Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-08, 04:19

Plan: My Own
Stats: 184.2/175.8/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Hi

Hi everyone. Dr gave me a prescription for Chantix yesterday. After reading everything I have about it...it's kinda scary. I have 2 kids and really don't want to freak out after taking this stuff. I haven't started it yet but I really want and need to stop smoking. 2 packs a day for 9 years. I have no history of depression but my life can get real stressful at times as I have a 10 year old that insists I'm the devil and am so mean. She's a little out of control so it can get crazy around here. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks

I also want to add that I've got an upper resp infection right now (one of the reasons I want to quit, was coughing up gross stuff and thought I had lung cancer) I'm on antibiotic and Maxitab (strong congestion meds)...my question is if I should wait until this is cleared up before starting the Chantix?

Last edited by xjennjennx : Thu, Sep-25-08 at 04:34.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-08, 08:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/190/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

I'd ask the doctor...and if he says it's fine to start now...then it's up to you. I always found it easier to refrain from smoking when I was sick...so it might be a good time to get a head start. Chantix worked for me. I took it for a month and then quit...continuing the med for another 3-4 weeks. It's been a year and I dont miss it all or mind being around smokers. Weird but true. Good luck to you...