Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-13, 09:28

Plan: CAD/Gluten-free
Stats: 263/211/125 Female 62 inches (5'2")
BF:
Progress: 38%

245.0! Yay, new low! I need to lose 1.2 lbs to get to my goal by the end of the month- woo hoo! Totally gonna make that, YAY!

Went to outback steakhouse last night and usually I don't have cravings but my friends were eating a bloomin' onion and it was hard for me to watch them. Mostly because I know that I most likely will not eat one again in a long time because we don't usually go out for lunch there, but after I finished my meal the craving was over. I think it was more of the experience thing I missed out on. My hubby had saved his usual lunch RM for dinner so he also ate it with them. But I can handle it I am highly motivated right now and I haven't felt any need to cheat since I started so I am glad for that!

Today's plan: My daughter has therapy today and I have a session for professional headshots (I am a photographer) so that will be fun

RM: 1/2 Lean Cuisine pizza, 1/2 glass of green juice, Zone perfect cookie dough protein bar, grapes, and maybe a greek yogurt (if I am hungry enough- in the middle of the pizza and feeling not so hungry)

CM: Tofu kebabs with mushrooms, grape tomato, tofu, red onion (just a lil) and zucchini. Planning on roasting them with olive oil and seasonings. Mmm.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-13, 10:58

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%

That's awesome, Melodyrose! Keep up the great work!

Today's meal:
RM B - leftover french toast & hash browns, 1 cup black tea with cream & stevia, 1 large glass of strawberry frozen yogurt shake (it would have been frozen yogurt had I froze it, lol. I froze the rest for the kids since they love it).
L - will be hamburger patty with cheese
D - roasted chicken with sauteed cabbage

I ended up eating the tuna/mayo/celery last night for dinner, but man, did that spark some cravings! I think the Hellers talked about MSG in their other books and they also had several pages about it in The Stress Eating Cure. It's almost unavoidable it seems. They gave a list of seeming innocent ingredients that could have it like "broth". Unfortunately, my tuna last night contained broth as one of the ingredients. I think I'm more sensitive to MSG than I ever thought. I will start buying "tuna in oil" since they say it's less likely to contain any MSG.
  #93   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-13, 11:41

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

If you can find it for less than an arm and a leg, Bumble Bee Very Low Sodium Solid White Albacore is truly in just water, and is the tuna I use..it's delicious and doesn't trigger me (as any of the "in water that is actually broth" can do).
  #94   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-13, 11:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyrose
245.0! Yay, new low! I need to lose 1.2 lbs to get to my goal by the end of the month- woo hoo! Totally gonna make that, YAY!

Congratulations!
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-13, 17:09

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenders
I really enjoy reading everyone's food log too!

I've had an off couple days. Hubby and I worked really hard this weekend to do an early spring cleaning of our house. I spent lots of time going up and down our stairs putting all the kids toys permanent upstairs in their room instead of fighting a constant losing battle dealing with their mess all over the family room floor. Ahhhh, it feels good to have a clean home again!
I was thoroughly exhausted at the end of each day. The first day I only had a glass of wine for dinner (I wasn't at all interested hubby's tri tip). The second day was another glass of wine and a hamburger patty with cheese. Other than my big breakfast, I didn't eat much else during the cleaning frenzy. Even though I had the wine outside my RM, I still expected to burn a bunch of calories and see the scale move but it didn't.
This morning, I was feeling very nauseous and run down so I postponed my RM. I drank a cup of fennel tea which helped a lot with my queasiness and was able to eat a nice RM for lunch.

B - fennel tea
L - leftover donuts that I used as the bread for some french toast (yum!), hashbrowns with butter/coconut oil, 1 orange, 1 glass fermented apple juice (using my water kefir grains)
D - still not sure, not very hungry. probably some more fennel tea or if I get hungry, some tuna, mayo, and celery

Eno, I can't stop thinking about eating a bagel now since you mentioned it. It's going on my grocery list! A bagel with lox and cream cheese is my fav!

Remember that this WOE isn't about the calories. It's about your body's reaction to insulin. If you trigger more insulin release in a meal or extra release throughout the day you will stall or gain.

MIW
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-13, 17:12

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Yippee! Today my scale wans't sure if I should be 219 or 220! My lowest weight yet. And, started my TOM. I am sure this will be my low weight of the week but still, this is my lowest weight since I started on November 1st and I have been eating up a storm this last couple of weeks!

