Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 04:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 253.8/238/165 Female 178cm
BF:
Progress: 18%
Lightbulb WA Support Group

Hi All West Aussies

I am interested in getting a support group together for people doing Atkins. I don't know about everyone else but I have found it really difficult to get back on to the plan after falling off at Easter. I know with a bit of support and accountability I could easily lose the 35kg that I need to.

I have never orgnised a group like this before so if you are interested and have ideas of when, where, how often etc please forward them on. Those of you who have done other eating plans may have some really good suggestions.

I would really appreciate if I got some contacts together for someone to take it over and run with it. I work full time and have a 21 month old and another child on the way. I also travel one in every four weeks so i am not the most reliable of people!

Please contact me either via a link to this message or on a special E-mail address that I have set up

Thanks
Leanne

Moderator edit: Email address removed. Posting email addresses is in violation of our forum rules.

Last edited by Leanne : Tue, Jun-03-03 at 04:03.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 01:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 253.8/238/165 Female 178cm
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi Everyone

It looks as though we're getting together a bit of a format for meeting. What has been suggested is catching up about once a month and bringing along your plans and weights. Everyone can excahnge numbers and if you run into a bad day or just want to chat you can have your support people straight away.

From doing an overview of how everyone is tracking we can have a chat about questions; then move on to discussing situations that people find difficult like going to parties or out for dinner and tip and tricks of getting around these. After that recipe swapping and maybe an overview of anything interesting people have some across on this site as a whole. I don't know about all of you but I certainly don't have time to browse each link!

We're looking at catching up somewhere reasonably central and accessible to all suburbs such as Osborne Park and envisage the meetings going around about an hour.

Keep submitting ideas as a reply to this post.

Thanks
Leanne

Last edited by Leanne : Sat, Jun-07-03 at 01:19.