Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-20-17, 16:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / South Beach
Stats: 265/246/185 Male 71 inhes
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Hello

I've practiced several variations of low-carb lifestyles in the past with good success but fell off the wagon when I went back to school two years ago. Long hours, late nights, stress . . . yadda, yadda, yadda . . . but you can guess the outcome. Caffine and carbs became both my primary fuel and comfort.

Well, over two years I went from 212 lbs and fairly muscular to 265 lbs and a lot less fit. Still way below my lifetime high of 318 lbs with the body composition of a Twinkie.

Well, I'm back to school for another year starting in January and I'm determined not to continue my decline. In fact, I've set the goal to be under 200 lbs by graduation with an ultimate goal of 185 and fit.

This forum was recommended by a friend who said it is great for inspiration, moral support and information. I look forward to participating.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 03:08

Plan: atkins 20
Stats: 127.6/111/110 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Welcome to the forum, your friend has sent you to a great place for information and support, I like that you have set a goal and a time frame. But, remember one day at a time and celebrate small victories. Take your time and poke around, visit member journals and read, read and then read some more. I wish you the best on this journey, we will be watching out for ya, drop by my journal sometime, I love company, have a positive day, ttyl
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 07:46

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi, FBG17. Yes, you've come to the best place. Many here will agree that life situations can create difficulties for weight management. That's because low-carb (or any other method) require some planning. Just one more thing to do, eh? But you can do it. And then you're set for life.

Best wishes.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 18:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%

If you're back, like I am, it's because on some level we know this is it for us, welcome in and do the best you are, you got this!