Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-31-10, 22:11

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%
Default Victoria February get-together

Well ladies -- we missed December; we missed January; PLEASE let's not miss February!~! In fact, if we can manage a meet near the beginning of Feb and the end, let's try to catch up!!! DAMN ... I miss all of you when I don't see you

Who am I supposed to be staying accountable to? OK - not fair. If I can't maintain, it's not your fault, but .....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-01-10, 15:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendarc
Well ladies -- we missed December; we missed January; PLEASE let's not miss February!~! In fact, if we can manage a meet near the beginning of Feb and the end, let's try to catch up!!! DAMN ... I miss all of you when I don't see you

Who am I supposed to be staying accountable to? OK - not fair. If I can't maintain, it's not your fault, but .....

I hear ya...I stay more accountable with the help of my friends, too.

Lunch, dinner or potluck?

#3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-01-10, 20:25

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl
I hear ya...I stay more accountable with the help of my friends, too.

Lunch, dinner or potluck?

How 'bout all three!!? I'm easy!! Actually, potluck might be easiest when we can eat outside picnic style -- I know I couldn't possibly seat even us few in my "ware"house for a meal. With luck, we may have a European visitor here in May - I hope we'll be able to arrange something that will fit her schedule!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-03-10, 21:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

I'm up for whatever.... on vacation fromwork until Tuesday.

I had a job interview today... wish me luck!!

Vegas was pretty cool. Saw lots of sights and bought some new clothes.

Miss you all, Julie
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-04-10, 08:06

BF:

Fingers & toes crossed for you Julie - eyes too if you think it might help!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-04-10, 09:43

BF:

My eyes were a little crossed yestreday.... the die is cast - have to wait now....

Thanks Glenda!

Julie
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-04-10, 15:25
Registered Member

Plan: Caveman
Stats: 175/160/120 Female 5'66"
BF:
Progress: 27%

hi everyone, katzkatz here, yes I love cats, but my name is Erika.

I would love to meet some new people in my new city. I moved here last September.

Also I have a request: if you have had some success on the diet, would you be so kind to send me a sample of what you have been eating? Just to get some ideas. I think my food intake is a bit higher than it needs to be. I am at 165 pounds, but would like to get back to about 130.

oh and if you can't find my email to email me privately here it is smittenwithmittens2010 at gmail dot com.

Thank you
Erika
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-04-10, 18:13

BF:

Hi Erika - glad to see you found your way here!

As for what I was eating during weight loss mode, just meat, salads with homemade vinaigrette dressings, and broccoli or asparagus for supper, leftovers from supper for lunch, and bacon or ham and eggs for breakfast. Butter on my veggies, cream in my decaf coffee, and a glass or two of red wine with weekend suppers when I got past induction. I've never had a huge appetite so I kept eating the same quantity as always but cutting out the junk took the weight off!

As you can see, there hasn't been a decision yet on where or when we should get together this month.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-05-10, 16:12
Registered Member

BF:

hi Glenda

thanks for your post.

we eat very similar foods!

I too put just vinegar, oil and salt in my salads, and stick to asparagus and brocoli. I don't put butter on them, but I will next time.

I don't have bacon with my eggs, my boyfriend (who is on atkins too) does. I do have some ham sometimes. He makes a nice egg benedict without the muffin bread of course.

Today he made beef ribs in the crockpot with bbq sauce for lunch and dinner.

I do have a big appetite though.

I am trying some hoodia tablets I got at wallmart to help supress appetite. I don't know if they help, I have had health issues around anemia, and until I get that sorted out I am really not myself. But I just heard they give iron infusions at the Jubilee hospital, if I could get in for that it would be such a great help, and then I can focus better on my diet.

I also want to try a naturopath at Saanich Plaza, overthere by save on foods, near wallmart. He has some chinese tablets that claim to help with weight loss, and hopefully he might help me out with some of my other issues such as anemia, hypothiroidism, etc.

