Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#946   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-10, 08:10

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

315 this morning.
Yesterday was bittersweet. It was a going-away party for my youngest son, who is leaving to study in Wales for a year. Lots of good company and emotion. And cupcakes! Two of my kids are on a gluten-free diet and their stepmom brought amazing cupcakes that they could eat. I had two! I knew about them ahead though, so I kept the rest of my dinner to a hamburger pattie and salad. Yum...worth the sacrifice LOL
Sponsored Links
  #947   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-10, 21:04

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 209.7/194.1/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Ladies, you all are doing so well! Good for you! Me... on the other hand... I'm pathetic. I got off track in a BIG way... the biggest way since I started this most recent weight loss journey. UGGHHH!!! I actually gained some weight back this time. Yuck!

Anyway, now I'm planning (hoping) to get back on track tomorrow. The unfortunate thing is that I haven't had time to get prepared like I had hoped. So, hopefully I'll be able to make it work. I need to.

I think I'll get out some bacon tonight, so that I can fix it for breakfast. I have a hard time if I don't have stuff pre-prepared for breakfast. Just never have time to make it on the fly when I'm trying to get the kiddos breakfast and get our day started. Unfortunately, I didn't get anything made up this weekend. Hopefully my bacon plan will work.

Wish me luck!
  #948   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-10, 07:16
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 298/298/240 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi, Vel, I know how hard it is to see people leave, for school and for other reasons. We sure miss our family, when they go away from us. All my family lives in different states, in USA and since I lost my Husband, last Oct., it has been harder.
Debby, Good luck with getting back on track. You'll do it. It makes us feel bad, when we slip up, but we can only move forward, not look back. I always think of that saying, Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is a new day.
Anyway, hope you all have a nice day. Jane
  #949   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-10, 08:01

BF:

Debby, don't get discouraged, it doesn't matter what you did yesterday or for the last week, you can only do anything about this one day. That is what I tell myself when I get upset that I gained back 113 of the 115 lbs I lost last time on CAD.

Yesterday was a wonderful beach day, up at Sauble with my sister. I had 3 hardboiled eggs for breakfast before we left. Then I had some hard cheese and cucumber for a snack on the beach. Dinner was bbq'd steak, broccoli and cauliflower, corn, a few oven fries and ice cream. Yum!
Today is my sweeties birthday, so I will be taking him to his favourite dinner spot, Red Lobster. I already know what I'm going to have, since I have the same thing every time we go there
  #950   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-10, 09:26
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Vel-
so what do you have at Red Lobster???
It is MY sweetie's birthday on Thursday, but we are having the celebration on Wednesday so DS can be there. I'm making salmon- and DH has asked DS to make baked mac and cheese. (I don't like mac and cheese). I'll figure out the rest of the menu tomorrow when I shop.

Tonight we are having salad, coleslaw, chicken sandwiches, water. The guys will also have some other carb.

Tomorrow I'm taking a friend out. SHe does not drive, so I like to take her to run errands and eat. So I have no idea where we'll go- but I will have a say in it.

Debby- hope all goes well today.

E
  #951   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-10, 11:36

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 209.7/194.1/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Thanks, Ladies! You all are so sweet! Right now I'm really fighting the urge to just have whatever for lunch and to have some real sugar soda. Gotta hang in there, but I"m feeling weak!
  #952   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-10, 17:47

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMomTo4
Just never have time to make it on the fly when I'm trying to get the kiddos breakfast and get our day started. Unfortunately, I didn't get anything made up this weekend. Hopefully my bacon plan will work.
Wish me luck!

