Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-08-04, 22:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 440/280/180 Female 5 Feet 7 Inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Bbw?

I have been reading alot of profiles and so many people are so supportive and have done such and awsome job!
I am in Arizona and im in alot of bbw groups on Yahoo..(not an endorsment)I have told you guys that i was at one point 440 pounds and really needed a support group that can understand what im going through so i joined alot of groups in my area and i started attending there events.
I have since then becomed very involved in "fat acceptance" including Going to the NAAFA Main page and reading up on the conventions and events. I do want to lose weight because i want to be more active and feel better about myself..right now at 280 i feel good ..maybe its because i discovered that there is ALOT of FA's out there that like women like me (FA=Fat Admirers) big turn on to know that a man loves your body no matter how fat you are
I want to lose another 80-100 pounds but i think thats enough for me..i love being a bbw and dont want to be skinny. I am very active in the bbw events and community...and have seen alot of people diet and of course get that WLS done and there miserable..fat/skinny dont matter if your mentality does not change...i know i ate because i was always depressed and really did not care if i lived or died....i have since then changed my outlook about myself and who i am and especially who i WANT to become. No matter where you get with this diet/life style..love yourself for who you are and look for support groups in your area. Fat can be sexy

Neme
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-08-04, 23:20

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

You can be sexy and feel good about yourself at any size. There is no reason to pursue a twiggy figure. Congratulations on feeling wonderful!

Orchid
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 08:18

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

If your size doesn't affect your breathing, energy, etc and you feel good then it's ok. However, as you get older you may find it more difficult to carry excess weight. I know I can't anymore.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 08:37

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 162/153/145 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

You know, if you are happy with where you are, and accept yourself the way you are, that's wonderful! you are right, there a lot of skinny, unhappy people out there. It's the attitude that matters.

I personally, would like to weight just a bit less, so that I can run and exercise with more energy. That's just me!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 08:36

Stats: 191.5/160/135 Female 5'3
BF:39.8%/?/27%
Progress: 56%

I think it's fantastic that you're consciously dieting to be healthier, and NOT out of problematic body image or stuff like that.

Do you weight train? I ask, because one way that larger people can be fat and fit is to make sure that their muscles are strong and supple. That way, you use your muscles to hold up your posture, and don't put as much strain on joints (knees and hips). Plus, it's a way of exercising that is less likely to lead to injury (if done carefully), compared to aerobics, jogging, etc.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 14:57

Stats: 440/280/180 Female 5 Feet 7 Inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrie
I think it's fantastic that you're consciously dieting to be healthier, and NOT out of problematic body image or stuff like that.

Do you weight train? I ask, because one way that larger people can be fat and fit is to make sure that their muscles are strong and supple. That way, you use your muscles to hold up your posture, and don't put as much strain on joints (knees and hips). Plus, it's a way of exercising that is less likely to lead to injury (if done carefully), compared to aerobics, jogging, etc.

I don't weight train but i might in the future..right now im just enjoying the weight loss and the shopping.