Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-12, 05:34

Plan: my own
Stats: 340/182/175 Male 72"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrt4930
I wonder how much Life Style Lift charges for a neck lift? Do any of you know anyone who has had this done? I'm soon going to be 72 and I plan to go from 183 down to 145. I have 22# more to go. My neck started to sag when I was 40. I was a fat kid (40#) so I think surgery is the answer for me. myrt

I'm 57, I've lost 155 pounds. I know about sagging skin. I lost a BIG double chin. The ball under the neck has helped me tighten up. I can see my adam's apple again. Take a small ball 6-8 inches in diameter. Place it under the chin resting on your upper chest. Push the chin down on the ball as far as you can and hold for a count of 10. Do this several times a day. I keep my ball in my car and do this during trips. If you see a guy in a black jeep with a red ball under his chin, It's me.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-12, 17:21

Plan: WW's/ Atkins/George S.
Stats: 317.6/260.4/186 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 43%

Dan
I had heard that rebounding for poeple 60 or over is not recommended. I have no idea if this is true and I am still contemplating one but do have 1 knee replacement.
gloria
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-12, 18:07

Plan: High protein/HIIT
Stats: 234/197/174 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 62%
Default Just subscribing

Lots of good info here, just want to subscribe. I've got stretch marks, a saggy belly and my thighs are looking all flobby.
  #34   ^
Old Thu, May-03-12, 06:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226/154/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 95%

I am worried about saggy skin too - I want to lose a total of 70 pounds - I am just turned 50.

I have inherited lovely healthy and smooth skin with very few visible wrinkles from my mum and wonder if this is an indication of what I can expect when I achieve my goal - to be honest it won't matter to me because I know that even if I have saggy skin, I will be healthier which will bring other benefits as I get older but would love to have the best of both worlds
  #35   ^
Old Wed, May-30-12, 07:56

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%

My derm told me you don't know what your skin will be until 2 years after you've lost the weight. That's how long it takes to firm up and basically whatever you have at that time is what it will be.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, May-31-12, 13:15

Plan: Concentrate on Protein
Stats: 186.5/136.6/136.0 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 99%

As far as my flabby neck goes, I have decided to take out an exercise thing and work with it every day and watch the video that came with it. I have physical therapy exercises for my feet and shoulders that I have started doing every day and I'm going to add this exercise while doing one of my PT exercises. Dan does it while he drives and I'll do it when I exercise
myrt
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-12, 12:45

Plan: My own
Stats: 250/161.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloquilts
I had heard that rebounding for poeple 60 or over is not recommended. I have no idea if this is true and I am still contemplating one but do have 1 knee replacement.
Actually, rebounding is a pretty good exercise for the elderly, as long as done gently, barely bounding. My 87-yo mother bought a rebounder five years ago and loves it, and her 85-yo diabetic friend bought one after seeing my mother's and loves hers too... says the mild exercise helps her blood sugars and that it's a good gentle exercise as she can barely walk without a walker.

The key is to use the momentum of the bounce by barely bending your knees and use your arms to increase exercise, rather than bouncing around or jogging violently. The other thing is buy a good rebounder, not a cheapie... the good ones have better springs and tarps that ease the shock.
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-12, 12:53
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

You might try looking into Thermage laser, I've seen some astounding before and after photos.
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-12, 12:56

Plan: DANDR induction
Stats: 240/240/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

i'm 27 and scared to death of the loose skin i'm gonna have...i know people who have lost loads (like i have to) and they say they were happier fat than with the lose skin they were left with...i really don't want to be like that i hope everything works out for you hun!
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-12, 13:02

Plan: DANDR induction
Stats: 240/240/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

i found this while looking online

http://healingtools.tripod.com/skinbrush.html
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-12, 11:13

This (brushing) does the exact same thing the rebounder does...stimulates lymph glands.
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-12, 05:21

Plan: my own
Stats: 340/182/175 Male 72"
BF:
Progress: 96%
Default Tighten Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picky1985
i'm 27 and scared to death of the loose skin i'm gonna have...i know people who have lost loads (like i have to) and they say they were happier fat than with the lose skin they were left with...i really don't want to be like that i hope everything works out for you hun!

I believe the key is to lose the weight slowly. I've lost 158 pounds to date, but at a slow rate. I'm almost 58 and have very little saggy skin.

I am toning up now so I believe the remaining skin will tighten up as I lose more weight.

Another 10 pounds to go.
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-12, 06:35

I think some of it is genetics as well. My youngest daughter's skin is worse than mine...less elasticity. She has her dad's skin type. So, with that there isn't much you can do. I've lost weight fast and i've lost weight slow and I didn't see a difference in my skin either way. If you have stretch marks, which are sometimes hard to see on pale skin, then there's nothing you can do about those. If you don't have any, then your skin should eventually go back into place.