Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2131   ^
Old Sun, Jun-10-18, 17:14

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Jaz---Boy, that mowing you did sounds like quite the lawn disaster. When I get hot and sweaty I lose all my patience and bad things happen.

Have a fun Netflix suggestion for you, if you haven't already watched it. "The girlfriends guide to Divorce." Fun, totally undemanding, glaze, daze and giggle.

Big congrats on your A. Bravo!

Trigger---Picturing you on your fab pool seat float under your beautiful Carolina blue sky. Know you are happy as a clam, and you've sure waited long enough for it!

Lori---Yeah, well of course you love kitty to the max, which is a good thing for her, because she's been waking you up for as long as I've known you, before even a rooster crows. And like Jaz, that would test my love. A lot. But the silver lining is, you sure get a lot done when you get up that early. Hubby is a duper early riser, and really goes to town on his to do list, and often has much of it done by the time I lumber out of bed.

Nic---The m-m-m-m-mom song was Hi-larious. Who needs a little bell when you have that to call you up the stairs He obviously loves music and playing with sounds, and is very creative. That's going to serve him very well, somewhere somehow in his future, so no worries. Ha. Who am I kidding? Moms worry.

I too thought those pix of you were SO pretty. You have a beautiful smile. And I agree w/Jaz, I loved your outfit.

To answer to an earlier post, imo, nothing wrong with a well cut suit jacket and a nice sleek pair of slacks---although suit jackets are too restrictive for me and I never wear them. When I hear "pantsuit" I think more of what they used to call leisure suits for me, and like I said, dull dusty matchy matchy colors on women and usually not cut to flatter.

To all on the fashion thing---

I'm the girl who loved to dress up when I was little, loved to crawl up on my mother's dressing table chair. Lord, her dressing table was a thing of beauty. Trays of crystal perfume bottles, and her favorite rings and pearls. Another tray for her lipsticks. And a beautiful big antique mirror where she slid her favorite quotes typed up on little cards into the frame. I used to love to read them, and remember most of them to this day.

Anywho, never grew out of any of that. I love pretties, and I love putting on something I feel great in. I love the way I can suit my mood w/what I choose to wear, like being an actress who one day is this, the next day that. Can't say I have any particular look, just whatever suits my fancy on that day or in that time period. Yep, Still "dressing up."

Jaz---I know we're probably most alike in this here. You and I could probably bore others chatting about it. That's like one of best pals here, another girly girl and boy do we like to chat about our fashion finds!

Lori---I get a sense that you love fun clothes, like to surprise yourself a bit.

Trigger---I really like The Buckle too! Have ordered a few things I love from them, and though not a mall person in general, always stop in when I'm there. But yeah, who Nellie, their clothes are for skinny much smaller girls than me, but I've found a couple gems there. I have a belt from there I've literally worn out.

Nic---You seem to have a very casual, clean and sporty aesthetic, and most important comfortable. The older I get the more comfort has become absolutely necessary for me too. I watch some of these young girls constantly tugging their skirts down to make sure their fanny isn't hanging out, and tugging their tops up to make sure their girls aren't hanging out. Or wearing 4 inch heels/platforms...and at those moments I don't envy them their youth.

In any case, fashion for me is always an adventure, an easy "hit", a confidence upper, except for when I was 45 pounds heavier. I hated that---buying to cover myself, not what I love.

I DO balance out my girly girl side by being perfectly capable of slobbing around the house in yoga pants and my dad's old T-shirt, hair askew, face scrubbed of make up. I have been known to do this for a couple days in a row if I have no where to go. I enjoy the contrast. LOL, my son watched me go from that to gussied up to go out the other night and he said, "Yeah, like they say mom, you clean up well."

Totally lazy day today. Have been a bit off the chain on my woe, during this stay-cation, and my tummy really let me know it today. Plus sinus headache. Laying so low I almost had to check under the sofa for me.
Sponsored Links
  #2132   ^
Old Sun, Jun-10-18, 19:44

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Blue- Sorry you are feeling the yucks! So my "dress up stories" started as a little girl too. Only I would go to my grandmother who had a dress up box for me. This dress up box though were things she had in the 20's- that would be 1020'- and 30's. the days where ladies had hats, white gloves, pocketbooks (purses), and hankies. I also had a wide variety of costume jewelry which today would be worth a mint. She even through stuff in HER mother had. Hat boxes galore. They loved fancy hats and gloves. Every lady back then wore gloves. They all carried beautiful hankies and scarves. What a time period that was. She too had brass "powder boxes, and glass perfume bottle with "dippers" on the end.
She also had jewelry omg did she have the jewelry. Trinket boxes- and a Button collection. Most buttons back then were glass and hand made. They were works of art! I wish had that button collection. I was a princess omg- she had feathers too.

