Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-11, 10:09

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 186/164/150 Female 67"
BF:
Progress:
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachykeen
Hi KLD65,

Yes, Schwarzbein does address the vegetarian approach in her first book and she also has a cookbook for vegetarians. Her major concern with vegetarian diets is that people generally don't watch what they eat closely enough and tend to go over board with the pasta, rice, bread, starchy stuff and don't get enough protein and fat. I definitely encourage you to check out her books, the first one is easier to absorb. You can check them out at most libraries or order online at Amazon.com.

I've only been on SP for one week and I already notice a difference in my energy level and sense of well being. I know I'm eating healthy and taking care of my body and that my weight will start to reflect that soon. Patience is the key word with Schwarzbein. It takes a long time to put on alot of weight so we can't expect it to fall off of us in two weeks (especially if we want to remain healthy and limit damage to the body).

Good luck!

Stick with it, you will see results in a year. It is a life style, not a quick weight lose program. And you feel great on this program (not diet). I, too, am a cat lover and have 7 beauties! Love your photos of yours.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Apr-30-11, 13:35

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPlover
Stick with it, you will see results in a year. It is a life style, not a quick weight lose program. And you feel great on this program (not diet). I, too, am a cat lover and have 7 beauties! Love your photos of yours.

Hi SPlover,

Nice to meet you!!! There isn't much traffic on here, I'm afraid, so it is VERY pleasant to meet another Schwarzbeiner!!!

amanda
  #33   ^
Old Thu, May-12-11, 08:19

Plan: Looking around...
Stats: 215/215/140 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandawald
Hi SPlover,

Nice to meet you!!! There isn't much traffic on here, I'm afraid, so it is VERY pleasant to meet another Schwarzbeiner!!!

amanda

Hi Amanda and SPlover, I'm a Schwarzbeiner too. Well, I'm a kind of newbie. I started SP a few months ago, did great on it for two weeks. I felt better than I had for years, more energy less depression etc. Anyway, then I booked a holiday and decided I had to go on a diet...(I know SP is a slow journey back to health and not a quick weight loss fix). Needless to say, the dieting wasn't a great idea, I've been eating junk again, and I need to get stuck back into SP.
As a newbie I've been lurking here but felt rather lonely - it's nice to see some others !
  #34   ^
Old Mon, May-16-11, 02:00

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonDépart
Hi Amanda and SPlover, I'm a Schwarzbeiner too. Well, I'm a kind of newbie. I started SP a few months ago, did great on it for two weeks. I felt better than I had for years, more energy less depression etc. Anyway, then I booked a holiday and decided I had to go on a diet...(I know SP is a slow journey back to health and not a quick weight loss fix). Needless to say, the dieting wasn't a great idea, I've been eating junk again, and I need to get stuck back into SP.
As a newbie I've been lurking here but felt rather lonely - it's nice to see some others !

Hi there!

Are you still lurking???

Sorry I didn't reply sooner...

Have you got back into SP again already?

amanda
  #35   ^
Old Wed, May-18-11, 07:11

Plan: Looking around...
Stats: 215/215/140 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Amanda, still lurking!
I've not got back into it yet - I'm going on holiday next week and that's kind of distracting me right now. I will start properly when I come back - I've taken the focus off weight loss so I know I'll be able to commit to it better now that I'm concentrating on health.
Of course, eventual weight loss would be nice - I do need to lose around 4st maybe more.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Oct-10-11, 19:57

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 275/273/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcollier
Since so many people are asking what SP is all about, I thought I'd start a thread that we can all collaborate on. It's impossible for me to go through all the posts so maybe we can all add some of the links that we think help explain what SP is all about. If anyone is unsure of how to add these links, PM me with the title of the thread (or specific post) and I will add them to this thread.
The most confusing part about SP is that she has 2 books which, in my opinion, are very different. The first book addresses Insulin Resistance whereas the second book addresses the triad of the major hormones, adrenaline, cortisol and insulin. Although my preference is SPII, some find it too technical and prefer the simplicity of SPI. However be forewarned that SPI doesn't give the whole picture.

SP is not a low carb program. It is a moderate carb, moderate fat and moderate protein diet. The key is balance.

The following links should give a pretty clear understanding of SP.
The Schwarzbein Principle Site - select the "email us" link at the bottom of her homepage to send questions. I find the shorter the question, the quicker the reply.
The Tests

SPI:
Low Carb Plans: The Schwarzbein Principle

SPI vs. SPII:
What Kind of Schwarzbein are you? I or II?
Book 1 and Book 2
On Saturated Fats - SPII

SPII:
SPII Programs
Insulin Resistant or Sensitive?
Basic Diet

Not SP, but related - Burned Out Adrenals (Adrenal Fatigue):
Adrenal Questionnaire
Home Tests for Adrenal Fatigue
Metabolic Scorecard
AdrenalFatigue.org

This is by no means a substitution for reading the book, but it's a start for people to understand what the plan is about.

Wanda

my adrenal test came back a 10