Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-12, 03:07

Plan: LC Maintain
Stats: 220/127.5/140 Female 5'4"
BF:20.6
Progress: 116%

I gave up the corn as well. It doesn't matter if this is the Cornhusker state, I'll have green veggies, please.

Demi, thanks for sharing the article. very informative.

science says, i'm healthy. i'm going to ignore everyone who is so "worried" about my weight. if the situation was reversed and i was telling them to lose weight, it would be a completely different situation.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-12, 07:34

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraTea
I gave up the corn as well. It doesn't matter if this is the Cornhusker state, I'll have green veggies, please.

Demi, thanks for sharing the article. very informative.

science says, i'm healthy. i'm going to ignore everyone who is so "worried" about my weight. if the situation was reversed and i was telling them to lose weight, it would be a completely different situation.

Ooh, they would be mad! No one wants to be told to loose weight
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-12, 07:41

BF:

We have corn and beef here, I will stick with the beef. We have a nice white heafer fattening up now, the idea is to eat her come spring. BFs father wants to keep her and pick a different calf (sigh) they better get it figured out, I'm running low on steaks!

Last year I made BF hold back the butchar calf, he wanst happy, had to pick a different one. She was born on Christmas, the day I met BF, he showed me pics of the new calf on our fist date. I named her christmas calf, and she is now 1 yr and 9 months old and she's going to give me future babies Oh, I feed her corn!
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-12, 04:52

Plan: LC Maintain
Stats: 220/127.5/140 Female 5'4"
BF:20.6
Progress: 116%

sometimes, i feel a bit guilty about all the chickens i have probably eaten. i try to buy the kind that is least harmful.

i could never eat something i have named. future baby moo moos sounds great though.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-12, 06:47

BF:

We don't name the butchar calves, and trust me, they don't have a bad life. They run with their mamas till they are 6 months old, out on 85 acres of pasture, and in the hay field on and off when need be. Weaning is moving all the calves at once to a small lot for 2 weeks. Thats to get them past the "I want Mommy stage," we can keep an eye on them and the fence is taller in the lot. After their 2 weeks off Momma, they are turned out with the bulls in a small pasture, they also have creap feed (corn mixture) and get hay. Once were out of pasture for the winter, we move the calves back into their pen and they stay there till auction time. The butchar calf stays put with any heifers that we hold back, the bulls of course have their own pen by that time. Don't want any oopsies, thats how Chrismas Calf came about

We only name certain cows, not may though. There were a few that were 4-H calves (pets) and Christmas Calf and the orphan calf is named Orphy I would emagine we'll keep the white heifer and not eat her this year and the orphan calf will be the butchar calf. The white heifer's Momma is getting older and her teets are getting to big, its hard for the calves to latch on at first. She will stay till she has to may problems, but we don't mind helping her out, she's a really good Momma and gentle, with us

We feed cattle corn to fatten them up and help milk production, I don't understand the milk production but thats what they claim. Why would we need to eat corn when it just fattens us up? I don't know about you, but I'm not a butchar calf or Thanksgiving turkey!

I asked BF last night about my weight and he said that he's pleased I'm trying so hard to loose weight. He also said i don't look bad at all with a little rib showing and my hips are now uncovered (mostly).

I think we get distorted views of whats healthy and what small/large is. The bigger I got, the better larger people looked and the skinnier, skinny people looked. Now that I've lost a lot of weight, skinny people don't look quite so anorexic and I don't have jelousy issues with the skinny girls