Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2146   ^
Old Wed, Jun-13-18, 04:59

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!
Tired this morning! I went to bed late. I love my sleep!!!!! I am more of a 10-2 kinda gal!

Nic- wow, you sure have your summer planned out! It sounds like you are just as close to your kids! I think my kid calls me as much as he does is because he is single and so am I. It is hard to be single when the rest of the world around you has spouses and families. He is especially sensitive to that because all his friends are married and are now starting their families.
Trust me if he was in that place he MIGHT call me once a week!!! HAHAHAHA

But he knows I will pick up because I am single and hanging out here too! I almost need an appointment to talk to the DD!!!! Her and the kiddo's.

How is your kiddo doing? Hope he is doing better!

TRIG- Oh, you got the showers!!!! Bummer!!! You are almost a week now to go. Are ya ready? How was the Red Lobster venture? You roamed the mall then too right?
You got those riding lawn mowers don't you? how much lawn do you cut?

I had chicken last night. I can only do so much chicken in a week. I don't like bones in my meat either! So I am not a thigh eater. I know however dark meat tastes better.

I am thinking shrimp tonight! Bought a big bag- just needs thawing.

BLUE- I know you had a great time with the son! Yup then time to get back on the LC train my friend. Whatever you got going on- regaining weight should not be one of them!
Nothing worse then lugging around extra "luggage"- Trust me on that one!!!!

Lori- I am amazed you are still working! I think if I didn't HAVE to go I wouldn't. But that is me. I would volunteer some where. But to deal with the crap you have had to deal with, nope!

Glad you got your run in!
---------------------------------------------------------
not much else moving and shaking- same party different day! Just getting though. I am scheduled for my weekly sit down with M today. I am just going to be quite. I am not going to let anyone steal my joy!

They are installing a new phone system next week that is tied to our phones. Big brother...... gotta run-
Totally on plan today-
Not feeling hungry at all!
Sponsored Links
  #2147   ^
Old Wed, Jun-13-18, 18:41

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Trying to check in even if I can't chat like I usually do.

Son left this morning, and it was so sad. We were in the car w/his luggage, and he needed to go back twice to see his beloved home once again. Got in the car, got out of the car and went back for one more hug. Meanwhile, hubby and I just held hands, tightly.

Then of course, there was just letting him go, AGAIN. Funny how a day or so before they leave you're ready to say ENOUGH, but when they are actually leaving, oh man, it pulls on your heart so darn hard.

To be honest, I have been crying on and off all day. That may sound bad, but actually, it's good. As I've grown older, crying has been harder, and I really DO BELIEVE in a good cry. Got my raindrops falling today, and it's just what needed to be.

Back on plan today, but not with much heart. Will come around and re-group.
  #2148   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-18, 04:57

BF:

Blue- ((((((((( Hugs))))))))))- I feel ya, every time my son leaves too! But that is what makes us great parents. We have raised independent and brave sons! They have productive and lives too!

Well I am glad you are back in the saddle! Post when you can- let us know how you are doing!
---------------------------------------------
Was it just me and Blue in here yesterday? Were is everyone?

So yesterday was different. What I thought was going to be a normal day - was anything but. So I stroll in normal time, knowing that Wed. is leadership day.
All the managers spead the day locked in a conference room concurring the woes of the world right? It is usually quite for the rest of us. Well I am head back to my office when M stick her smiling head out of her office.

I swear she was smiling like a checher cat I almost wanted to turn around and see if someone else was in back of me. I was like """"um yea? """"""- she said her boss has been wondering why I have not been in those meetings?
I haven't pressed it- I have liked my space. Well I spent 6.5 hours lock in a conference room- with the other managers and the big wigs talking about the woes of the world and acting liked I cared!

So I am in there with the rest of the bean counters. And M is sitting next to me like we are best buds. It was freaky!!!! Her boss was there, the medical directors and several more managers from different dept. And a few more directors. Anyway I was informed I will be expected to attend going forward. I am sure that M was "talked" to by her boss. I don't know what was said, as I have not complained about her- except here!!!!

We are moving in Sept. - of course the rest of the team doesn't know that. I also know "they" are taking the benefit of the work from home day away. I can expect a revolt. But I will wait until that comes out. It won't come from me.
Enough of that- but I was really blown away from yesterday!