I told you I am sure that when she married my grandfather she was the only one to wear. BLACK lace wedding dress. He mother was horrified. But she did it anyway. She was married back in the days of MOURNING. remember the black mourning jewelry? So it was during a period that extended from the Black Plague. It was undignified to were sparkles when so many people were stricken. So all the jerwery for a time was black in remembrance. It's quite an interesting story. I also had MY GOODNESS those Whitening Purses- from the day of flappers. You know the ones with the silver tops and and the pictures made of glass beads. Those are worth alot now too and very rare. My oh my! You sparked that- days of dress up memory. I too have never lost my want of the pretty , shiny, and sparkles.

IT"S DONE- we book a 3 bed, 3 bath condo with screened porch, pool, 2 blocks from the beach, pet friendly and only 50 bucks over budget. I think that for short short notice we did well. It is large to give us space.
I got my pool- he gets his beach and extra bathroom he wanted. I wanted beach too- but I was more ok with a small drive. He wanted it walkable. So we both win. And it is is the heart of the shops and places to go.
It has been a minute since I have been to St. Simon so it will be fun. We will be there over 4th of July- so there will be fireworks over the ocean and from the beach- that will be a first for me!
We will drive back then on the 5th and he will go on to see his sister and I will relax. My mom said something about coming over after I get back. That is TBD.

Ok- totally good. Made little meatloaves for the week, chicken and- some green beans. All good.
  #2133   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-18, 02:52

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Yes....it's early....again! Truly, I can't blame my recent early days on Miss Kitty. For some reason, I get awake anywhere between 3 and 4 and am simply ready to get up. She doesn't usually start prancing around until she senses that I am awake. Not sure why I'm waking SO early these days. Tonight starts another 3 night stretch of work....my early mornings may catch up with me.

Jaz & Blue, I enjoyed reading about your childhood memories of dressing up. I remember doing that a bit too. Jaz...you talking about the buttons reminded me of a button collection that I had passed down to me by my Mother. As you said, works of art.

WOW Jaz! I can't believe you found such an awesome place for 4th of July so close to the date! Sounds perfect for you and DS. I have never been to St Simons, but sounds like a little slice of heaven.

Blue...I am the queen of no make-up, sweat pants & tee shirts at home. I am so content at home that I can go several days and never poke my head out the door. I do like to get gussied up once in a while too. Sometimes I wish I could just go out in the world with a clean face without bothering with make up, but being blonde, my eyelashes are non-existent without mascara etc. Sometimes I do venture out sans make-up, but always pray I don't see anyone I know! You girls will see me in all my glory early in the morning in Charleston.......OY!

Nic...I echo the others comments on your pictures. I think you are adorable and looked awesome in the shower pics. I know the wedding dress shopping is not your thing, but you will look great!

Trig....your pool chair sounds perfect! Hope you had a great day yesterday. We had rain ALL day. So dreary and gray. Some times the rain was quite heavy and steady. Flash flooding in some parts of the state. All good here.

KMom...hope you are doing well. How was the trip to DC?

Not much happening here this morning. Just a bit of a workout and then getting ready for work about 2:30.

Monday again.....why do the weekends go so quickly??
  #2134   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-18, 03:42

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco I remember in Jersey when the spray skeeter trucks would hit the neighborhood...heck us kids would run behind the fogging truck! omg when I get whatever disease down the road when older I know where it came from HAHA They long since stopped the skeeter fog trucks!

Glad DS is doing well, he will heal up fast and be chewing good food soon

Jazz, hard boos, vs. hard booze... , too funny. Yea I am the same, hard taste doesn't suit me either. I will hunt for that vodka soon. Let ya know. Happy you got your resort scheduled!!