MIW
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-13, 21:31

BF:

Congrats everyone! I should clarify that isn't my major goal but my mini-goal lol. I am hungry tonight. I am thinking aunt flo will be here soon. I am going to have some eggs- already had kebabs but they just didn't taste good at all. Hoping for another low tomorrow!
  #98   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-13, 09:18

BF:

YEAH!! 244.0!! I only need to lose .2 now to have lost a total of 20 lbs in 6 weeks. Excited! I guess I will need to plan my reward for this weekend (pedicure).

RM: Chicken tortilla soup with cilantro, lime, and some chips, a greek yogurt, grapes, and maybe some peanut m and ms.

Going to do only 1 CM again today- I think chicken with Walden's BBQ sauce and green beans for dinner.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  #99   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-13, 14:33

Congrats, ladies! Doing great!
And thank you, Patriciakr, for the advice about the tuna. I remember trying tuna in oil in the past and I don't think I liked it so it's nice that there is an alternative out there.

RM B - French toast with caramel syrup, 1 orange, 1 small strawberry frozen yogurt, 1 chai tea with cream & stevia
L - hamburger patty with cheese
D - Tacos in a bowl: ground beef, shredded cheese, sour cream (oh, how I wish I had some salsa to go with it!)
  #100   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-13, 07:24
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
made my cabbage and beef soup for RM last night- had it with a roll. YUM. It will also be Rm today and tomorrow. DH is working out of town all weekend so I can have whatever I want!
Weight is very stable- yay! Feel great.
It is supposed to snow/ice this afternoon, and it is in the low 20s now, so I am going ot the gym to walk on the treadmill and lift weights.
I bought a pair of yoga pants to work out in- fit perfectly. Went and got a second pair(it is hard for me to find a pair that fits)- does not fit. Took out my measuring tape- 2 exactly the same brand and size, with an INCH difference in the waist ! So the smaller one has to go back, and I will go to the store with my tape measure to see if I can find another pair that is the correct size for me!
Planning on just staying home tonight and watching TV and reading. I am DVRing the new Project Runway season and a new show about bra fitters!
Later-
E
  #101   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-13, 07:39

Eno..too funny. I am dvr'ing the new season of project runway too and just started noticing (and watched one show of) the Double D Divas too (think that's the name)...lol!
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-13, 09:59

BF:

Good morning ladies! It's soooo cold here lol!
I MADE MY GOAL! I am down 20.0 lbs as of this morning at 243.8. I am so so happy haha.
RM is an Idaho sunrise (baked potato stuffed with egg and cheese), a greek yogurt, banana, and a cupcake with a glass of milk Dinner will probably be salmon or some eggs- it's Friday so I'd love to get some salmon tonight. Time to update my profile- woot woot!
Hmmm The Double D divas huh? haha! It sounds like something I would like- I am sucker for reality TV- not gonna lie
  #103   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-13, 10:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyrose
Good morning ladies! It's soooo cold here lol!
I MADE MY GOAL! I am down 20.0 lbs as of this morning at 243.8. I am so so happy haha.
RM is an Idaho sunrise (baked potato stuffed with egg and cheese), a greek yogurt, banana, and a cupcake with a glass of milk Dinner will probably be salmon or some eggs- it's Friday so I'd love to get some salmon tonight. Time to update my profile- woot woot!
Hmmm The Double D divas huh? haha! It sounds like something I would like- I am sucker for reality TV- not gonna lie

Whoops! I went to double check name of show, it's double divas..er..double d divas brings up some beyond racy links to ...stuff per the google descriptions Just wanted to correct the title..lol.

CONGRATS on the 20 lbs off!
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-13, 18:20

Hi all,
Had a big chocolate craving this morning so I picked up a nice big chocolate bar for my reward meal. And no wonder, I was PMSing and TOM just came. Phew! It's now 4pm and I'm just now starting to get a little hungry! So, only 1 CM for me today. I'm hoping for a whoosh tomorrow (fingers crossed).

RM B - bagel with cream cheese and strawberry jam, hash browns (fried with butter/coconut oil), 2 scrambled eggs, 1 large chocolate bar, 1 cup black tea with cream & stevia
D - hamburger patty w/ cheese

Made some yummy smelling pea soup tonight with a nice, meaty ham bone I saved (and froze) from Christmas dinner. Can't wait to dig in to it tomorrow morning for my RM.

I'm such a reality show junkie! I'll have to check out that bra show. Right now, I'm loving The Bachelor!
  #105   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-13, 07:19
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I was dissapointed in the bra show- but it is fun to see women of all sizes and shapes.

Had the cabbage and beef soup for RM last night with a bagel too!
I would like to have it again today, but some friends have invited me to go out to dinner. I am not sure if I want to do that.
I am going out to dinner tomorrow with DH so.........

Going to take a 2 hr walk today after lunch.

E
Closed Thread