I was really really pumped about our WOE here. I have gotten lost in YouTube. Am I the only one that does that? I started off looking for Keto recipes and and videos and next thing I know it's like 3-4 hours gone. But I find it so interesting what people are doing in their kitchens, and on the Keto LC lifestyle!
Real people living it out and posting about it! I loved watching what people are making.
This one gal- OMG she looked amazing- ate like a horse, but it was all LC/ KETO. She measured everything- it was a little much.

That is what I love is the not counting and measuring! But it was a reminder that all bites of this and that ADD UP FAST!!!!!!

I thought I had the lawn situation under control. I have been going back and forth with this company that was going to do my yard for 20 bucks- but when I called last night to pay, they jacked it up to 40 bucks! I have been round and round for a few days with them and just called it off.

I guess I need to suck it up and get a mower. I really don't like mowing. I love the look when it's done. I am a sweat machine when it's over- don't like that either!

Ok- feeling good.
KMOM- so yesterday if you could have been a fly on the wall you would have laughed out loud at this. So I am gathering my things to hit the conference room. So I go back to my desk and gather 7 bottles of water. EVERYONE cracked up- because I said they were just for me, not sharing.
At the end of the day- I was sucking down the 1/2 bottle that was all that was left. I peed once! They called me a CAMEL-

So maybe I am not fat after all- I am just holding WATER!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good one all
  #2149   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-18, 08:24

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi All!

Jaz- so this office move in September does not add to your commute time, right? Hopefully not. Sorry you had to sit in meetings all day. That sounds like a nightmare to me. Too funny about the water. I would have been peeing constantly but even if I didn't have to go I would have been getting up and going to the bathroom at least once an hour so I wouldn't have to just sit there like that.

This is the mower I have. No problems with it at all and easy to use. http://www.sears.com/craftsman-21in...=1&blockType=G1
Much smarter to buy that than pay a service to do it. I don't bag the clippings either. I can do our half acre in 45 minutes.

Blue- Hugs to you on your boy leaving and saying goodbye to his childhood home. That really tugged on my heart strings. Bless all of you during this transition. In the long run I really believe it will be a good thing but the going through it will be hard at times, for sure.

Hello to everyone else!

The boy is doing well. Yesterday he had only two Tylenol for pain in 24 hours. He had to come off the abx and the 800 mg ibuprofen due to chest pain, which I think was a reaction to the abx. I can take almost no abx due to sensitivities but fortunately require them rarely.

His report card came out yesterday and he did well- a 3.6 GPA for his sophomore year. He was really pleased and proud of himself. He got a 3.3 his freshman year so that is a nice uptick. Hopefully he can do equally well his junior year- the final shove.

I think we are going to let him have his phone back- he will have just over a week to have it before he goes to camp and leaves it at home. I will have to decide what rules etc to put in place with him regarding it. This week he has gotten back full use of Netflix and video games, but still no social media at all.

For Father's Day (coming up Sunday) I am going to make DH breakfast in bed, then he and I will go see Oceans 8, and then dinner with the kids at the Japanese Steakhouse. DD and Fi will not be around- they will be visiting Fi's parents, which will be nice for them.

I've managed to close the rings all week so far but I'm dragging myself through it for some reason. Forcing myself back on the horse.

DS and I might go see a movie today- a scary one out called Hereditary. Toni Collette is supposed to be great in it.

Continuing on with No-S.
  #2150   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-18, 09:03

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hi everyone,

Yes, I skipped posting yesterday as I feel like you all must be tired of my same old, same old posts! Thought I'd give you all a break!

I had a nice day yesterday just taking it easy and then we went out to a local pub for dinner. It was kind of nice that I switched schedules with the other girl so I could have a day off in the middle of my work week. I go in today at 4 till 10 and then not again until Sunday at 5. I think I only work 8 hours next week! YAY!

I went to the gym this morning and had a good workout. I can get a nice workout in just over 1/2 hour. I have the list of exercises and just go one to the other. I also added some upper body weight exercises to the end of the session.

That's it from my boring corner of the world.

