Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-16, 15:35

Plan: celebrity slim
Stats: 199/192/128 Female 168 cm
BF:
Progress:
Smile Nurse from the UK

Hi!! I am so pleased to have found this forum

I am 35 years old (female) from Spain but I live and work as a critical care nurse in the UK.

My stats are:
168 cm tall (5'6)
Starting weight 90 kg
Current weight 87 kg
First goal weight 69 kg
Final goal weight 58 kg
Starting BMI: 32
Current BMI: 30
Final goal BMI: 20
<-- hence my nickname, from 30 to 20!

I am, right now, following a low carb diet called celebrity slim, which uses a lot of subtitutes for main meals like bars and shakes. I am happy with the weight loss but when I finish my products I want to switch to a more natural low carb diet (Atkins!)

My reasons to want to lose weight are health, vanity and I would like to become pregnant but I have PCOS and being overweight is not helping!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-16, 03:08

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome

I answered your questions over on the Atkins sub-forum. Don't miss all the information also posted on the PCOS sub-forum. I added a sweet success story there yesterday. http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46

Just to clarify...Dr Westman's diet Molly writes about in her story above, is the same as the Duke Lifetsyle clinic, the same diet DietDoctor uses as his two week challenge, and the same as now available free from the HealClinic. Dr Westman was the first clinical researcher to do a study on the Dr Atkins diet as used in the Atkins clinic, without the options in the Dr Atkins books. All 20g total carbs, mostly all same real foods lists, all basically the same diet.
All the best,

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Sep-27-16 at 05:11.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-16, 11:44

Plan: celebrity slim
Stats: 199/192/128 Female 168 cm
BF:
Progress:

Thank you so much! I will go and read the post now
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-01-16, 11:42

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Welcome!

Glad you are looking to start a more natural, whole foods based approach. Bars and shakes are not meant for lifetime, and they are very processed/contain u healthy ingredients, can slow/halt weight loss for some, have GI side effects for some, etc....

As a critical care nurse, what is your schedule like? I think planning for foods you can eat very quickly and without prep will be important to keeping you on plan.
A few thoughts- bags of pre-portioned/sliced cheese, hard boiled eggs, bags of nuts, bags of precut veggies with containers of dips "to go" (you can buy these or make your own and buy small tupperware containers. In the US we have everything from ranch to hummus to guacamole sold "to go." I would UK has similar products for convenience?), deli meat slices, eggs/veg/meat quiche baked in muffin tin for grab and go "muffins", etc.....

Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-03-16, 17:21

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Lovely avatar! Welcome to a great site for information and encouragement.

Best wishes.