Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#286   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-12, 01:10
Registered Member

Plan: Experimenting
Stats: 181/181/126 Female 5 3
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyLC
Welcome to the board cielo.

I gained weight over the summer and feel terrible about it. Between thyroid and peri/meno - it's just really depressing.

Thank you. I'm on artificial hormones so not sure I'm through meno or not - weight wise, it's a disaster but feel a thousand times better than peri/meno.
Sponsored Links
  #287   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-12, 07:22

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

That's good you're feeling better.
  #288   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-12, 07:06

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Hi Ladies,

I'm 50 and making this my final journey toward goal weight and making LC a WOE for life.

I also take replacements hormones, E2 E3 testosterone and progeserone. I read Dr Northrups book on MEnopause, as it had the only info readily available on replacement therapy and she recommends the bio-identacles and I have found these to work beautifully for me. ANd I can still loose weight. Of course the testosterone helps!!

I cannot manage without testosterone--I start tripping and my joints get loose a bit and I drop coffee mugs.

Looks like this is a slow thread . . . . that's ok.
  #289   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-12, 19:55

Plan: Atkins / Keto / ZC
Stats: 182/130/130 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Ladies,
Thank you to everyone who has posted on this thread. I started Atkins earlier this year in the wake of savage menopause. I went off Atkins in July and I am too scared to step on the scales. I have most likely gained all of the weight back.
I finally went to doctor and asked for HRT, so I am now on Climara 50 Estrogen only. I can now sleep soundly, but am still having the odd hot flush.
I am now starting Atkins AGAIN, and will keep everyone posted with progress.
My stated weight at the moment is 165. That is not right, but I will update online posters in a few weeks.

I am prepared to take tough measurers to lose the excess weight. I have been slim most of my life, and I am not used to my new mate who hangs around my waist, getting in the way of tying my shoes!
  #290   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-12, 00:31

BF:

Good for you to make the changes toward a better lifestyle.

See how the meds go, you may need to tweek them months from now. I do better with a combo but each body is different. Sometime progesterone can even out the hot flashes. I havd to read a book to understand the details. LOL

Getting back on the scale is daunting. I do better if I weigh every day, as I become paranoid after about a week , worrying about a significant gain.

I weigh every day, then average the numbers and record that in another column. THe day to day weights are not really important, rather the average is the important one, and the new low, of course. I make it a game. THen I feel comforable about weighing in. ANd the scale is now a friend rather than dreaded enemy.

Good luck!!
  #291   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-12, 08:21

Plan: Atkins, sort of
Stats: 184/166/152 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hi Mintaka, I started low carbing in August at 185 pounds or so, and I am now over half way to my 138 lb goal. It's been so much easier than I thought, but of course health issues and whatever can complicate things and not everyone reacts the same way.
I've been heavy all my life but never obese, although I was teetering on the brink there. Now I am looking forward to being a svelte senior citizen!!
  #292   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-12, 09:16

BF:

Lulumae--- love your tickertape, I suspect it fits your personality!! Lc is a way of eating for life, we can't go back to the old way of eating, or else we go back to the old way of being.