Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Vegetarian Low Carbers
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-06, 22:35

Plan: Control Carb-own program
Stats: 188/163/125 Female 5ft  3.5 inches
BF:?
Progress: 40%
Lightbulb Hi Everyone I'm Back

I've been MIA for quite some time.I'll bet most of you don't know who I am. I royally fell off the wagon. I cannot believe I allowed myself to gain everything back and then some more. I could tell I was in trouble when the mood swings and the insatiable craving for sugar started again. I'm also an avid runner and my weight gain has started effecting my desire to go to the gym and hit the treadmill. The last time I was faithful I fashioned my own lc diet. I count carbs minus fiber and stayed at about 35 carbs a day. I also made sure I ate a protein at every meal and rounded it out with veggies. I also made sure I got at least one serving of lc fruit every day. It was working then I got derailed. . So anyway I'm going to make it work this time. I'll let you know how I am doing. Judy

Last edited by Born2run : Wed, Apr-05-06 at 22:39. Reason: Wrong Title
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-06, 06:41
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Welcome back!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 19:44

I promise Scott, I won't block your driveway with my dead body(LOL). I couldn't anyway since I live in Washington. Seriously thanks for the welcome, I've been doing pretty good and have lost a few pounds and actually went out and ran 2 miles. I haven't had bacon for the worlds longest time since adapting vegetarian eating in 1982. Raised my 4 children vegetarian too. In fact my 10 grandchildren are vegetarian. How long have you been vegetarian? Are you lacto ovo, or vegan? We tend to be vegan I'm not sure I could even digest meat and dairy if I ate it. Hoping you are having a great day. Judy
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 06:18
Slothy Superhero

Hey Judy-

My name is not Scott. That is a quote from Scott Adams, the cartoonist who does Dilbert.

I am a ovo-lacto vegetarian and have been one about 11 years or so. I can never remember. Just be careful about the lack of vitamin B12 if you are not going to eat any dairy or eggs. A good multivitamin will help that.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 21:09

Lightbulb

My mistake, I didn't recognize that as a quote. It was just too good not to answer. No harm no foul. You are absolutely right about the B12. I found that out the hard way I started getting a tingling sensation in my hands when doing crafts. I started taking sublingual B12 and solved the problem. Sometimes our fellow vegetarians down play B12 but it is very important. Judy
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 21:49
Slothy Superhero

Oh I wasn't upset. I thought it was funny actually. It is a great quote, isn't it?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-06, 23:18

Yes actually it is, Since I reread what you wrote it is a quote that you have on the tail end of all your comments, so the mistake was mine. Judy