Any way i have found a British site that is brilliant, and accepts Switch cards. Its www.carblife.com... there really good

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 16:12

BF:
Lightbulb Ordering online (cont...)

Ive just tried to order from Dr Atkins site, and found that i need a Visa Card. Unfortunately i only have Switch ( i dont trust myself, to be honest!!LOL) Any way i have found a British site that is brilliant, and accepts Switch cards. Its www.carblife.com... there really good

Karen
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 06:14
Registered Member

Stats: 786/786/786 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 2%
Unhappy

Hey Daschnook

I once tried ordering from theAtkins website and the shipping charges put me off. How much did you pay for that? Also, what the vits you bought from there?

Its mid of 5th week for me and I seem to have stalled for last 3 weeks or so. I tried measuring myself this morning and it seems like I lost 2 inches on my thigh and nowhere else Even that I dont know if I'm measuring wrong or something, although I noticed my trouser legs have gone loose. I really need to see some weight loss soon. How are the advantage bars, are they filling?

Sheila
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 15:46

BF:
Question Perhaps your carb-intake is too high

Sheila,
That would indicate that soon after induction you went into a stall. Perhaps you added too many carbs in after you finished induction?

People lose from different parts of their body. I lost several inches off my waist but my thighs and arms are still the same after several months!

{...Even that I dont know if I'm measuring wrong or something...} I'd say you are measuring right but don't have enough faith in yourself.

Stay with it - I reckon the Whoosh Fairy will be visiting you pretty soon.
Take care.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 15:46

BF:

I ordered Soy Flour, a few snacks, and some of the chocolate. It arrived 48 hours later, and the chocolate is only 3.4g of carbs in the whole bar so i was well impressed.

I havent measured myself to be honest. Dont know why but i prefer to see the results on the scales than on a tape measure. I can definately feel the difference in my clothes though
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 23:21

Stats: 175/161/147
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Netrition

I've used Netrition several times over the past 3 years and they are excellent. I've never bothered with the Atkins site as it is very pricey. Netrition offer about the best discounts on most products (including Atkins bars).

The parcels arrive quickly. Be warned though if you aren't used to ordering from abroad. You'll have to pay the courier an additional amount for VAT and clearing customs. Since mail order stuff from the US is tax free and usually much cheaper than UK I don't find it too much of a hardship.

Incidentally, does anyone know why supplements are so much more expensive in the UK? A few of the standard ones aren't bad here if you buy generic ones. But stuff like Alpha Lipoic Acid and Co Q 10 are a quarter or even less of the price in the US. I was doing a big order at vitaminshoppe and out of interest looked at Solgar B-100. It's $17 at Vitaminshoppe but £40 in the UK. Same product, quantity, make!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 04:50
Registered Member

BF:

Hi

My order from Dr Atkins was as follows:

One Advantage Bar - quite good and made a nice change for me.

One bag of flour (cant remember what kind) but it ws the kind that makes what he calls biscuits.

One jar of Blood Pressure Pills (having high blood pressure I thought I would try them)

And then I bought the Starter Kit of Vitamins that last for two weeks which gives you the Dieters Advantage vitamins which include Maxi-L-Carnitine and Chromium Picolinate which definitely help in the dieting process.

Hope this helps - if you need any more information from me then please feel free to ask.

I cant remember the shipping charges but I dont think they were that much extra as I recall. Try putting in the order to see what the total is that comes up.

Best wishes

Daschnook
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 06:37
Registered Member

Stats: 786/786/786 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 2%
Default not stalled

Hi everyone;

guess what I've lost 2 more pounds
So I guess I did'nt stall.

Fiona;
the thing is I did'nt add any more carbs after induction because I was kicked out of ketosis once by adding just a bit more, so I was very carefull. You know the funny thing is during my induction, I once had two bottles of Z2O drinks, I supposed by that time thte idea of low carbing was'nt as deeply set in my mind as it is now. The thing is that afterwardds when I realised I was so worried of being out of ketosis I kept chacking contimuously for 2-3 days. I never went out of ketosis, I'm not eating a lot of fat either so the ketostix were not turning due to dietry fat

About measurements, I hope you're right, cause I still dont feel as though I lost much.

Ciao
Sheila
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 01:16

BF:
Smile Sheila, Stay with it

{Sheila: ... so I was very carefull.} I am sure you were. I do understand. Some people are more resistant. YMMV. I started off beautifully but have been hovering between the 62 and 65kg for a few months. I have been practically on induction with just a lllllittttttle extra at TOM time. So much that I stopped weighing myself.

Last night I suddenly "sensed" a change - I FELT thinner. The feeling was so strong I got on the scales before I got into bed and sure enough I have broken that 62 barrier. Down to 60kg. This morning I thought I must have been dreaming but it is still 60kg!!

Even if I am not losing I would still stay on LC 'cos I feel much better.

Take care.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 09:38
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Fiona

Just wanted to say 'well done' on sticking with it and finally breaking through that barrier.

The same kind of thing happened to me too. I was wondering if it would ever happen (lose the weight) but one evening I finally felt slimmer and went to weigh myself and saw that almost half a stone was gone. It is now officially half a stone.

The feeling I used to get when I would stand on teh scales and see that it was not shifting from its 9 stone mark was so depressing that words will not express it. But - sticking with this diet does work and eventually the lbs do drop off but you need to be totally determined to eat the way it is described in the book.

Well done to you.

Daschnook
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 14:51

Plan: Dr.Atkins
Stats: 308/238/147
BF:
Progress: 43%
Red face

Hello Everyone,

Ive just read all your comments and Its really helped me, Ive been low-carbing since late December and I was doing really well until a month ago when my weight started to stall.

Now I know it's not just me it's restored my faith in myself and the woe, thankyou thankyou thankyou!!

With regards

Anna