Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
It takes two!
Posted by Brunette03
Posted Fri, Jan-15-10
Female 66
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/144/130
BF:26%/23%/22%
Progress: 69%
Cool It takes two!

Hi everyone! I am so happy to be a part of this forum! Last year at this time my husband and I were married, January 24th, 2009. We were both at our heaviest weights EVER and decided we wouldn't let our married life be unhealthy. We both donned our low carb hats and started on the journey to weight loss. By July we had lost a combined total of 85lbs! Can you believe it!!! To top it off we've maintained that weight loss within 5lbs since then. I'm now on my second round of induction to lose that final 10lbs, but it's easier now that my body is used to this lifestyle. I went from being a size 14 to a size 6, and 175lbs to 140lbs. My husband went from a 36 tight waist to a 32, and 225 to 175lbs.

Our best advice is when low carbing, it has to be a lifestyle change within the household. If your spouse, friend, parent is willing to do it with you....you can achieve anything!

We've become the low carb guru's to our friends and family now and are in the process of developing a low carb based company. It has not only changed our lives, but our income outlook, and our creativity levels.

Happy Low Carbing!

Sabrina Jordan
(need some encouragement or tips? Friend me on Facebook!)
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

by krystalr on Fri, Jan-15-10, 09:35

Awesome! What an accomplishment!

My husband and I started doing low carb together back at the end of october (we're almost to the end of our 11th week). so far, we have lost a combined 97 lbs (I am down 45 and he is down 52). It has been wonderful doing this together, and he has told me so many times there is no way he could have done this if I weren't doing it with him.

It's great that we can do this together and be able to talk about our struggles and successes. It's really brought us even closer.

5 comments [read all comments]

Article tools