Yes it would be nice to meet other atkin followers, so I hope a meeting is arranged in the coming weeks.

I am located close to Crystal pool, by Bay and Cook streets.

I am 165-170 pounds (I don't want to go on the scale right now, I can't deal with weight gain on top of anemia, etc), and would love to get back to 130 pounds again. I am 5' 66", medium frame.

I was doing exercise at Crystal pool, on the awesome spin cycle machines they have there, and a little bit of weights, as well as the treadmill. But I stopped two months ago when I started with the anemia, which I initially thought was low thyroid. I want to go back to weights and spin bike, but not the treadmill. I like the treadmill but my feet are hurting a lot, I think I have a fallen arch now. Then again, if the anemia gets better, I might feel better and go back on the treadmill. I am not, and have never been the athletic type, so I have to work hard at it.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Erika
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 14:51

BF:

I'm up for a get together soon. Would love to meet Erika! We can always use more LC friends.

My Saturdays are a mess now with looking after Mum. I spend several hours there each Saturday and pack my lunch to eat with her. She is puzzled by my food choices but deals with it while I watch her eat her "wheat" bread, Cheez Whiz and Marmite (ewwwww). She tries to get something special for me - last week was a California mandarin (11 carbs!!!).

Since next weekend is V-Day, how about we try for a midweek dinner this week or next?

Miss you all, Julie
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 15:48

BF:

Any evening this month works for me except the 25th. And where shall we go? How were the wings at Montana's (or was it Kelsey's)? Not as good as Bruno's I'm sure, but that's a long drive in the dark and possibly rain! Anny, Jude and Steph seem to be lying low these days! Do we have to PM them?

Erika, with any luck one of us will have some ideas for finding a doctor - I know it's tough with the shortage right now. My doctor retired a couple of years ago and I was really concerned that we wouldn't be able to find another. We were lucky that his two partners took a lot of his patients, us among them!

Julie, any word on the job interview?

Last edited by glendarc : Mon, Feb-08-10 at 15:55.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-10, 09:01

BF:

The wings at Kelsey's were lightly breaded.... not on my list right now!!

Erika - check out this link to find a doctor: https://www.cpsbc.ca/

No word on the interview yet - likely this week!

Julie
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-10, 13:01
Registered Member

BF:

hi

thank you for the link. the only one listed is Patricia. I phoned yesterday and they put me on the waiting list to become a new patient: there are 300 people ahead of me they told me!

the website I have been checking is:

http://victoriamedicalsociety.org/doctors.cfm?cat=0

there are two more there, one is taking people over 55 only, and the other one has a full waiting list so they didn't take my details. They told me they will be interviewing the people in the list to see which ones they select to become their patients. I was so surprised, I never thought that getting a new doctor is like finding a new job! How did Victoria get to this doctor crisis?

In the meantime I have to stick to the walk in clinics, and my boyfriend's dad might be able to ask his doctor if he can take me as a new patient. I really really hope he does, otherwise I am stuck in a real merry go around.

I am going to the walk in clinic today to find out the blood results, all I can hope now is that it is iron anemia again and that they send me for iron ifusions at jubilee.

I am flexible with the lunch/dinner arrangements to meet. I do have a little one, she is 3.5, if I can leave her with my boyfriend or arrange a babysitter I will, otherwise can I bring her? She likes restaurants and is generally good, of course if she isn't we would have to leave, but that's unlikely to happen unless she is tired, so I will make sure she gets a long sleep or nap.

Erika
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-10, 22:09
WannaHaveFun

Plan: protvegfatprotvegfatprotv
Stats: 183/165/155 Female 67 in
BF:
Progress: 64%

Hello, Vic LC-ers, and welcome, Erika, though I've been out of the loop for quite some time

And will probably continue to be, unfortunately. But maybe mid-next-week?
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-10, 22:18

Plan: LC w/o "counting" carbs.
Stats: 320/259/185 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Any weekday evening is fine for me!