Blue sorry on the sinus troubles. I live with that Tylenol Severe Sinus is a good product. I take 2 'when I feel it coming' and if ya catch it a bit early they keep ya from going down too bad with sinus pressure etc. Key for me on sinus is stay ahead of it

Ahhh, you like Buckle also and you find their stuff so small also...aggrevating isn't it? I love so much there and would buy alot of things in that store and yet I can't. Well it is what it is I guess lol

Lori, I am super earlyb waker also. You beat me tho cause the 3-4 am range is my best sleep time but I go to bed around 12-1-2 in the morning, sleep great straight thru til around 5-5:30 and boom. I rarely ever sleep past 5:30 am, it is the farmer in me We always got up around 4-5 for getting crops ready for the market so it is in me to do that. I doubt it will change much.

hey all
yesterday swam most of the day, got Pork Chop into the pool and that is rare cause he is not a huge swimmer but water was warm and nice.

didn't eat out yesterday which was nice BUT kiddo wants out tonight for Red Lobster, yuk. What a yukky restaurant but I will give into her on this one, she hasn't been there so one time for her to try it. Going out tonight then hitting the mall next to it for an hr or 2 and walk around. Just a 'get out of the house' a few hrs type thing. If it was me we wouldn't be doing any of it HAHA

nothing much on the to do list cause I don't want there to be much on it

great day all
  #2135   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-18, 04:43

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig- HAHAHAHAH- Hard Boo's- hahahahah. I swear I need to write these down.
You and the Pork Chop in the pool together - how cozy!!!! Ya know Red Lobster may not be SOOOOOOO bad. Just steer clear of the rolls I heard they are good. I think your kiddo might actually LIKE it. I liked it once! Not it taste like a salt factory to me. But most places over salt and put junk in the food. I almost ALWAYS bloat if I eat out due to salt!
I prefer to eat SIMPLE- it's key for me.

Lori
- I always wear make up even at home. You all will NOT see me in "all my glory"- no ma'am!!!! I will not grace the door until I am "ready"!!!! HAHAHAHAH. Now I might be in yoga pants, and a sweat shirt. But the hair and make up and lipstick will be present.
We will have a great time.

Speaking of vacay- So I actually am really happy that the DS and I are going to st. Simon. Google it if you have never been. It is beautiful. Tons of moss drape trees and a beach feel. Best of both worlds. Plus my Charleston gig in Sept got cancelled. So I will wait for that with you all! So all in all it worked out!

I am not to disappointed because I am having to pay off still some big bills. I have done some shopping in the last 6 months. from a house, to landscaping, a door, car repair, it just keeps adding up. I wanted to get ahead of the ball. Going to St. Simon was over budget, however not going to Charleston in Sept. It will even out. So it's all good. I will be caught up by Oct. if not before.

So it's just $$$$ right? I just hate having ANYTHING on a CC. But it's there for emergencies, which is what I use them for. My car bill was over 3200. Ouch!!! But I wanted it done. And the AC went out on the car, that is a must! Oh well over that.......
I am blessed!

So BLUE- is your son back home now? I am assuming you two had a great visit!!! Did you stay home the entire time?
I know you had a great time! Any highlights?
What does this week look like for you?

Trig- I know you are calendar watching! Let me know how you like Red Lobster- stay away from hush puppies. I think they are gross. Fried bread????? WHO came up with that???? Seriously. Do you ever wonder how we came up with stuff? Fried BREAD???? YUCK- Get Lobster, with a side of Crab legs!

So does your floaty have that SEAT in it. I need to find mine or get a new one. I love that floaty. totally worth it. I will be hitting the pool and my son will hit the beach! I do both- but prefer the pool if I am getting into the water. I don't like water I can't "see through"- freaks me out! I do however walk the shore line!

Lori- So I am wondering if you are ...... ummmmm......a... "menopause time? I know that we women hit that wall of no sleep when our hormones are outta wack. I wasn't sleeping either until my hysterectomy and a happy dose of estrogen!!!!
Just something to think about. I don't think you have ever talk about "girl" stuff. I however have written about it at length!!! HAHAHA.

Can you ask your manager to not schedule you in the evening? That would also solve your evening hungrier! I also wonder if it has something to do with you getting up too! Your rhythm is "off".

