Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Jan-27-10, 08:01

Plan: CAD/Calp
Stats: 156/150/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi Theresa!!!! Welcome- and please post lots and tell us all about you!

Well, I have tried this diet in the past. I have been searching the internet for online support and am disappointed in the lack of interest. From what I gather, it's been about ten years since there was a push for this diet.

I've been on it two days and already my blood sugar reading are normal.

I've always used WW's, until I got diabetes. So I have been searching for a diet to help my health.

I don't have the book anymore, I must have thrown it away, but I do remember most of what I read. This board is great also.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Jan-27-10, 10:53
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi again-
that is awesome about your FBS!!! This is a great plan.

You might want to go onto amazon and get a cheap used copy of the book, or at leat get one from the library. My favorite is CALP, and I think CAHHP is good. too. Other people like CAD, or HFL. They are all under the Hellers.

again- congrats. Please come over and post on the Hour Power too-
E
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Jan-27-10, 12:46

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 170/163/120 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 14%

I am CAD like, I am still trying to get the hang of it and not go crazy with the reward meal. I think it is a better lifelong plan than other diets... but still not an easy fix.
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Feb-01-10, 20:13

Plan: CAD/Calp
Stats: 156/150/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi again-
that is awesome about your FBS!!! This is a great plan.. Other people like CAD, or HFL. They are all under the Hellers. Please come over and post on the Hour Power too-
E

Can you tell me what HFL is provide a link to Hour power?

Thank you
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Feb-01-10, 21:38

Plan: Atkins/Cad
Stats: 241/217.8/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hello everyone

Can anyone tell me what the average weight loss rate is? I ask because I started my diet 4 weeks ago and I have lost approx 10/11 lbs....I'm torn between that being a good thing since I have been satisfied and then thinking it's not fast enough. I am not stressing and figure it is what it is but was just wondering what everyone else is experiencing.

Any information is appreciated
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-10, 18:30

Plan: Carbohydrate Addict's
Stats: 168/165/130 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:

It's my first week back on CAD and now down 6 lbs. on day 7. I must say I have never found CAD confusing. There was one day when I basically binged on the RM but still lost .2 lbs. The most lost was 2lbs from one day to the next. I am staying on plan D till my goal weight and then will prob. do the 3 meals a day and just adjust as needed.

Last edited by Eatfit2 : Tue, Mar-02-10 at 18:39.
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-10, 10:39

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrs
Hello everyone

Can anyone tell me what the average weight loss rate is? I ask because I started my diet 4 weeks ago and I have lost approx 10/11 lbs....I'm torn between that being a good thing since I have been satisfied and then thinking it's not fast enough. I am not stressing and figure it is what it is but was just wondering what everyone else is experiencing.

Any information is appreciated

I will list my weight loss progress, but I did not step on a scale until two months after I began following the program. I know that I lost faster in the beginning because of the way my clothes began to fit and that is the only reason I stepped on a scale in the first place. My weight loss results will be different than others because I still include whatever I feel like eating in my program. I am not looking for a quick weight loss program since I was looking for a program that I can follow for the rest of my life. I am losing at a nice steady rate and I am happy with the way my body is tightening up instead of shedding the weight too fast and having the loose skin just hanging there.

I believe that every diet works as long as you can follow them. As soon as we return to the way we used to eat we can expect the weight to return. The worst part is that it may be more than when we began in the first place!

I hope you find the program that is right for you!

Weight Loss Results:
2008: 3.03-N/A, 4.01-N/A, 5.06-218, 5.27-213.25, 6.27-209, 7.22-205, 8.03-203, 9.03-200, 10.04-196, 11.03-194, 12.02-188
2009: 1.03-187.5, 2.02 & 3.02-183.5, 4.01-185, 5.02-182.5, 6.04-180.25, 7.01-176.5, 8.02-176, 9.02-173, 10.01-173.5, 11.04-175.25, 12.01-170
2010: 1.01-164, 2.07-165, 3.02-162
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-10, 11:38
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
I never saw the Feb 2010 posts here- oops!
HFL is Healthy for Life, one of the Heller books you can find online.

The Hour Power thread is the thread we post most often on- you don't need a link to it- just click on the CAD/CALP area and it will be ready for you to find.
HTH
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-10, 08:44

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 220/212/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

Count me in! It's my second time around. I first followed CAD / CALP for about 5 or 6 weeks last summer. I just restarted. I'm on Day 3.
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-10, 16:52

Plan: CAD
Stats: 284/284/180 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:
Talking New

I thought I'd join you all!! I have been reading online about food addictions because I am overcoming a binging disorder. With the help of God and a counselor I'm doing a lot better. I haven't binged in almost 3 weeks!! Anyhow, I found CAD in the process and looked more into it. I have ordered the book (I think the newest version) and it should be here Wednesday. I plan to start Thursday. It's nice to know that maybe I (will power) wasn't the problem this whole time and maybe it can be "fixed". Hope you all have a great day and I'll be back!
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-10, 14:38
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi Randi-
welcome!
One of the things I would really encourage you to do it PLAN your daily RM- and make it balances. Have your salad, then 1/3 each protein,veggie and carb.
come over and post lots when you get started-
E
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-10, 13:13

Plan: CAD
Stats: 284/284/180 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:

Thanks! I started today. I'm feeling hungry still after lunch but I'm just drinking water and reminding myself I can eat whatever my heart desires (in balance, of course) tonight. I do have a little headache. Is that normal? Maybe withdrawal or something?
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-10, 17:43
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi Randi-
I think lots of people feel a bit bad the first few days. On Atkins they call it "induction flu"- like detoxing.
feel better soon-
hope you had a really good RM-
E
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-10, 09:42
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 232/188/165 Female 5'8 in.
BF:
Progress: 66%

Hey, I'm here. I started CALP about 2 years ago & lost 50 pounds. I don't post as often, but still check back occasionally. What's really amazing to me is that the weight has mostly stayed off, even when I stopped strictly following the diet. This is IMO a big difference from diets like Atkins that have huge immediate weight loss followed by huge weight gain after going off the diet. This is truly the only diet that has worked for me & I can't recommend it enough. Now I still try to follow the general principles of balancing meals & managing insulin levels & it still works. My insulin levels went from pre-diabetic to normal on CALP. IMO this diet saved me from diabetes & I can't thank the Hellers enough.
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-10, 11:50
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi Aria!!!!!
Nice to hear from you! That is great that you are sugar NORMAL now- and that you are still following the general principals!
COme back and post and tell us more!
E