Jaz....all day meetings are killer. About half way thru the day you're looking for anything sharp to slit your wrists. I bet you could just spit with M being nice to you after all the crap she's pulled.

Nic...glad DS is doing well and that he finished the school year with high marks! Your plans for Father's day sound nice.

Blue...I'm sure it was hard for your son to say good-bye. It's wonderful that you all will have such great memories of your home for years to come.

Hmmm.....has Trig left on vacation? The days are getting away from me lately.

Talk soon.
  #2151   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-18, 18:18

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jaz---That boss of yours is SO freaking slimy, not to mention uber passive aggressive, my least fave type. But yeah, I think she's got the drift that the uppers think you're important in the picture. Seems to me they might be using you as a check on her. That should come with more money! But of course since it's all between the lines...

When you have your yearly review/hopefully raise, is your boss the only one who gives it? I'd think it would have to be shared w/HR. Curious.

Good for you on matters of the woe. You are doing the exact right things to motivate yourself. Unlike me who has been watching Anthony Bourdain re-runs, which of course, make me want Thai noodles and a cold beer. And I don't even like beer. Sure will miss him. Love his shows.

Oh, on your post from awhile back about your gramma's lovelies. Wow, that stuff is worth a lot to collectors these days, particularly if in good shape. Do you have any of it? Not the you'd want to sell it. The black wedding dress was SO interesting. Even in today's much looser world that could cause raised eyebrows. Didn't know about the black funeral jewelry. Very interesting. Thanx for sharing.

Nic---Your son did really well for all the sturm und drang it took to get there. Here's hoping his pride over his good grade point kicks in next year and everything gets easier. That's the crazy thing about kids, they just don't get it really is easier to excel in so many ways. They feel great about themselves, teachers like them, parents are happy, life opens doors for their efforts....all for a few more hours of effort a week. Sure had this battle with my son. So smart, so clueless at that age.

Like the idea of you returning his privileges bit by bit. Just like real life, you get back what you earn back, right? Thing is, life is even harder on us than our parents. Make a mistake that hinders your reputation and it takes a very long time to set it straight. Trust is both heavy with possibilities, and as light and easy to blow away as a dead dandelion. I hate that our kids have to learn this so much earlier and thru the social media...which in many ways I don't think they have the maturity to handle in high school.

Your summer trips sound SO FAB. Mind if I live thru you a bit on this? Want to hear about every one of them as or after you experience them.

Lori---I love how stable and happy your posts are, so not to worry about boring anyone. You seem to have a very cozy, active life, with a great family around you. Good to hear your summer hours have gone way down. What you describe these days, is something I think I could handle. 29 retail hours a week, which they want to call part time, um, no. And it POs me they stop there so they don't have to pay any benefits.

And it POs me how understaffed brick and mortar stores are these days. Realize they are up against on line shopping, but not doing themselves any favors when someone does go to their big box store and can't find the help they need. I have walked out of that situation more than once.

Trigger---Yeah, are you off on vacay? I guess when we don't hear we'll know!

K-mom--- Wow, you are having a very busy summer when it comes to house guests. Hope you are enjoying it, but of course, we miss you. But sure do understand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Better today, although still a bit blue. LOL, I miss my old handle which was "Blue Skies"---a statement of hope and optimism. Today I just feel like my name and age here.

So, hubby has been an angel of help for me. He knows I just get immobilized at points, and has a very gentle and effective way of getting me to move. Today he said let's just do these three little things. I said OK. We did at least 20 things, big and small in the end, and of course that lifted my mood.

It's just all getting so real. Today we spent most of the day clearing the back end of our house for painting. Kitchen, son's room, both of our offices. And more to do. Our painter starts Monday, and we'll be ready. Somehow. SO MUCH else going on to get out of here, wouldn't dream of overwhelming/boring y'all w/it. As hubby says, one foot in front of the other, one day at a time.

On plan again totally today. Did find something I love at one of the several grocery stores around us, which we go to for different things. Chicken salad w/pecans and grapes. Not too many of the latter two, just enough for some salt and sweet. SO GOOD. Next project when I get the energy is to make it myself.

Should end up today around 25 net carbs. Back in the saddle, if not with huge enthusiasm. I know that will come when my naughty staycation bloat goes down. And it will. That's a happy thing. Takes about 4 or 5 days solidly on plan and most of it goes away. Won't come near a scale till then.
  #2152   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-18, 05:01

BF:

Good Morning!

