Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-05-09, 18:14

Plan: CALP since 2.16.09
Stats: 322/309/168 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default My CAD/CALP journey taught me that ...

You do not have to suffer to lose weight.

You do not have to banish all carbs for life to lose weight

You can feel happy, clear-headed, and full while losing weight

You should not listen to people who have never tried it, but try to convince you it doesn't work

Eat lots and lots of fiber, or ...

What did you learn on your CAD/CALP journey and would you care to share?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-06-09, 06:47
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

wow- great thread! let me see.....

Trust yourself and listen to your body-

This is how I need to eat/this is how my body needs to be fed to be healthy. THis is just the way it is.

My next RM is,at most, 24 hours away. If I REALLY want it I can have it then.

I am responsible for my eating/food- no one else. I accept that responsibility and embrace it.

It is okay to be very assertive about my food/eating/health as a way of taking care of ME.

Plan, plan, plan. It is work but SOOOOOO worth it to feel great, look great, be hellthy (lol).

This is not a diet- it is a LIVE-it. This is soooo for the journey- the life I want to live.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-06-09, 17:43

Plan: CALP since 2.16.09
Stats: 322/309/168 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Eno,

You are soooo right - CALP is a life-long way of life, a live-it !!! Great term !

I am pretty new at this, but I know that this way of life is physiologically AND psychologically compatible with me and the way I operate. What I know for sure is that I used to eat half to a whole large candy bar each day, and since the 2nd day on CALP, I could care less if I had chocolate. I haven't had a single piece of chocolate in 2.5 weeks! And knowing me, and my 30-year addiction to chocolate, that IS a miracle.

The reward meal has been a miracle as far as not feeling deprived and waiting till the RM to have something, if I still felt like having it. The other LC plans didn't work for me because I felt deprived.

Because of the way CALP is designed, for the first time in my dieting life I feel I could live like this forever. And I mean every letter of "forever". Who would want to go back to feeling fuzzy, sick, lethargic, addicted to food, and feeling out of control again? Not me, that much I know.