Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#151   ^
Old Mon, Oct-05-09, 10:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 289/274/150 Female 5'2"
BF:It sure is!!
Progress: 11%

It seems like it has been forever since I posted. Life has been crazy busy. My mom has been in the hospital for over a week now and has the doctor's stumped. The lady I take care of is going down hill daily.

I still have been doing this WOE. I messed up with cravings from pms, but other than that I have been sticking to it. I am down two pounds since I last posted. I was hoping to be at 250 by my birthday but I don't think that is going to happen at this point. Bummer.

Does anyone know how much weight a horse can handle? I would love to ride with my daughter but I don't want to injure the horse.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Mon, Oct-05-09, 15:13
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

teri- you are amazing! Rabbits and taxidermy!!!!

today
cm:eggs, turkey bacon, cheese, coffee
cm:turkey and salad, water
rm(planned)salad, brussel sprouts, lamb, ice cream (single serve cup), water

E
  #153   ^
Old Tue, Oct-06-09, 15:17
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
slow here- come on and post- about ANYTHING!

today
cm:eggs,turkey bacon, cheese, coffee
cm:turkey salad, water
RM (planned)salad, spinach, chicken breast, cookie, water
  #154   ^
Old Tue, Oct-06-09, 16:37

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

wow, i didn't realize how far behind i'd fallen.
we finally have some sun after a solid 10 days of rain and gloom.
i will be getting back to winter meals....chili sounds good.

it is funny that my comfort range is so narrow. too much heat kills me but cold and rain can chill me to the extent of not being able to get warm. terrible! where are those hot flashes when i need them.
  #155   ^
Old Tue, Oct-06-09, 23:20

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Hello everyone,

I am tired but I couldn't let another day go by without posting.

Sunday, 10.04.09

Menu
CM: 2 cups of black coffee
RM: Salad of romaine w/avocado, bacon, cheddar cheese, cucumber, sauteed shrimp, & ranch, Almond Joy, and Death by Chocolate ice cream
CM: St. Louis ribs and green beans w/vinaigrette

Water
96 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Bowflex, 20 Minute Better Body Workout, 2 sets
120# Bench Press
120# Seated Lat Rows
120# Crossover Rear Deltoid Rows
120# Biceps Curl
120# Triceps Pushdown
120# Leg Extension
120# Standing Low Back Extension
150# Seated Abdominal Crunch

Daily Weight

Monday, 10.05.09

Menu
CM: St. Louis ribs and green beans w/vinaigrette
RM: Salad of romaine w/cucumber & vinaigrette, linguisa sandwich on sourdough roll w/American cheese, mustard, & mayo

Water
64 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Leslie Sansone Walk at Home
3 Mile Weight Loss Walk...A "Power Walk" at Home!
Mile 1: 15 minutes of non-stop muscle moving steps to get you started
Mile 2: 12 minutes of speed walking
Mile 3: 15 minutes to continue blasting calories as you burn body fat
I completed all 3 miles!

Daily Weight
  #156   ^
Old Wed, Oct-07-09, 06:28

Plan: IR
Stats: 220/217/175 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi again to all, I am sticking to plan pretty good. We have had some luncheons and things work related but I just did my RM probably not perfect but better than without CAD. I have lost 8 pounds in three weeks lost 7 right off and now 1 more. I know from the first time that I lost alot the first week and then scaled down to one or two pounds a week. Here is my menu so far today:

Breakfast: 1 cheese string, coffee with half and half

Lunch: (Planned) Salad: lettuce, tomato, onion, bell pepper, cottage cheese and FF Italian

Dinner: (Planned) Home made chicken noodle soup made with chicken breast, no yoke fine noodles, mushrooms, FF chicken broth and 4 multi Grain crackers

Snack: string cheese

Let me know what wyou guys think of my menu for today. I will be drinking unsweet tea with lunch and water the rest of the day.

Thanks TTYL. I will check back this afternoon.

