Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 14:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 163/146/140 Female 5ft 5inches
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Curves for Women

Is anyone out there going to Curves as part of their get fit plan, if so, can I have some feedback on wether the programe works etc. I am thinking of joining, but the concept is so different to other health clubs
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 14:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/227/175 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Chris, we have a great thread for us Curve low carbers why don't you come on over and visit us there.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...39&goto=newpost
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-12-04, 09:07

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I hate to have questions diverted to other forums but it is truefor all the hollerin they did to get a separate forum for older
folks nobody comes in here.

Honestly I think you would feel limited at Curves-not challenged.
It does have the advantage of being a quick in and out but no variety or advancing challenges.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-12-04, 15:15

Stats: 227/227/175 Female 5'6"
BF:

Hi Bev, wondering if you have tried Curves or not. Trust me you do not get bored, it's fun and dynamic. Your intensity increases as you get more fit. You can see by the wall of "Fame" the inches and #'s lost. You get all the work out you need in 30 minutes... strength and cardio. There are no windows, no guys and you are in and out and feeling great. May not be for everyone but I and the others on this thread are loving it! Maybe give it a try

PS
Quote:
I hate to have questions diverted to other forums but it is truefor all the hollerin they did to get a separate forum for older
folks nobody comes in here.
I have no idea what you are referring to with this comment??? Please enlighten us.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-13-04, 11:19
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 155/115/115 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I have been only going to Curves for about 2 months. I have mixed feelings so far but I do think you can get stronger by focusing on how hard you are pushing those machines. I feel it may not be the greatest but for me right now, it's better than nothing. I think we do need to maybe add aerobics to this. A good walk would help and complete the exercise. JMHO
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 08:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 163/146/140 Female 5ft 5inches
BF:
Progress: 74%

Thanks everyone

I am going to give Curves a wack for a year, see how it goes. I like the idea of shortened time and can do a bit more at home on the treadmill if needs must. will keep you all posted on the Curves thread
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-17-05, 10:43

Plan: Lifespan program
Stats: 175/175/132 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Curves for Women

Hello;
This reply is no doubt a little late, but nonetheless I have nothing but positive things to say about Curves.
I've been a memeber since November/04 and I love it.
I don't know where you can go for 30 minutes and have such a great work out. I don't even change my clothes, I'm in, I'm out.
If a person cannot find 1/2 a day for themselves...something is sadly wrong.
I love it, the atmosphere is very, very positive and you will find every sector of women possibel.
You can go for a week free as an introductory, try that first, then you'll know if you want to go or not.
Perhaps you have already joined!!

All the best to ya.
stlouis
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-05, 11:59

Stats: 199/177/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hello,
I joined Curves a few weeks ago and I love it !! It is fantastic and so are the people. I agree with stlouis. Where else can a person go and get a great workout in 30 minutes. I try to go at least five times a week and I also walk an hour on my treadmill at home. I would recommend joining to anyone.
Brenda
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jun-05-05, 06:13
Registered Member

Stats: 235/235/150 Female 5ft 5.5inches
BF:Started May 26 '05
Default How many times a week can you go to curves?

Hi everyone

I started the curves LC plan from their book, and next pay day I am joining curves to work out. I have read some good things, and hope that I will get that added "sculpting" at cruves. Does anyone else follow their LC diet plan?

Are you able to go 5 days a week? I am planning on going in the mornings when I get off work... or are you only allowed to go the 3 times they suggest?
Cher
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-05, 06:45

Plan: Lifespan program
Stats: 175/175/132 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:

I have been going to Curves since November. I go anywhere from 3 to 6 times a week. Obviously the more you go the fast you'll see results. You may not see a drastic reducing in your weight but you sure will see results in the way your clothes fit. I couldn't believe it !!! I use to always be pulling at my bra and my pants are almost falling off me. I have lost 6 lbs but the inches are incredible. Maybe its not for everyone, but I think for most of us something is better than nothing. When workouts are too intense most are inclinded to give up after a short period of time but with Curves that just doesn't happen. You work at your own pace and are encouraged very step of the way.
Good Luck
mstl
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-05, 06:16

Plan: South Beach (restart)
Stats: 330/267.5/190 Female 65"
BF:47.5%
Progress: 45%

Another Curves enthusiast here! I also joined last November. I have 60 visits in.

I have followed their LC plan and lost 14 lbs in 6 weeks! In fact, I'm going to do Phase I again starting Monday for 2 weeks.

I just love Curves. I've not "hit the wall" yet ... when it gets too easy, then I'm not working hard enough, try doing faster reps with a lesser range of motion to challenge yourself as you get fit.

It is not recommended to go daily, your muscles build themselves the next day and need to rest. Walking, swimming, or other exercise is good on those "in between" Curves days.

Can't wait to get on the circuit after work! I love the upbeat music - love to dance on the recovery station pads, love that hip abductor...lol... !
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-05, 11:02

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%

Hello all u curvers.
I love curves and I go 5 days aweek.Im doing curves diet.I love the book. In fact had it way before I thought about joining.
I have been going to curves for 14 months.
take care. I think it helps when we all talk and get email buddies or even come here to say hi and how we are doing. take care.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Nov-14-05, 19:05

Stats: 185/175/140 Female  5'6
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Re; Curves

Hi I joined Curves as part of my weight loss regime..
I really liked it and was very enthusiastic..
then I went 5 days in one week..and sustained an injury to my foot
which is called faceitis.. usually a sports injury.. now I can't go at all til my foot is better..After the fact I found out it is recommended not to go more than every other day..

I'm going back , but I'll stick to 3 days a week
Jojo
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Sep-07-06, 13:05

Stats: 247/166/135 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 72%

I go to curves 5 days a week and have had very good results. I ususally d0 45 minutes instead of 30 and since I've started, I feel wonderful. I started the same time I started LCing. I have lost weight, inches and my blood sugar is back to normal (I am a type 2 diabetic).