Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-31-06, 09:03

Plan: protein power plan
Stats: 225/225/150 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default HELP! Nicotine Patch - Questions.....

I am desperate to quit smoking...but fail when I take the cold turkey route....

Has anyone tried the Patch...and if so, how did it work for you?

Thanks,
Kris
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 09:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237/218/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi MissKris

I used the patch a couple of times The last time Was in april 05 and I have not smoked since then. For me it made a world of difference. you must understand though that you have to really want to quit for any method to work. I was able to quit without crying or yelling or wanting to kill somebody. That was the major difference. I also followed the program all the way through. There are support web sites that were most helpful to me, go there and read, read, read, before you set your date to stop. My sister quit for 2 years and used the patch to help her. I did not have a problem when it came time to go it alone without the patch because a lot of my habits were broken and I had learned to overcome a lot of my triggers. I say try them you have nothing to lose but maybe a bad habit and some cash but you are already throwing money away anyhow. I did for years. I hope I never ever pick up a cig again. But I a have to stay on guard because I believe once an addict always an addict. I wish you the very best with whatever you choose to do. May talk to your Doctor and get some advice. Take care! sincerely~MargoP

I have quit for 9 Months, 2 Weeks, 6 Days, 9 hours, 56 minutes and 49 seconds (295 days). I have saved $1,237.04 by not smoking 7,385 cigarettes. I have saved 3 Weeks, 4 Days, 15 hours and 25 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 4/11/2005 11:55 PM
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-06, 11:40

Stats: 203/193/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 23%

I used the patch and have been "smoke-less" since 18 Oct 2002. Mentally, I was ready but also knew I could no longer do it cold turkey. At one point, the patch seemed to work so well I thought "wow, this is easy...maybe I could smoke and quit, smoke and quit". I didn't though, and I knew deep inside my brain was ready to make me quit...not just the patch. I am a firm believer.....nothing will work until you have made up your mind mentally that it is time. Good luck to everyone who is going through this very hard task!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-06, 14:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/154/126 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 0%
Wink

Hi
I have tried the patches but did not like the constant flow of nicotine in my bloodstream and the arm the patch was on ached (no idea what that was about?) prefer the inhaler and the chewing gum myself as you get an instant hit when you need it, but its worth trying anything get the lot in stock up with any products and just keep trying, I have been off them for 6 weeks and you just go longer and longer before you need something I go all day into the evening now without thinking about smoking, so good luck, pick a day and give it a go.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-13-06, 20:47

Stats: 252/198/190 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 87%

I quit smoking Jan. 1, 2006 using the patch for a month and never picked one up again. And I lost 20 lbs doing atkins.

Yes I am patting myself on the shoulder becuase I didn't know I had willpower like that. Plus I never kept a new years resolution before.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-06, 07:56
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

My hubby used the patch for 1 month and has been quit over 3 years since. I tried to use them and really needed the help. BUT started to have a fever and rash so my doc told me the patch was not for me. I am still quit tho over 2 years now.. I say go for it if your not sensitive to the adhesive.

Angel