First and foremost- Thank you NIC- I will check out that Mower- the second I finish here! MUCHO!!!!!!

I really want to see Oceans 8!!!!!! I saw the interview with those ladies. They said they had a great time making the movie!!!
Let me know how you like it! I am not a scary movie gal at all. I would rather watch a action or spy, or sci-fi.
Great job the "boy" did!

Blue- See I like your name. It reminds me of the color Blue- which is a very soothing color. Not to mention all the hues, and types of BLUE. I am a lover however of jewel tones. The brilliant colors- so saffire blue is a favorite of mine! I don't think of you as an Eyeore type!!!!!!! NO Ma'am!!!

Sometimes ya just gotta take life one step in front of the other!
Yum yum on the chicken salad! - I am not a fan of grapes, I would be picking those out.
I WISH I had some of those pretties from my Grandmother. But no. I was so used to that "stuff"- that when I had to clear out her home I was like 22, with babies, young and had no help. I donated most everything to the church bazar. I have kicked myself fo not hanging onto more! But I was young, and had not a clue, and we live in a tiny apt, with nowhere to put anything. Oh well. I have memories- those are priceless.

Trig- I know you are ready! You still have 2 days before you leave! POST!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH- then we will miss you when you are MIA!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH-
What are you packing? Do you really not open a computer? Watch TV? Anything? You really totally unplug? wow

Lori- I love your post. Even if you don't have much-you are still checking in and it's a way of being accountable! I find your posts motivating!
-----------------------------------------------
Hello- I don't have much either today- another day, LOVE it's Friday!
I am doing fine on WOE- keeping it very SIMPLE! The scales are not moving- but they are not going up either.

Yes I find M- slimy as well, passive aggressive people piss me off. I am so front door, what you see is what you get!
But I seriously think something was SAID to her. It was not her idea to start including me in stuff.AND I am sure she is not happy about it- as she smiles so big! BLECH......

I don't have anything on the dinner menu yet- but I do know I want it LC!!!!!

Gotta run!
  #2153   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-18, 06:05

BF:

Good Morning!

Looks like another beautiful day. I'm going to do some work outside instead of going for a run today. I need to clean my front porch and do some windows etc. You know I really don't want to run if I decide to clean instead!

2 day golf tournament this weekend. The weather is looking great....if a bit hot. We've waited a long time for weather like this! We tee off early at 8:15AM, so we'll be finished before it gets too hot. Now if I can only play well.

Well, time to get busy. Love you all!
  #2154   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-18, 08:57

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz blow off the OLD out of date whacko boss her time is limited and with enough rope will hang herself cause I see her already putting the noose around her head LOL

Purity Vodka. Our ABC stores don't have it. Lady got out list of all liquors sold in NC and Purity is not on that list. So I got Pinnacle. Little pint and mixed with 2 cans of those little lime Perrier cans. Kinda ok but kinda boring. I don't taste this vodka at all so that is good but I think a squeeze of fresh lime in it would help, of course I got no lime here LOL I also BLEW up instantly from the bubbles. Carbonated anything makes me look 9 mos. preggo in a nano second. I drank the thing and my guts are pooched out something awful. YES I just drank it, back from liquor store at 10:30....made one fast to try and now I think my day is out at the pool relaxing in this near 100 weather which I adore! Later this afternoon is all about loading rv. I am thinking this vodka might be great mixed with my sugar free raspberry or fruit punch crystal light stuff. I can make it weak in taste, no bubbles and this vodka would suit it fine....hmmm...might be me bringing a ton of crystal light on our trip to Charleston in March and just buying a shot of vodka when we go out and mix my crystal light in a glass of water and go for it HAHA

omg so much talk about booze hey it is super hard to find a great booze drink when on lc if ya ask me. I like so little in booze and bubbles are my enemy as is sugar drinks like an Alabama Slammer kinda thing so geez, we gotta experiment a lot I guess.

