Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-11, 11:43

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Time to make this again!!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-11, 08:58

bumping..cuz soo good!
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-11, 09:28

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

I second that emotion.
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-11, 09:48

bumping again..cuz again SO good..lol
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-13, 12:52

Yep this one gets added to the my pile now that I'm earnestly trying to get back on track. Forgot about all of these yummy LC recipes. Tell me again, why do I keep going back to HC foods when there is so much LC yumminess out there?!? UGH!
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-15, 06:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 20/20/25 Female 5feet2inches
BF:
Progress:

Does anyone have the recipe saved? I tried to go to the site but it doesnt seem to exist anymore
  #52   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-15, 07:30

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Here's my modified version:

1 pound Italian sausage
1/2 jar spaghetti sauce
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1 egg
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 cups fresh spinach
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons romano cheese

Brown the sausage; drain off the fat. (If you can't find the "recipe ready" kind, skin regular link sausage to make it easy to crumble while cooking.) Add spaghetti sauce; season to taste and heat until bubbly.

Meanwhile, soften the cream cheese in a medium-size microwaveable bowl for about 40-60 seconds. Stir until creamy; beat in the egg and pepper with a spoon until well mixed. Blend in the spinach.

Spread half of the meat mixture evenly in the bottom of a greased, 8 x 8" glass baking pan. Spread the spinach mixture over the meat; top with the mozzarella, then the rest of the meat. It may not completely cover the top, but that's ok. Sprinkle with the romano cheese.

Bake at 350º about 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Or, cover with plastic wrap and vent one corner then microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes; then reduce to MEDIUM and cook for another 7-10 minutes until hot and bubbly.

Let stand 3 minutes before serving
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Mar-02-15, 15:00

Hmmm..that's weird. I just clicked on the link and it opened for me. Here it is again: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/spinach_lasagna.html

But here also is the recipe:
SPINACH LASAGNA
1 pound ground beef
2 tablespoons onion, chopped
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
8 ounces cream cheese
1 egg
1/8 teaspoon pepper
10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (I used the kind in a can)

Brown the hamburger with the onion; drain off the fat. Mix in the garlic powder and spaghetti sauce; season to taste and heat until bubbly. Meanwhile, soften the cream cheese in a medium-size microwaveable bowl for about 40-60 seconds. Stir until creamy; beat in the egg and pepper with a spoon until well mixed. Blend in the spinach. Spread half of the meat mixture evenly in the bottom of a greased, 8 x 8" glass baking pan. Spread the spinach mixture over the meat; top with the mozzarella, then the rest of the meat. It may not completely cover the top, but that's ok. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Bake at 350º about 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Or, cover with plastic wrap and vent one corner then microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes; then reduce to MEDIUM and cook for another 7-10 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let stand 3 minutes before serving.

Makes 6-9 servings
Can be frozen

Per 1/6 Recipe: 368 Calories; 28g Fat; 23g Protein; 5.5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3.5g Net Carbs
Per 1/8 Recipe: 276 Calories; 21g Fat; 17g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
Per 1/9 Recipe: 245 Calories; 19g Fat; 15g Protein; 3.5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2.5g Net Carbs
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Nov-16-15, 18:45
Registered Member

Plan: Just Low Carb
Stats: 320/250/225 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I just made this and the whole family loved it. Easy to make and so, so good. We'll make this again. Maybe sooner than later, my wife just scooped up the last of it so it's gone!

Sometimes the pictures of the food on that site aren't amazing. This was one of them and I was skeptical but I have to say, it's amazing. If I was eating HC I would still make this with noodles, it just as good as regular filing and much easier/faster to make. Plus i've never had ricotta on hand, lol. I just bought it if I knew I was going to make lasagna.
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Nov-17-15, 04:46

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Know what mean about the photos on Linda's website, which she started in 2002. Now all the new Paleo recipe sites and cookbooks use the bazillion pixel digital cameras with food styled art shots...it has all come so far in 13 years! But most of her recipes are good so look past that. Right now I have Juli Bauer's Paleo cookbook next me (Paleomg) and looking at poor Linda's page...but often the recipes are the same basic stuff. Vegetable based "lasagnas" can only vary so much.

WearBear...this sounds good with fresh spinach...would think a significant change in texture...and I have a box of it to use up. Thanks for your version,
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Nov-17-15, 22:31
Registered Member

Plan: Just Low Carb
Stats: 320/250/225 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
WearBear...this sounds good with fresh spinach...would think a significant change in texture...and I have a box of it to use up. Thanks for your version,

Yes, I forgot to mention this but I made mine with fresh and it was great !
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Nov-18-15, 04:24

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

I'll second that! Made it last night, and the spinach was sort of baked, but still there in whole leaves. DH said he didn't miss the pasta at all, of course after five years, he is use to no grains . But it held together pretty well, just like a slice a regular lasagna, and had all the flavors (used hot Italian sausage with wearbear's added ricotta) and most of a box of baby spinach.