Nic- Well, a trip to St. Simon would be a quick trip DOWN the coast for you! I always have wanted to take a trip UP the coast and stop in Maine! That is on my bucket list. But I would need more than a week and I would want an RV. That is alot of travel time! But it would be really cool. I would stop in of course the outer banks- then up to DC, then NY, then of course the Hamptons, and finish off in Maine for lobster! What a fun trip that would be.
------------------------------------------
Wow my post has been all over the place!!!! Tons of leftovers as I did my cooking yesterday. All LC!

I am not real excited about going to work today. But Mondays usually are that bad because the powers at be- the upper leadership has their meeting Mondays. So we are pretty much left alone.

I am going to start taking my deserved lunches. I HAD been working through them. No more- I am taking my walking shoes. If it is too hot- I will hit up the stores beside the office to just browse. But I think getting up and walking will improve my attitude. At least it will help.

Ok- gotta run!

I think the news is VERY interesting. I know we are all polite here and keep our thoughts outta the post. But I will say this- I am very interested to see how this historic meeting plays out.

Have a great day!
  #2136   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-18, 05:06

BF:

Jaz...to answer your question, yes I am post-menopausal. I went thru early menopause in my early 40's. I did have the sleep thing years ago, but it seems to be back again! Oh well...if that's the worst that happens to me, I'll be lucky!
  #2137   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-18, 07:24

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- Super happy for you that you and DS have found a place that checks all the boxes. Fifty dollars over is not bad at all! I want to go there some time. It sounds beautiful!

Well done on your A for school!

Red Lobster DOES have the most amazing garlic cheese biscuits ever. They are buttery and salty and honestly so delicious. So yeah, IMO the best thing to eat there. But I know Trigger will steer clear!

Trig- Glad you got your pool time in! Ours is still quite cool- I haven't checked but I am guessing in the low 70s. These gray days that have been topping out in the upper 70s have not done much to warm it up.

Lori et al- It is funny to read about how we all are with makeup or clothes or dressing up etc. My DD is the perfect combo. When she was young she went through a phase of wearing skirts/dresses and Mary Jane shoes EVERY DAY. I was like OMG who is this child?! Now she is sort of the perfect blend of dressing down and dressing up/ make up some days and some days not.

I hope work goes well for you!

Blue- yep I think you described my clothing style pretty accurately. Comfort Queen! I am sitting here in my sweat pants and sweat shirt happy as a clam.
I hope your tummy settles and your sinus headache vanishes. I was indulgent this weekend and felt crummy last night also so I get it.

••••••••••••••

Man, I am plum tired out. Three nights of getting up to administer meds, plus having trouble getting back to sleep etc have made me a tired girl! This morning I had an alarm set for 2 AM and I was awake on either side of it. DS16 is coming along fine in his recovery as far as I can tell, but he still needs that 800 mg Ibuprofen every 6 hours at night and 5-6 hours during the day. Probably pretty normal for this point post-op and he is off the heavy hitter, which is good. Still, that is a fat dose of ibuprofen and I will be happy to cut that back.

Not too much going on- still sort of homebound with the guy. I did get out to lunch with DH and DD and Fi yesterday for an hour and a half and that was nice. DD and I have narrowed it down to one dress, and I have five more coming from Lord and Taylor to try on, and then a final decision will be made. I am fine with the one that we have chosen though.

Not too much else to report really. Working on trip planning with the Canada trip and I am super excited about that. Love to travel with DS19 so much. I need to eyeball what I want to do in Chicago. I did a lot the last time I was there several years back with DS16, but I'm sure there are new things to add in. After all, it is Chicago! I also need to send back the dresses I am not going to use, arrange dog care, reserve hotel rooms for the wedding and some other loose ends. Plus laundry.
  #2138   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-18, 16:23

BF:

NIC- When is your Canada Trip? How much fun is that? I take it you are driving as you are buzzing through Chicago. I have not been there. I heard it is a great place to play through!

You must post "THE DRESS"-
Glad the Ds is recovering!!!

Lori- You MIGHT want to see a gyn doctor- you might need a little estrogen help. Not sure your situation but dang something has to give with your sleep!!!!!
Hope you had a great day!!!!

Trig- Curious to hear how your dinner/ mall walking goes! you favorite activity!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL
Raining here and there anyway!

