Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  One month gone, the rest of my life awaits

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 13:40

Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:
Progress: 23%
Thumbs up Wonderful News

Yay!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!

Thanks for sharing...... I enjoyed reading about your trials and errors and all of the highlights you have experienced!!!!

You accomplished so much in such a short time!!!!

A Thin me!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 14:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Smile Thank you for sharing, Angela

Enjoyed reading that. Well Done and Congratulations on the weight loss so far.

That EMS might have cost you £225, not to mention the humiliation etc but it DID give you the single gem that set you on the right course ... enough information on LC to whet your appetite and start your search.

Hope you continue on this WOE, WOL now and reach your goal weight in record time.
Take care.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 14:20

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Thanks A Thin Me and Fiona.

Unfortunately, the first month was easy for me. There were no demons to face. They are still lurking around waiting to pounce and get me off track. Keeping them at bay will be my real success story. That will happen once I am settled enough in this new way of life to finally say no to cigarettes. Each time I've quit smoking before, I stopped quitting after gaining 10-15 pounds. No success there. Still smoking and heavier to boot. This new WOL has promise for endurance during the long haul of no more cigarettes, when that day arrives.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 14:49

Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Yay! Another Monther We'll be in the same class -- you'll graduate a bit before me, I'd guess, but we'll still always be Freshmen together.

I loved your green herbal goo story, Angela. I can totally relate to that. I remember when I was in high school getting Ayds chocolates (remember them?) and really thinking I would wake up thinner.

The "stop smoking" may come as a natural part of your journey. When you say you're wearing makeup and caring more about your appearance, that says you're caring more about yourself (in a good way) and being more aware, and more in control, of what you're doing. I stopped smoking the last time I lost weight successfully. I didn't lose to goal, but lost to a bearable weight. Then I started riding a bike. One day I realized how stupid it was to get up at 6:00 (yes, me!, but I was young) and be out on a beautiful, fresh April morning only to have a bike break so I could sit on the grass and have a cigarette. (I also noticed, as a supervisor, that the people I could always get to work overtime, Saturdays and weekends were the smokers. The nonsmokers would say, "Thank you, but I have a life.")

Anyway, I think you're doing wonderfully. You say you're undisciplined -- ha! If that was a challenged, you've certainly addressed it and gotten it under control. You're a role model for me in that area -- we approach things the same way, but you're better at execution

I'm really glad you posted this. I hope it will inspire others to do the same

Best of luck in the Second Month.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 17:34

Quote:
Originally posted by alto
One day I realized how stupid it was to get up at 6:00 (yes, me!, but I was young) and be out on a beautiful, fresh April morning only to have a bike break so I could sit on the grass and have a cigarette.

That I can relate to. My husband and I started walking in the summer, and after a while it seemed foolish to take cigarettes with us. We've temporarily stopped walking but hope to resume again soon. But I have found a walking buddy at work, and we have agreed to find one day each week where our schedules allow walking together. The rest of the days we are on our own.

As for disciple and execution, well discipline is the whole point of this for me. I'll need that to deal with no smoking. And as for execution, sometimes you just reach a point in your life when you know that you need to do things differently.

So, we made it through month 1. I put on lipstick. You ate a vegetable. And we both found a couple of new friends. All in all a good month!.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 18:16

Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

A very good month I relate to the lipstick/hair, too. I've only had my hair cut professionally once in the past six years. I've been doing it myself -- it got better once I got the energy to stand in front of the mirror

My first short-term goal is 240, and it will take at least three months to get there (I can't quite break away from time/weight goals yet). And my "reward" is a hair cut. I want to be sure I fit in the chair and the robes first
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 05:25

Smile Jan 25 - the end of 12 weeks and more to tell

21 pounds gone!

Measurements:

Waist -       Before 38 inches, Now 34, 4 inches lost
Tummy -     Before 40 inches, Now 39, 1 inch lost
Hips -         Before 46 inches, Now 42.5, 3.5 inches lost
Right thigh - Before 26.5 inches, Now 24, 2.5 inches lost
Left thigh -   Before 26 inches, Now 23.25, 2.75 inches lost

Other unmeasurables - my rings are too big and need resizing. My size 8 1/2 D width shoes are all too wide and floppy. Only the lace up ones still fit. I'm wearing shoes I haven't been able to comfortably wear in 5 years. My ankles don't swell and my feet don't hurt at the end of the day. Turtle neck sweaters don't choke me anymore.

Total inches lost 13.75

The best new, and the things that keep me going - no more migraines and tension headaches, no more digestive problems.

People haven't really noticed any difference...rarely a comment, but that's ok. I expect that once I hit the 30 pounds lost mark that it will be much more noticable. That will be size 14 territory, and 2 dress sizes smaller. This weekend it's time to clean out the closets and start getting the smaller sizes ready for a new life.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 09:38

Stats: 170/170/140
BF:
Progress: 0%

AngelaR...
I want to thank you for taking the time to be so through in your posts. It sure helps to have someone else's detailed discription of their daily struggles, successes and measurements.
I will do the dirty deed.. and go measure myself now. If you can do it - so can I. Thanks, loulou
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 16:09
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%

What a wonderful inspirational story. Thanks for sharing.

I too have taken my measurements, and I notice, like this month, I have not lost any weight, but I have lost a total of 6 1/2" just this month, so even though the scales may not show a "success" the inches are melting.

Congratulations again on your success.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 14:50
Registered Member

Stats: 251/236/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Thanks AngelaR for your posts. Real inspiration!
I am in my 3 week and doign well I think.
I have noticed the same changes as you, I am wearing make-up again and I do my hair in the morning now. I just came back from the hair salon and got a new cut and colour! In two weeks I will go back for a manicure, that's my treat, every two weeks....

It's only been two weeks and I feel better in my jeans. Sweet!

Article tools