Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-08, 14:24

Plan: LC
Stats: 294/289.4/175 Female 64 in
BF:yikes!!
Progress: 4%
Default Returning to CAD

Hi everyone. I have been struggling with the decision to stay with Atkins or go back to CAD. My first experience with LC was CAD. BTW, at the time, I had only read the CAD book, and so did not know about balancing the RM (which I later read about in the CALP book). It worked anyway! Most of the time, I wouldn’t do a carb binge, but I definitely would eat a starch vege and a dessert. Still, I was losing weight like crazy. Unfortunately, I went off and back on a few times, then completely off. My weight ballooned up to 294 and I developed high BP. I started reading about Atkins on this board and tried it. The weight came off much faster on Atkins, but again I went off and back on a few times. Anyway, this year I decided I have to lose weight and that I have to stay on some form of LC to keep my BP in check. I stalled on Atkins for a long time after a 25 pound initial loss, even though I was doing everything right. Then, one day I thought, maybe I need to “shake things up” a little and I switched back to CAD. I have now broken through my stall and am down 5 more pounds in the last 2 weeks.

I know both plans (Atkins and CAD) work, but I guess I need to find one that I can stick to long term and even when l am facing challenges. CAD is the best choice for that, for me personally. My BP is still low on CAD, and even if my weight loss is slower, I really don’t care. It’s such an easy program to stay on. I actually am less hungry on CAD than Atkins, and of course the RM is such a treat every day!

I know I still have a lot left to lose. Has anyone lost a lot of weight on CAD? I also post over in the TDC and I never run across anyone there on CAD.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone on this forum.

Sonia
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-08, 20:35

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Hi Sonia,

I don't post very often in the TDC, but I am there, and I am a devoted Calper

I previously lost almost 75 lbs. doing Calp, which I think is a respectable amount...this time, I plan to lose weight I gained back and the extra weight past that, and get to my goal weight.

Please also post in the main cad/calp thread (Hour Power #2)...hope to see you there!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-08, 06:34
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Sonia-
welcome!!!!!
E
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-08, 16:30

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Hi Sonia and welcome to CAD/CALP!

I began CALP on 3/03/08 and have lost over 40 lbs. so far. I still have a ways to go but have found myself very satisfied with CALP. I don't seem to be losing as fast as others but will not change what I am doing for any reason. CALP has taught me how to eat and to remain in control, while still enjoying the foods that I love.

Please join us on the main thread so we can get to know you!