Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-01, 22:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 255/222/150
BF:
Progress: 31%
Cool Hi - Glad to be here

Hi - My name is Donna. I'm 31, married, work full-time and attend college full-time. I'm a vocal Music Major.

I have am preparing for an Opera in October and want to take off 30-40 pounds by then. I'm the lead Soprano and I don't want another picture taken of me at a performance that I can't be proud of.

I had lost 30 pounds last year and 2 sizes. Gained 7 back last semester and now have started the Atkin's Plan for the next phase of my revolution.

I'm glad to be here and look forward to learning alot from fellow lowcarber's.

I weigh somewhere around 233 right now, almost a size 18, I'm 5'7" - long legs, short waist, very muscular. My goal weight is 150 by next summer.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-01, 22:32
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile hi Donna, welcome to our forum

Opera! Oh, how beautiful... ... I wish you every success!

83 lbs in a year is not unattainable, that averages out to 1.5 lbs per week. Are you planning some exercise as well? That will help too. Even walking is great.

Looking forward to reading all about your lowcarbing success!

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-01, 22:53
Registered Member

BF:
Default OOOPPs

I forgot to add about the exercising. I was heavily into bodybuilding about 10 years ago and still retain alot of that muscle. Most people believe I'm about 40lbs lighter because of the muscle tone.

My regular routine now though is walking, water aerobics and my healthrider. I exercise just about everyday. I'm more focused on burning fat and maintaining the muscle. I love all three of those exerises so it makes it easy. Plus my vocal training requires physical stamina and good breathing techniques. After an hour rehearsal I feel like I've run around a block a few times. Looking forward to better breathing with some of this weight coming off my chest and diaphram. When I sit during choir practice I feel as though my air is cut off due to a nice roll I have around my lower ab area.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-01, 01:30
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the forum Donna!

Cool! You're our first opera singer.

I noticed that you've already started a journal. Take Doreen's advice and get another copy of DANDR. It's full of great information.

Keep posting. It works if you work it.

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-01, 07:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcom donna! wow, you sure have a lot on your plate! what a busy girl you are! i admire your determination! i think you'll have great success with this way of eating!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-01, 11:41
Registered Member

BF:
Default Thank you

Thank you for all the welcome's - That is very nice.