Sorry everyone, just so busy. Losing track of posts and all but I am reading along smiling

Blue you will always be Blue Skies in my mind....when I see Blue52 I don't even see the 52, my mind says Skies immediately LOL

ok all I think this is going to be a weirdo day. Got one vodka drink down me way early experimenting LOL and now I want to swim. RV is next. Fridge, clothes, foods and more. Getting barn set for goat to abandon her for a while, getting pool and house set to leave etc....so much to prepare before 10 days gone with this mini farm nightmare of maintenance LOL

Hubby's bro is in bad shape so we hear. Has a (and spelling will go south on this one) aorta bubble or anyurism thingy on kidney vein or something like that. Surgery. just waiting to hear what goes down.

Hubby had to buy new shorts, yup he is up in weight! He is ticked LOL well I said welcome to my world. His 36 do not fit anymore, he had to go out and buy new 38s to breath and have something to wear. I told him that 'elastic waist shorts' are killers cause you can gain a lot and not really feel it in clothes til ya hit the button ones He is cutting back foods now. Thank goodness cause I saw the gains coming and now he sees it and will tackle it.

ok off and running. Maybe another lime blowout fizzy drink at the pool here in a bit......party crazy day for me here HAHA I think this is gonna be an old girl day gone wild

nice Tbones on sale....for the grill tonight.

bye all!
  #2155   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-18, 16:40

BF:

OMG_ I have turned my pal gal TRIG into a LUSH....HAHAHAHAHA- - NOT- Have fun GF, every now and again it is fun to have a few. I wonder if I need to "Bootleg" - some Purity to Charleston!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH- Taking orders!!!!
Telling ya it goes down REAL EASY!!!!! Not burn or taste- just easy fun drinks pool side!

Trig- I know you are going to have some fun- you leave out tomorrow right?

LORI- Awesome on the 2 day golf event! I know you are in your element! Hope your weather holds.

Blue/ Nic/ Kmom- watching for your todays post.........
-----------------------------------------
So I was SO proud of myself to hit the car 15 minutes early to get to work to start working on a pile of work waiting for me! I need to do mid year evaluations.

All dressed ready to roll- car won't start. ARE YA KIDDING ME- dam thing only has 52 thousand miles on it. 2013- and the warranty JUST expired and NO I didn't get extended warranty.WHY? It looks like a new car with only 52 thousand miles.

So I call my boss- of course that bitch didn't take my call until I called her and texted her for over an hour. I sure want a finger flip emoji.
Anyway- I get a tow truck to come and take look- hour and half wait. Meanwhile I beg my mom to come and meet me to go get my computer so I can work from home while they drop a new battery in. She does- ya know every now and again she comes through. I think because I was on the verge of tears. Anyway- So They can't jump it- and tow it to get new battery. meanwhile I run to work and tell M that I am working from home- I just need new battery! She tried to make me feel guilty. Told her fine- then just dock- me but I need to get a working car. I just didn't have time for her shit and she backed up. I think the look on my face - she scurried like a rat back to her desk, and didn't look back up.

So I just get dropped off and I get a call- battery in- but guess what- it is the alternator - can someone say another 1000.00 dollars?!?!?!?!- The battery 160 plus labor- forgien car- has bracket on botton. So they don't do those there- now it gets towed to another place at the recomdation of the first place.

Bottom line I am out a car until Monday- it will be 980. and change. I am just floored. I JUST dropped 3000.00 on it last month. The dam thing is only worth 8000.00 Kelly Blue book- and I owe 10,000. Sigh.......

I tried to cancel my trip as I am really broke right now- to many big hit in to short time frame. But no - I have already been charged- and the cancel fee is 25% of total bill, plus lose deposit, and dog fee. I would not be ahead.

still need to buy mower. I am hemorrhaging money and feeling every bit of it!
Also I need to pay towards school next quarter- sighhhhhh OMG make it STOP!!!!!!

I am sorry. But money stress is real. I have been really good about a fusion and the rainy day fund- but it got taken out with the house buy- and it hasn't stopped since. Just not been able to catch up.

Sorry - whining - I am blessed this I know- and eventually I will dig out- because I can.
just in the moment stressful.

eating was really good- one meal- meals balls and Rao and done! Oh and a glass of wine or going to have 2. And call it a day- much deserved.

