Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 13:24
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/280/128 Female 5ft2in
BF:
Progress: -192%
Default Wellbutrin

I have suffered with depression since my first child was born in 1993. My third pregancy in 1997 I remained on prozak. He is one happy little guy!
I became very depressed again in 2000 and have since been on a combination of wellbutrin and effexor. It has taken a while to get the combination just right but the current mix seems to be effective.
Hope this is some help. Laurie
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 21:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi momofmka.
I have removed the post above that was a shorter "almost duplicate" of your last post.

Just a 'housekeeping' note: if you want to edit a post or add something, you have a few minutes to do it. Just click on the words "edit/delete" at the bottom right of the post and change whatever you want.

If you are outside the limit (the edit/delete button won't work) then just add what you want in another post.

If you want a post deleted, click on the "Report this post to a Moderator", type a short explanation in the window that opens & it will be taken care of.

Glad you are finding your way around.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 10:04

Stats: 220/220/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:too much
Progress: 0%
Default Wellbutrin

I took paxil, zoloft, prozac - all of those. Didn't really notice anything. Then I asked for Wellbutrin. I did OK on that. I was supposed to take it twice a day. I did for a long time, then I only took it once a day. Just cuz I forgot lol.

Anyway, around the begining of the year, I decided to just taking it. I didn't talk to the dr first, I just stopped. I have been excersising and I feel pretty good.

Some days are better than others.

I don't know where I am going with this, just wanted to pitch in my $.02

Have a good day.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 15:44

Stats: 259/234/160
BF:
Progress: 25%

I've on Effexor and Wellburtin and since then I have not be able to lose weight. I've been at a stall since January and that is right when I started taking these meds together. I suffer from depression and anxiety. HTH
  #20   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 13:20

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/151/125
BF:
Progress: 53%

I have been on prozac for 10 years and it no longer works and im in a bad state, doctor suggested 2 things, prozac with wellbutrin,
or trying efflexor,

what do you think is best, I took wellbiutrin before while on prozac to quite smoking, only side effect, cant sleep at night,

im afraid to mess around here.

Help
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 17:53

Plan: Atkins, Pre-Maintenance
Stats: 278.3/175/165 Female 64
BF:42%/15.9%/14-15%
Progress: 91%

Just curious about how long before you all seen a change once you started taking Wellbutrin? I have been on Wellbutrin XL 150 mg since Saturday. Tomorrow I go up to 300 mg... I know the doctor said that it takes about a week or so but I am telling you... I do have some increase energy and I have lost a lb this week but my mood, depression, episodes are NOT getting in better... I don't go back to the doctor until another 2-3 weeks and I know I am probably just being impatient. I know this isn't a miracle pill but damn... I really expected I would see something... Sorry to ramble..

Julie