Waiting on Blue- hope you are having a awesome day.-----------------------------------------
So I am on my way home through blinding sideways rain. Pulled out my mini turkey loaf and green beans. Sitting here thinking- WHAT IS WRONG???? - oh- yea..... believe it or not my DS and I share dinner together too. As 2 single people eating alone he calls me as we both eat at the same time and we "eat together"- talk about our day. just share our day- ya I would say he is a momma boy- he would just say he is bored- but never misses. He needs a girl!!!!!
Anyway I forgot he left for LA work trip and busy........ Anyway I missed it.
We both need mates!!!!! -

Today felt good- got alot done at work. Not that anyone noticed- but I did. Due to so HIPPA issue I will not share - except to say, other divisions are noticing I am willing to help. That is all I can go into . But it was noticed. I put together a little band of us in my team that will help another team.
I have been going back and forth - and including my higher up, my boss last on list. Just to keep them in the loop.
It could be life changing for a member.

I put my boss last- as she failed to get my name right when she sent out a memo Sunday and got my name wrong- and the person who got it sent it to me with the mesg- I think this was for you - and CC her. - I just sent her a - she never responded. What a loser- ya know I am really sorry to even suck up time on that bitch.

So kicking up relaxing tonight. I NEED to incorporate the NS's NIC uses. I think really I would break my stall if I would just stop at one plate and not think it was my very last dinner. But the thing is- I am not RAVENOUS when I start dinner. But the taste of whatever gets there then I am already planning seconds BEFORE I am even done-!!!! Crazy. I am not hungry either!!!! Pleasantly full.
More work in that area. In process!

My friend- employee lost her beloved soulmate pup of 15-17 years last night. I heard her crying all day. Offered her to go home. She said that was the last place she wanted to be. Made me sad to see her so sad. I would be the same way! Gave my Bella an extra squeeze the I got home. She is curled up against my leg - sprawled out like she owns the place. God I would be a basket case.
Some of us are serious dog lovers.

Ok- going to skim the internet- put away my dishes. Can't rest with a dirty kitchen- yes I am that person.

Have a good one
  #2139   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-18, 18:18

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi!
Quick check-in from my phone. Back from DC, tons of family here for a wedding, and now sister and BIL here for a week or two.

Will check in when I can.
  #2140   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-18, 04:32

BF:

Good Morning!

KMom....glad you stopped by. Sounds like you are one busy lady! Enjoy the family time.

Jaz.....ah yes, the continuing saga of your boss. What a mess she is. I'm glad you had a good day in spite of her.....you do you and all will be well.

I hear you on the having seconds and eating too much. That is me to a T. I am such a volume eater. I'm not surprised that you are starving when dinner time comes as you fast a big part of the day, right? I just can't get back on track with the fasting. My window gets all messed up with my work schedule. I did well with it last summer before I started the part-time gig. I'm just doing the best I can at this point.

Nic...your Canada trip sounds fun! Is it just you and DS? I have never been to Chicago, except to the airport. I try to avoid O'Hare when I can.....flights always seem to be delayed there. Where will you be going in Canada? Is it a long trip?

I have to be in to work a bit earlier today...2:45 - 10. I want to go to the gym, go for a run and stop at the grocery store. Gotta get moving!

The sun is shining brightly....a beautiful day!
  #2141   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-18, 04:34

BF:

NIC- How is the the patient? Ummmm- just a thought- you put his pill at bedside and he take it at 2? Just a thought? I hope you slept at any rate last night!

5 more dresses coming huh? I must be the ONLY one to go and actually try on clothes. I can't with this body just order off line. When I was at my best however I could. I WAS a solid size 6. So I do get it. Sighhhhhhh lucky you.

Hope you get some R&R in!

Welcome back KMOM!!

Don't have much to add - same party different day! Totally on plan. I am on summer break now for 4 weeks! I know it will FLY by!!!! I will be knee deep in it again.

Just feeling good and going about my business. I need to stop and get some flowers for a gal I work with that lost her beloved pup of 16 years. I feel bad for her. She has never married or have any kids. She is one of those people that is truly alone. She doesn't have many friends, she has that syndrome where people don't leave the house. (except work).

Boy I could be that too! I love to be home!

I was listening again to You tube before bed- It is so motivating. I watch so little "real" TV. It's either Netflix or HGTV. I am addicted to that show Island life! Anyone seen it? Day time TV- No wonder I work- nothing on!