Feel funny with no car. Oh well- going to hit up some Netflix before they repo my TV......... HAHAHAHAHAH
--------------------------------

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Jun-15-18 at 16:49.
  #2156   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-18, 19:43

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all

Fairly quick one from me- Need to get DS16 up in a couple of minutes for his follow up appointment for his wisdom teeth.

Blue- You wrote: " Make a mistake that hinders your reputation and it takes a very long time to set it straight. Trust is both heavy with possibilities, and as light and easy to blow away as a dead dandelion." I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. I will be using this when DH and I talk to him tonight and give him back access to his phone. He will have it for a week before he leaves it here and heads to camp. Thank you for your comments and insight on this.

I will most definitely bring you along on my trips!

Like Jaz, I totally see your name as fitting for your calm demeanor and soothing presence. I actually see you in my head as a feeling first, then your face. Does that make any sense? I don't associate Blue=sadness at all.

Yay for those finds that are delicious and help you stay on track. Very good!

Jaz- Yes, check out that mower. It is wonderful and IMO not expensive. I just had it sent to my house too. I think the shipping was free.

••••••••••

Okay restarting because I never managed to get this sent this morning. I called the DR to schedule DS16's well check with his GP and they could take him at 11 AM -- ONLY-- before he leaves for camp. So I had to call and reschedule his wisdom teeth appt for next Tuesday then hit the door for his appointment bc it is 30 minutes away. Whew!

He checked out fine- six foot one and a quarter. 153 pounds. Strong and healthy.

Came home, dropped him off, ate my one meal of the day (as it turns out) and got a couple of errands done, then came home and mowed the lawn and took a bath. And now here I am!

Jaz- Sucks about your car!! What is it that it needed a special foreign cars shop, like a Volvo or bmw or Mercedes or Volkswagen? (zoomzoom!) Anyway, I am sorry to hear it. It feels so rotten when things like that happen one after the other. I'm sorry.

Is it possible to not cancel but reschedule your trip, possibly?

Trig- I like the idea of the vodka in Crystal Light or something similar. Yum! Especially if you can make it frosty!

36 waist on the hubs is pretty slim and trim! Depending on height 38 could be more of an issue. Sorry to hear about his brother.

Lori- Hope you can get your golf in!

In other news, DS got his phone back tonight and we are letting him have a friend over tomorrow so he is in heaven. This after quite a bit of talking and rule-reminding.

Our pool pumps/ Polaris aren't getting along. It has been a lot of money this season for us, and now almost a month and no one has been able to use the pool yet. DH is fit to be tied.
  #2157   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-18, 03:19

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz so sorry about the car. They can be a royal pain and money pit to the max. I had an Oldsmobile way back and when things started going, wow, it was 400, 500 in it ALL the time it seemed. I finally traded but it can add up very fast on ya. New home, hemoraging money always the way LOL You will be ok...just a bit to pay it off as usual, money makes the world go round, just wish we had more in our pocket at times LOL

No lush HAHA but close to it. Wow in near 100 deg. heat in the pool I had a few drinks and I was swimmy headed and had to crash around 2 to the bed. Noteto self, can't do what I used to do with drinks LOL But I had a blast lollygagging around the house in a daze tho HAHA

Nicco sorry the pool isn't running yet. When it rains it pours on fixes for big ticket items. Happy to read things are running smoothly tho for you mostly!

Hey all
nothing doing but rv packing today
have to hit grocery for a few items to pack, fast trip and back
swim today, goof off loading rv, getting things settled to hit the road early and fast tomorrow morning.

I will get crystal light from the store, I now got a pint of vodka to use up so will experiment with that over the trip.

I go off grid mostly I bring my laptop to check my bank statements and such but won't log in to anything else. I like to un-connect when on my trips. Plus I am up early and in bed by like 9. Yea in my home I am up to like 12-1-2 in the morning, on trips I hit the bed around 9 cause we are SO active and never stop and I get so tired and I love that about our rv trips. I do so much and enjoy so much that around 9-10 I can't keep my eyes open LOL Like I live a whole different life on my trips

ok nothing much, it is early. 5am. up and raring to do something. So quiet tho with everyone asleep, that when one does wake it irks me cause tv will come on and oh I hate that first tv sound of the day, I love a quiet morning in the house.