Hi,
A rotisserie chicken is great in a pinch. They last me a couple of days. Just pick them up fully cooked at the grocery store, along with the bags of salad and I use tuna in the package.. or you can get a Burger King Whopper and take the bread off and you have salad and meat!
  #953   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-10, 05:43
Registered Member

BF:

Good Morning. Hope you are all fine. The weather here is very hot. i have to do some shopping, to get some good meat, into the refrig. It's so important to have the stuff I enjoy on hand. i am not very mobile, due to loss of cartilage in my knees, which in turn, make a problems walking. I do get around, though, but not easily. More and more reason, for me to lose this weight. Take care, Jane
  #954   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-10, 04:05

BF:

Debby, I hope you made it through, but if you didn't...pick yourself up and start again. It's a new day, new month

I weighed 315.5 this morning, which I wasn't happy about, so I did my averaging, which I haven't done since I re-started. I have gone down every single week. The last three weeks my averages went from 317.8 to 316.2 to 314.7. Averaging really helps me see the big picture and I am going to do it more faithfully.

Red Lobster was good, as always. It sure isn't hard to stick to the hour there, they are FAST. Too fast for my liking, for the $$ it costs. I always have the "choose your own feast" with coconut shrimp with pina colada sauce, and shrimp linguini alfredo and broccoli. A garden salad to start and the cheddar bay biscuits. They are unlimited and I always have trouble with them. This time I decided I could have 2, so I told my son and my hubs to help me stick to that, and they did! I felt very good when we left, not overstuffed.

Back to work today.
  #955   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-10, 17:52
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
went out to dinner last night and had a salad, burger on homemade bun, and sauteed spinach instead of fries. Had a good conversation with my diabetic friend about my eating plan. SHe eats way more carbs than me!

Tonight was DH birthday dinner. We had salad, salmon, mac and cheese (not for me), coleslaw and a peach skillet thing I made with a sweet biscuit dough that was in today's newspaper.YUM.

tomorrow we're going out to dinner, but will be home the next night. I have no food plans yet- going to go food shopping on Friday.

My DH is working the long holiday weekend, so we'll be around. I'd like to have steaks and corn on the grill one night-
but I'm getting tired of coleslaw!!

CM lunch tomorrow will be chicken and......coleslaw!!!!

later=
E
  #956   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-10, 05:47
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Everyone, I've been a little busy, this past week. Last night, I had a little set back. However, today is a new day. A friend of mine, in my apt. building always likes to give me cake, whenever, she has cake. she doesn't have a weight problem. It would have been okay, as it was Lemon Merigune (spelled wrong) LOL! Pie, but, the piece was too big. Now, my eyes got bigger, than they should have. If I had cut the piece in half, it would have been sufficent, but, I ate the whole thing. I overdid my allowance for the RM. I am so mad, at myself and can't understand, why?? In my head, I know that if I had eaten a smaller piece and allowed myself time to digest it, I'd have been fine, Yet, I ate it quickly. So much, the problem, with compulsive overeating.
Well, just wanted to share, maybe sharing will help me feel better.
On top of that, it made me sickish. Too much, at once.
Hope you all have a good day. Don't mean to be gloom and doom
TTYL Jane
  #957   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-10, 10:15

BF:

Hey Jane, don't beat yourself up. When I first read CAD, the best thing about it was that I could have ANYTHING I WANTED at my reward meal. Remember Rachel Heller having her huge meals after fasting all day, including pasta, bread, AND donuts? I don't let myself freak out too much about the balance of it all. I know that so long as I attempt to have veggies and protein in there as much as I can, some extra carbs will not ruin things for me. Especially when I have so much to lose. Maybe as I get closer to goal I will have to be more rigorous. Besides...you have to remember how much you could have eaten before CAD, maybe you would have been into carbs all day long, like me. This is still a major improvement and you won't have carbs again for 24 hours. That is amazing! We need to accept that we aren't perfect and never will be..and just do the best we can in each situation.
  #958   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-10, 10:38
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

hi folks,

There seems to be a problem with subscription notification from this thread, for at least one member. For this reason, I think it's best to close it so that a new CAD/CALP Hour Power thread can be started.

Sorry for any inconvenience. On the bright side, maybe a new thread and new start will bring good luck for your weight loss endeavors

UPDATE : the new thread is here .. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=416768

Doreen

Last edited by doreen T : Thu, Sep-02-10 at 16:18. Reason: added link to new thread
Closed Thread