Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-01, 06:59

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Talking Just started.. Feeling better already!

Hi, I am on my fourth day of Dr. aitkins program and really happy about the results. I wasrecently diagnosed with low blood sugar whihh finally gave me an answer to the constant array of symptoms I have been feeling. I knew that food affected me physically because if I ate i.e raisin Bran cereal for breakfast an hour and a half later I would have the shakes. I constantly craved sugar (candy gum cookies etc...) and would eat it a good part of the day. I was constantly weak, irritable , exhausted from doing nothing and had a hard time focusing on tasks that I set out to do. I felt perhaps I was lazy or even has adult attention deficit disorder. This pattern made me feel depressed. Anyway, I did some reading on the web. looking up chronic fatigue syndrome, ADD,Anxiety, Diabetis., and hypoglycemia. The information for low blood sugar sounded interesting especially because of the symptoms.(fatigue,irritability,anxiety,trouble focusingetc..) It said that we have to request a Glucose tolerance test from our doctor and i T came out with LBS. I was relieved to finally have aconfirmed diagnosis so I immediately wanted to start eating better since this is a food related condition . The dietician I saw told me to eat frequent smaller meals amd to always eat a fruit with a protien or carb witha protien. I was so disappointed to find that I still felt almost the same. After reading a little I read that for some people, carbs(even Whole grains) and fruits still affect them physically. I was afraid to try it , But I wanted to see if it would make a difference in how I feel. From the very first day I felt energy I never had, I was able to think much more clearly. Its amazing. I am so glad that I found this web site. I have some questions and I am sure more to come. What is the purpose of sticking to exactly 20 grams of carbs a day? Is this for weight loss? I want to lose weight but that is not the main reason I am doing this plan, it is to feel good. I have to get myself a carb. gram book because I don`t know what has what. In the morning I have one cup of regular coffee with cream I know that this is discouraged, but I need to have one small enjoyment a day, I have eggs for breakfast some cheese for a snack, a large lettuce salad for lunch with meat, cheese for snack, same for dinner, . I was wondering if I can eat sunflower seeds because they are a nice snack. I can`t eat a t spoon I might as well not get started. Are there low carb dieters who as a way of eating for life cut out carbs and fruits altogether. I heard that you can slowly incorporate them back into your diet but if it affected you once how is that going ti change in a few weeks,months? I am looking forward to lots of responses thanks!! Monica:)
Sponsored Links