Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 21:48

Plan: Atkins/Insulin
Stats: 228/214/147
BF:
Progress: 17%

I mean I will eat chicken but the book said maybe the first few days you shouldn't, to get a higher loss?? Am I going to end up stalling though if I dont' eat my mean? I do drink the Atkins mix... is that good enough?
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 21:51

Plan: Atkin's Diet
Stats: 243/216/105
BF:
Progress: 20%
Lightbulb sNOOK************

Your NOT IN KETOSIS because your eating fruits!!!!!!!!!!!! That's an absolute NO NO in the Atkin's Diet. Read his book and you'll see hon. Also, Gwil was right, you need to eat more protein/Fat stuff. Meats, Cheeses, Nuts, Cream cheese, Mayo, ect.......... MEAT is a big factor in the Atkin's Diet.

Read Dr. Atkin's New Diet Revolution for a complete List of what foods are permitted in the Diet and Reciepes are posted in this Fourm along on Dr. Atkins Website!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck.

Jessica
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 21:53

Plan: Atkin's Diet
Stats: 243/216/105
BF:
Talking Hey Gwil!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I will go snack on a Fat/Protein Snack right now, good idea. I usually do that It's just I have to do some shopping tomorrow. I will find something. How are u Hon?????????

How's Dance Class??????????

I'm doing Low Impact aerobics now, it great!!!!!!!!!!

Luv, Jess
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 21:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default Hey Snook

Im on Atkins and I live of meat and fat. I only started eating more fruit lately. Are U a vegetarian? If so may be harder to do low-carb Im not sure. Fruits are higher in carbs and contain sugar so U wont show ketosis because of that.
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 21:58

BF:
Default Meat!!

Yeah, I have read the book twice and I also read the Type 2 Diabetes diet book and fit for life...they all have great ideas but I'm not a big meat eater so it's hard! I've also been exercising an hour everyday....4 miles. I need my fruit because I am addicted to sugar and that helps me...yes I take L-gluatiming (sp?) and a sugar control pill but i find eating grapes help me a great deal! I am happy that I have been losing but I kind of wanted my sticks to change colors. But it said they won't always change?!
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 21:59

BF:
Default hey Jess

Im so glad to hear U are doing low bounce aerobics! That will be so good for U. Im am struggling in Dance class cause I keep screwing up my turns but I will get it...LOL
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 22:01

BF:
Talking

Alright, tomorrow I will put grilled chicken on my salad...good right?
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 10:32

BF:
Default morning Snookz

I thought I would write out what I ate in a typical day, 3 eggs for breakfast, lunch could be 3 pieces of cold fried chicken cut up with about a cup of lettuce and 2 tablespoons real mayo all mixed together, supper may be 8 oz steak and 3/4 cup grean beans. evening snack 3 big pieces of cheese. Thats how I ate and lost weight. In fact the only difference now is a few extra veggies, fruit 3-4 times a week and lots of nuts. I hope this helps U somewhat.
  #69   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 14:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/204/140
BF:

If you can get away from the sweet foods (even grapes) for just a while then it seems like you will want them less for some reason. Then our sticks will start to turn purple too!!! Sounds like you are losing weight though. I am not doing so well in that regard With everyone' support here I hope I can reach my goal . I wasn't feeling well for a couple of days and so I kinda wasn't following the plan like I should. I added 2 lbs back on. But I know I have got to get back in gear. It really helps to read what everyone else has to say. Thanks everyone!! Good Luck.
  #70   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 16:00

BF:
Default hi Lisa

Sorry to hear U are a little down Lisa. The 2 pounds U put on Im sure is just water weight. Life is a journey and we have ups and downs and that is certainly true for weight loss. Stick with it and good luck!
  #71   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 16:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/204/140
BF:

Thanks gwilson. It helps to see what you wrote about your typical menu for a day. I need to make some fried chicken. That sounds good. You must really feel great to have attained your goal. I hope I will be able to do the same. I must admit I am scared that I will return to my old eating patterns and put the weight right back on.
  #72   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 16:34

BF:

Ok..I ate some grilled chicken on my salad today!!! I also bought some pistachios to eat tonight for a snack instead of my grapes. I still had grapes this morning but I'm trying to ween myself off of them! Thanks everyone! I woke up this morning 2 more pounds down...I guess I shouldn't be too discouraged about those sticks! Thanks again!