Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 17:09

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 145/120/125
BF:
Progress: 125%
Default I'm joining in

HI all, it's been almost 2 months since i was very active in the forums in general. this is my first post under maintenance - I am disappointed that this forum is not more used ... and I guess it's because, like me, once you reach your goal weight you feel like you don't need the support.

So, I guess this is to say, that I am at my goal - and I'm actually working to NOT lose any more weight. I will try to stay active in this forum .... and hope their is support out there.

So, my question to anyone who has been maintaining for awhile - how did you stop losing weight?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 04:32

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

Hi Sailfish,
I'm new at maintenance.... a little over a month now. My weight seems to be fluctuating 2 pounds under goal to 2 pounds over goal. I am eating about 35 to 40 daily for 3 days then do a high carb 60 to 70 day. Then back for 2 or 3 lower carb days. Seems to keep the weight about where it belongs but I'm thinking of dropping a couple more pounds so my high weight is my goal weight. Unfortunately, my high carb days have not been filled with good carbs.... usually a LC dessert or something. I agree with you... once you get to maintenance, there doesn't seem to be much support.
Ellie