Nice Tbones for the grill tonight! Yum
great day all
  #2158   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-18, 04:32

BF:

Good Morning!

Sounds like you are itching to get the vacation started Trig....I know I would be too!! I hope you have a fabulous time with sunny weather. Safe travels!

Oh Jaz.....I'm so sorry about your car troubles. One thing after another! After this it should be like a new car, right? Have you ever heard the woman's saying "If it has tires or testicles it's gonna give you trouble"

So you have a quiet weekend at home with no wheels. I hope you can enjoy some well deserved down time.

Nic....I bet DH is having fits with the pool not being ready to use. There's another thing that can drain the money out of your wallet.....a pool. They are fabulous when all is working well, but can be a nightmare when something is wrong. Hope things resolve quickly as there is some hot, humid weather on the way.

Blue....so the painting project begins Monday? Getting ready to have it done is the worst part. I'm sure you'll get a lot accomplished this weekend. I just heard on the weather channel that it is VERY hot in MN....I guess that's the hazy, hot and humid weather that is heading our way starting tomorrow.

KMom...I know you're busy with your family. Hope everything is going well.

I put my head down and got a lot done yesterday morning. Scrubbed all the front porch furniture and the porch itself, washed a bunch of windows upstairs and down and did some laundry. Whew! I told DH that I earned my keep yesterday!

I'm off to the golf course for an early tee time this morning. My partner for the tournament is one of the girls that I play with every week. She can be a pip, but I'm determined to just have a good time. We don't have any hope of winning as we are playing against 2 gals who play quite well. One of them plays year round as she goes to FL every Winter. In other words, we will get our a$$es handed to us. Oh well....it's a beautiful day.

Hugs to you all!
  #2159   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-18, 16:28

BF:

Good afternoon ladies!

TRIG_ SAFE TRAVELS my friend! I just wanted to do a quick check in before you left!!!! Hope you have a really great time and get the rest you want! no treats- stay the course- WARRIOR strong! When you get back we (me and you) are going to tighten up that KETO / ZERO/ WARRIOR ready - something you and I share. No tolerance for carbs- just NO.

Enjoy your time!!!! Full report !

NIC- the boy got privileges back. Then to summer camp. I don't need to know what the issue was. I am just really proud of you to give love and tough love.
So you will be a house with our kids for a few weeks....... any plans? WINK WINK WINK?????

Blue- how are you my dear? Hoping you at least check in!!!- how are things going?

Lori- ! How was your game today?????? Do you wear cute little outfits? I know you are all about the sport?
------------------------------------
Just a quickie- today-
I am writing this from my mother home. She really wanted me to come over for dinner and movie night and then father day for her husband..

So I bought her husband a few gifts he wanted and bought him his favorite brandy. No he is not my dad by any long short. We tolerate each other. They have been together for about 25 years. Half my life. And to give him props, when push comes to shove he was there for me. So - movie night- then home tomorrow after lunch/ dinner. We are grilling steaks- and very LC for me. They are eating potatoes- I pass- and rest good. Made deviled eggs for my side dish!!!no cheats.

Ok- check in tomorrow. I feel in a way we should never lose the reason we came here- accountability and wanting to do better.
I know we are now friends- but we still need to hold each other to the grind- just saying. Lets not get lazy with posting and wanting the best for ourself -and each other!

Not preaching here- but I feel a lax- I want to nip in the bud! - my two cents for what it is worth

Have a great weekend. What are you all doing?
  #2160   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-18, 17:29

BF:

Surprise, surprise.....my partner & I are in the lead in the golf match! We will continue tomorrow to see if we can hold on to the lead or even get more of a lead. We played quite well.....not our normal crap games!

Jaz...you asked what I wear to golf....today I wore a skort and a sleeveless top. Tomorrow will be my normal Bermuda length shorts and a sleeveless shirt as it's going to be WAY hot. Glad we tee off early.

Today DH went to our daughter's and watched DGS8 play some baseball. When they got back to her house, he planted some flowers for her and spruced up her yard a bit. Tomorrow our DS & DGS14 are taking DH out for breakfast and then they'll take the boat out and do some fishing on the river.

Have a nice Sunday everyone!
Closed Thread