Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 04:43

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 237/188/150
BF:
Progress: 56%
Question Maintaining after getting to goal

I am still 38 pounds from my goal, but it seems to me that it would be very easy to maintain on the Adkin's program. I would be curious to hear from people who have made it to their goal and to hear how well they are keeping it off and how easy or hard it is.

I have never done so well on a diet and felt so good doing it. There are definitely more things you can have on this program they the "usual" low fat diets, etc..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 13:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hello tjk

It looks like U have done an awesome job losing weight already! How long has it taken you? I love atkins! I lost over 50 pounds in 5 months [im an extremely fast loser] and I have been maintaining now for almost 6 months! That is the part that thrills me! I find it easy because I have alot more freedom to try new things. I eat oatmeal-flax cereal with cream at least 2X a week, made LC muffins, I have pigged out on KFC chicken a few times, and I dont fret as much about hidden carbs. I feel wonderful! If I can be of any help just let me know. I have a journal called "better late than never" if U want to take a look. I wish U much luck on reaching your goal.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 08:01

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 230/150/150
BF:
Progress:
Angry back to induction

well i hit goal in Aug of last year..and then decided to enjoy the holidays and eat what i wanted. Now im paying the price. i packed on 15 obs from Nov to Feb..Feb 1 i went back on induction and have already take back off 7 of them..i could kick myself in the keester..just knowing how far i had come and that i was going in the wrong direction.

I am back on track now and have the energy i was missing these last two months..This is the only thing that works for me..a complete change of lifestyle is what it takes..

I should be back on maintenance by summer..

Good Luck to you
Mary
230/158/150
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 09:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hi Mary

Dont be too hard on yourself. Low-carbing is a lifetime of learning. I congratulated U for catching it in time! That is what is most important. Im sure U will get down to your goal in no time.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 22:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/145/130
BF:
Progress: 57%

Yeah - don't be too hard on yourself - look how well you're doing now! Focus on that and the neat thing about this diet is if you do slip like that, you can get it off in a reasonable amount of time by going back on it.

Eventually it will become a way of life for you, I"m sure - and we all "goof off" (I call it that instead..my own brainwashing..lol) from time to time!

Sounds like you're doing so well - good luck!