Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 19:18

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I got through the day and what a day it was. My husband is sitting in Atlanta, his flight was overbooked, the next one was overbooked, there was a question for a while if he was even going to get home tonight at all, (he will be here at 11:05). Anyway, seemed like the perfect excuse for a cigarette - but - realized that a cigarette wouldn't make this or anything else better.

You are doing so well - just don't get caught offguard when the craves hit unexpectedly.

I have chosen not to smoke for 5 Days 23 Hours 19 Minutes 16 Seconds. Cigarettes not smoked: 238. Money saved: $31.05.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 19:44
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%

Quote:
You are doing so well - just don't get caught offguard when the craves hit unexpectedly.

In a way I guess I am lucky...even if this happens I would be stuck here without a car and 50 min walk to the next store. So there is plenty of time to re-think a craving. Trust me now I am suffering...just had dinner and my body wants to go in this damn garage. Maybe I should just go in and stand around for a while..

You are doing great...almost 6 days

M
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Dec-20-02, 08:20

BF:

Hang in there Mischa. Try not to romance them - you are not giving anything up - you are gaining your freedom.
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Dec-20-02, 08:50
Vorsicht! heiß

Default 1 day 22 hours:)

I am hanging in there and have to say, it is getting a bit easier. I slept better last night and just a brief thought of a smoke this morning, when I grabbed my coffee and came on to the computer. The Garage is right behind me...my body kind of turned this direction for a second. My weight was back down, which made me happy...but I still have the feeling I am bloated. Rings are tight and I have a feeling my face looks like a blow fish But not smoking...man I am Happy...almost 2 days *wheeeee*
Mischa
  #65   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-02, 08:18

BF:

Mischa you are doing great!

OK - all you other lurking-want- to- be -quitting- smokers, have we inspired you just a little yet?

I have chosen not to smoke for 1 Week 12 Hours 19 Minutes 30 Seconds. Cigarettes not smoked: 300. Money saved: $39.07.
  #66   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-02, 09:39
Vorsicht! heiß

whohooo Atriana...you got me to stop...Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!! And I feel great...my lungs don't whistle any more in bed or when I laugh

I have chosen not to smoke for 2 Days 21 Hours 7 Minutes 21 Seconds. Cigarettes not smoked: 37. Money saved: C$13.57.

Mischa
  #67   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-02, 10:21

BF:

And Mischa, can you imagine, if you can inspire one person to quit, and they can do the same, and onwards and onwards.
  #68   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-02, 10:45
Vorsicht! heiß

Atriana you are right, I send the website to a good friend of mine in Germany and hope it will have the same outcome on her, then it did on me. Hubby gave the Smoke free Website to a colleague at work....her parents are heavy smokers and struggle with the thought of quitting...so it does make some rounds. Oh in a few hours I can join this website....I am almost at 72 hours. You really think all the nicotine is out of our bodies? I feel sort of ok but noticed how puffy I am...even my face. I wonder if this is a reaction from my body for not getting it's drug? I am very pale as well...but sort of really ok with coping. Of course there are moments...like just now...but it is all manageable

Oki I better feed my animals and send hubby off to go Up-Island and then start doing things here.

hugs Mischa
  #69   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-02, 13:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/194/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 53%

You guys are doing great! Hang in there!
Erika
  #70   ^
Old Sun, Dec-22-02, 08:26
Vorsicht! heiß

I have chosen not to smoke for 3 Days 19 Hours 54 Minutes 34 Seconds. Cigarettes not smoked: 49. Money saved: C$18.05.

Atriana oh boy yesterday I was in the foulest mood ever. I could not stand myself Thank god this day is over and I just hope its better today. Was a tad upset this morning and it must be nerves..the Freedom smoking site denied my membership and here I sat crying at 5 AM hehehehe. Man my nerves are really thin the past few days!!! Oh well...I can get through this without them...I came this far ..didn't I
My weight is bouncing too...this bugged me as well this morning..I was really hoping I could avoid this with my lowering my calories and upping my exercise. But I still retain water...my hands feel so hot and tight. Do you have this too?

I am whiny today...sorry How are things going at your house. Hubby doing alright...the 2 of you not in each others hair all day?

I wish you a nice Sunday

hugs Mischa
  #71   ^
Old Sun, Dec-22-02, 10:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/178/145
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Keep it up...it gets better!

You guys are just doing amazing, support is what really makes a difference with the dreaded quit!
I have chosen not to smoke for almost 6 months, and though it is still a struggle, it's NOT an every day struggle anymore. There are still times when I "romance" the cigs, thinking that my smoking friends "get to" smoke and I don't, but that's usually when I'm feeling whiney...

Off to some family do's...keep the quit!

Huzzah to all you gorgeous good smelling non-smokers!!

Sarah
  #72   ^
Old Sun, Dec-22-02, 11:08
Vorsicht! heiß

Hi Sarah,

I kind of expected it to be rough...and I guess the first 2 days I was lucky...I felt great. Just yesterday I started getting really bitchy..hehehe but I am sure this will pass (or I hope for hubby's sake :lol.

I am glad that there are no smokers around me and with the smoking law here in BC you won't find any smokers in Restaurants and Bars neither. This should help for the cravings as well. Can't wait until I reach 6 month...for now it's a day at the time

Thanks for the info and congrats to you for reaching half a year!

Mischa
  #73   ^
Old Sun, Dec-22-02, 11:10

BF:

Mischa - Go over the stuff required for Freedom membership. In your request you need to tell them the date and time you stopped using any nicotine products. You also must mention that you have read their relapse policy. There was a list of stuff - they denied my first request because I only had 70 hours completed. It sounds hard assed, but they want you to read the stuff on their site. Check out the Join Now section again - include all the necessary stuff - they will welcome you then.
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Dec-22-02, 17:11

Plan: protein power
Stats: 265/134/120
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi Atriana & Misha!
You can do this!! I've quit cold turkey it will be 9 months on Dec. 24th. I feel wonderful, no longer being a slave to a cigarette, I would never go back, the smell is now repulsive to me, I just can't believe I put my family through this for so many years.
Get through the first week and you'll see it gets easier, I think you should really keep yourselves busy, anything to keep your mind off smoking and before you know it the cravings are less, and the thoughts of smoking are less too...I'm a very happy person now and you both can be too..
Good Luck to you!!!
Louise
  #75   ^
Old Sun, Dec-22-02, 17:23
Vorsicht! heiß

Hi Louise

thanks...I am on day 4 and coping. It bothers me to be so bitchy and I have hot feet and hands But I am glad I did not smoke for 4 days I will never smoke again..this is for sure and I know those days will ease off and become more normal. Were you low carbing then too when you quit? What did your weight do? I lowered my calories and upped my exercise...but my body is bouncing with a pound. I found my heart rate slow..checked it today and it was 40 (resting heart rate) a few weeks ago it was always around 65 or so. Ahh I am just bitching..hehehehe But hey...I AM A NON SMOKER

Mischa

Last edited by mischa : Sun, Dec-22-02 at 17:26.