Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-01, 19:12

Plan: ??
Stats: 261/254/180
BF:
Progress:
Cool New at this !

Just started theis week.....I find it's not easy to do at first..everything seems to have carbs in ! The hardest part will be trying to get my wife to do this with me, she really loves pasta!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-01, 19:45
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Trek,

Welcome to the board!

You will be surprised to find all the great things to eat that don't have carbs in them...

The first weeks are always the hardest. When your wife sees the great success you're having, she'll probably want to join you!

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-29-01, 07:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcom trek! are by any chance a trekkie? there are a few of us on board here! the easiest way to eat lowcarb food is to eat natural foods. not fruit for now though. eat meat,poultry,fish, just don't bread it. eggs, cheese, butter, olive oil. salads w/oil and vinegar or non lowfat salada dressings. veggies w/butter or hollandaise sauce. just don't eat the potatoes, rice and pasta that your wife cooks.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-29-01, 09:00

Plan: ??
Stats: 261/254/180
BF:
Progress:
Cool Hi Debbie !

Hi Debbie,
Thanks for the tips, I know I'll need them. What I would like to do is to slowly get my wife on the low carb eating plan as well. Maybe I'll try to change her over a little bit at a time so she don't notice ! This msg. board is just great for making it on a low carb plan!! Thanks again!
Gary