Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 06:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/140/135 Female 5'10"
BF:All Fat?
Progress: 52%
Default I'm Enlisting in the TDC One Year Challenge!

Please accept my application for the one year TDC Challenge! I've been fooling around with Atkins off and on since about June 2002 - mostly off, but am now committing to really work at this WOL. I started hardcore Atkins after Labor Day 2003 and have been feeling really good. However, I now know that I have to do a few more things to keep myself on the straight and narrow. I hope that by taking the TDC One Year Challenge I will be able to set realistic goals and reach them over the next year. Just as Columbus discovered the Americas, I'm looking forward to discovering a new me by Columbus Day 2004!

I, Tedmom, otherwise known as Julie, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Tedmom.

Last edited by Tedmom : Sun, Oct-12-03 at 06:25.
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 15:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Modified)
Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Hello Everyone.
This is my first time to try LC and I am loving the way it makes me feel (since I'm past the bone crushing cravings). I found this forum a couple of months ago, and have toyed around with posting once or twice. But even if I don't post a lot, I am lurking every night. I am ready to commit to the people here that I am ready to lend my support, should it ever be needed.

Welcome to the thread Clohse! you will really get to love this forum. I have to say, that here is my second home. I get so much support, encouragement and also the motivation I need to get going and not get off the wagon. Hope we get to know each other better.

Quote:
I hope that by taking the TDC One Year Challenge I will be able to set realistic goals and reach them over the next year. Just as Columbus discovered the Americas, I'm looking forward to discovering a new me by Columbus Day 2004!

Tedmom, Welcome!!!! Not only in this One year TDC challenge you will get all the support you need, but also in other challenges that go on all the time. Check the Buddies and Challenges section in this forum, and suscribe to the challenge you like. I'm actually suscribed in 4 challenges plus I have two challenges of my own.

If I can be of any help you can drop by my journal and leave me a message or send me a PM (Private Message)

See you around. Take care, and good luck in your LC journey!!!

Last edited by becky160 : Tue, Oct-14-03 at 15:43.
  #168   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 18:19
Registered Member

Stats: 364/319/165 Female 67 inches
BF:54.2/52/25
Progress: 23%

Hi everyone. I am willing to make the committment started in this thread. It may sometimes be hard to talk about all the failures but talking usually helps better than keeping stuff bottled inside and of course nothing feels as good as sharing a success. So come famine or plenty I'm here till February 2004,with God's help.

Nicckkii
  #169   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 03:13

Stats: 480/440.2/225 Male 6' 2"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hello all,

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and decided to sign up and join the quest towards good health and happiness.

Cheers.

- I Barry, otherwise known as Nebula, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Probably lurking, Barry
  #170   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 13:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Modified)
Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!
Progress: 30%

Welcome to the Thread Nicckkii, Nebula!!!

Thank you for signing to the One year suscription to the TDC!

I invite you to try any of the challenges in the "buddies and Challenges" sub-forum of this forum. Good luck on your WOE and WOL journey!!!!

Tazanya, Hi....I have to day that I do not have the slightest idea on how this thread works. I think that is only for a one year suscription to the TDC and the Forum. as long as we post here from time to time will be fine. I know you are now joining a challenge over in the buddies and challenges sub forum. I wish you the best! I'm sure that we will be able to come in here many times during the year to post our success and happiness on this WOE and WOL.

See you all around!
  #171   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 21:50

Plan: Atkins cheat free
Stats: 313/167/164 Female 69 inches
BF:who knows
Progress: 98%

I'm in

So here is my commitment - I Becky, otherwise known as Atlin4myW, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. becky
  #172   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 22:33
Registered Member

Stats: 308/293.5/145 Female 5'6"
BF:probably 100%
Progress: 9%

I'm just a few days old here, but count me in! The worst thing I do when things go wrong is hybernate, and this challenge is just what I need. So..

I, Tina 3, otherwise known as Tina, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and bad. I promise to keep working the low carb lifestyle even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this-I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me, know what became of me.Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others at all times. Tina
  #173   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 23:34

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/372/130 Female 5' 7
BF:
Progress: 10%

I, Carrie, otherwise known as cpj, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and bad. I promise to keep working the low carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people that have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Can't wait to look like Laurie some day!
  #174   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 02:57
Hail to the King

Stats: 394/219/200 Male 5' 11''
BF:Big Time
Progress: 90%

I'm in....

I Jim, otherwise known as Aragorn, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Jim
  #175   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 09:04

Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%
Default I'll be here.

The mountain we all have to climb is a bit easier when there are climbers ahead of you to show you a line, and a bit more rewarding when you can help someone. As long as I'm on these forums, I'll be on this one; even after I succeed.
  #176   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 20:13
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins Like
Stats: 266.5/231/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:50.06%/42.96%/25%
Progress: 33%

I, Bjuba, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.
  #177   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 21:03
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 275/270/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 4%

Well, here it is almost the end of the year and the Challenge is almost over, but as you said in the beginning, it starts new in February. I'm Mary Ann and have been lurking around for the past year or so. I haven't been that active in posting, find it very difficult to talk about myself. But I am resolved to take the challenge and stick with it.

I, Mary Ann, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

I know I haven't properly introduced myself, but I will do that in a separate thread. Thanks for having me.

Mary Ann
  #178   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 09:40

Plan: Atkins/induction
Stats: 329/293.5/200 Female 5 feet 2.5inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

So here is my commitment - I Sandi, otherwise known as Memaw O5, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.
What the heck if your gona do it you might as well go hole hog( pardon the expression) So here I go one year from now I will still be around only not as round.
  #179   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 10:18

Stats: 277.5/277.5/199 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up Greetings, Triple Digits Club!

I started Atkins on 12/5/03. Here's my journal. I'm in about a week in with terrific results. I've lost significant weight, but much much more importantly I feel so much better! I've broken free from the carb cycle. I am eating less, feeling less hungry, feeling more energetic, sleeping deeper, thinking better, and generally very optimistic about making this the kind of life change that improves my health forever.

I think that support and information-sharing is critical to our success and I'm so very pleased to have found such an active and friendly base of such support in these forums. So, if it's ok with everyone...I'll sign on for a year of TDC! I definitely see my weight loss and health recovery as a LONG process. However, I know if I continue to see progress and feel great, I'll be hooked on eating right and getting healthy!

So, here goes...

I, Imber, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Thanks, everyone!

Talk to you all, soon!

Imber
  #180   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 19:01
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 275/270/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 4%

Imber,
Welcome aboard! You will find that this is really a great group of people. Any question you have, someone will be there with the answer right for you.
Good to have you with us.