Ok- gotta run- hot, and humid today- TRIG should be happy as a clam!
  #2142   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-18, 06:52

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, glad DS is moving forward good no time he should be up and running. Canada sounds nice. Only been once, so many MOOSE crossing signs on the roads where I went skiing LOL never saw a darn one tho

Jaz we got the storm. Crazy bad rain last night! Today is nasty but no big Tstorms, moving out now but not a good day at all. boo!!

What is your home work schedule and you have to go into the office schedule? just wondering on it

Lori your day sounds jam packed!! I bet my bad weather is gonna fly up to PA and get ya soon sorry

KM

Blue

ugh weather nasty
no swim, no sun, no nothing but feeling draggy kinda day
blah

not sure what doing

defrosting chicken thighs for tonight

probably tuna today for brunch time

blah on foods also right now which is a good thing, I eat less

off to get things moving, kinda want to do something, but NOT clean something or do boring stuff, hmm, I will see what trouble I can get into today

great day all
  #2143   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-18, 07:17

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- Wow, you and your DS are really close! I love my kids and am close to them but we do not have a relationship like that, definitely. You guys are both talkers!

So sorry about your coworker who lost her dog. That is especially hard in her case.

I wouldn't trust DS to take his pills at 2 AM. He is just too groggy. I can tell he isn't even awake when I go in there. He would have no recollection of his alarm going off, whether or not he took them etc. I think we are getting close to possibly skipping the nighttime dose. I did sleep well last night so that helps.

I can't imagine being a size 6 in a dress. I am so far from that it is not even funny. Heck, my DD23 is quite thin and she is not a six! I would have to be in the low 120s to even 1-teens to be a six, and I would look gaunt. Plus with my wide back and shoulders I don't know if I could actually be a six ever.

KMom- you are drowning in people! I'd say you have my sympathies but I think you love it.

Lori- Sounds like a good day today but a long day at work. You will have a very full day if you do all that other stuff first!

Trig- Sorry you don't have a pretty day today. We actually finally have some sun and no rain. Maybe we have today what you had yesterday?

My upcoming trips:

Latter part of June- a few days in Chicago, joining DH for a conference. He works, I play, do my enforced socializing when necessary. We fly into Midway so it's not a big deal. I have to take DS16 to camp first so Dh will already be there.

Mid July- NYC for a couple of nights for Dh's 50th birthday.

First week of August- Canada trip with DS19 to Montreal and Quebec. I get to see if I remember any French!

MoW this morning and then we'll see what the afternoon brings. Just taking it easy this week while DS heals. I did finally close my rings yesterday for the first time since last Thursday.
  #2144   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-18, 10:03

BF:

Back again!

Feeling quite accomplished as I went out for a little 1.5 mile run, went to the gym and did my planned workout, stopped at the grocery store, came home and showered and finally took time to eat at 11. I made the most yummy omelet with Swiss cheese, guac & fresh salsa...OMG....either I was really hungry or it was the best thing ever!

Nic...your summer plans sound fun! Before you know it, it will be wedding time. Like you, I could never imagine being a size 6. I truly believe I could be nothing but a skeleton and still would not fit in a size 6!

Trig...sorry your weather is crap today. Hope tomorrow is a better one. We have a beautiful day here. Bright blue skies and sunshine.

Jaz...how sweet of you to get flowers for your co-worker. I hope she can adopt another dog soon to help fill the void. I know you can never replace the other, but sounds like she really needs the companionship.

Blue...hope all is well with you. Has your son gone home? I know you had a lovely time with him.

I have a couple hours to just do whatever before heading to work. One of the other girls sent me a text asking me to switch with her, so I have off tomorrow and will work Thursday instead. Works for me!

Later!
  #2145   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-18, 17:17

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Quick jump in. Today is son's last day, he leaves tomorrow AM. Will be sad to see him go, but gotta say, we have gone a bit past the expiration date on "Room Mate." He needs to get back to his life, and we to ours. But we sure have had some fun. Too much fun off the woe. Will address starting tomorrow.

Also Hubby's B'day, so I'm off to dinner on our back porch with just the three of us. Lovely. Back tomorrow and will catch up w/y'all.
Closed Thread