Doris
  #157   ^
Old Wed, Oct-07-09, 13:23

Stats: 289/274/150 Female 5'2"
BF:It sure is!!
Progress: 11%

Life has been crazy and stressful, I am so glad that I have Jesus to lean on.

I am really disappointed in myself, between pms and stress I allowed myself to have a binge the last two days. I told myself it was okay considering the circumstances. Boy, is that a big lie! It is never okay. I am trying to fast today to help get the junk out of my system and to get my focus back where it should be. I will forgive myself and move on, but I am still mad that I let it happen.

Hope everyone else is doing well and not binging!! It is so not worth it.
  #158   ^
Old Wed, Oct-07-09, 13:54
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
Ican: please don not fast for today. Please get back on plan. Fasting will not undo he food from yesterday but can set you up for another binge. Your body is in feast or famine mode- let it heal. JMHO...

Hi Doris-
how do you feel- that is a good way to see how your meals are. For me, I'd love more veggies or a salad with that soup too- and are you going to eat a whole piece of chicken- I would!
Why FF italian? Have you checked to see if there is sugar or hfcs in it? Is the cottage cheese clean too? I am really affected by that- the brand I do best with is Friendship. I have to go to one store to get it!

today

cm:chicken, green beans green tea
rm(planned)salad, chicken, spinach, hummus, rice, pita, wine, apple tart, water

Friends are coming over for dinner. I am planning to skip the rice and pita, have 1/2 glass of wine and enjoy the heck out of that apple tart DS made!

E
  #159   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-09, 13:30

BF:

Hello everyone,

Doris, congratulations on your progress so far!

ican4Him, I agree with Eno and think you should get yourself right back on the program instead of fasting. Consider your "binge" as a learning experience and move on. Take full advantage of the program and eat a CM whenever you feel hungry. Just remember to include vegetables as well as protein and you will be able to satisfy any hunger that may be reaching out to you.

Eno, I hope you had an enjoyable evening with your friends!

I am still weighing myself on a daily basis and keeping records so I can average my weight every week. I just completed my first week and hope to see progress as the weeks continue.

Wednesday, 10.07.09

Menu
CM: Pork chops and green beans w/vinaigrette
RM: Salad of romaine w/vinaigrette, rib steak, cucumber, and Hershey's w/almonds

Water
80 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Leslie Sansone, Walk at Home, Walk Slim, Fast & Firm! 4 Really Big Miles w/toning band.
Mile 1: Get Started with a 15 minute mile
Mile 2: Faster pace - a 12 minute mile
Mile 3: BOOSTED walking - a 10 minute mile
Mile 4: Add the firm Band for a big muscle BOOST - 15 minute mile
I completed all 4 miles with the firm band!

Weight
  #160   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-09, 13:40
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
Teri, what is different now? Did I miss a post?

Dinner last night was great- and the apple tart was so worth it and so gone.

Today
cm:chicken and green beans, water
rm(planned)salad, spanacopita, chciken, spinach, 1/2 glass of wine, water

I am going to see my family in FLoirida tomorrow- and going on a short cruise. I went on a cruise once since starting CALP- I know to stick to my cm's for breakfast and lunch, and ask for dessert when they bring me the entree if I want that.
later-
E
  #161   ^
Old Fri, Oct-09-09, 21:25
Registered Member

Plan: CAD, CALP
Stats: 131.0/129.5/120.0 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
So, I've been off the plan since Sunday...: ( And I have not weighed myself but I am sure I am up 5lbs... Very discouraging...but I have learned something, and that is, I am sensitive to MSG... I'm starting to think that for me all of the "options" are not so optional. I did everything perfectly today, every stinkin thing, and guess what? NO CRAVE, NO Moodiness, NO headache... I think getting used to not eating a lot of carbohydrate at once may be a hard thing for me to get used to. I started CALP right off loosing weight with calorie dieting then gaining it all back, so I wonder if I am lacking steam right now for this diet. I wish I had known about this WOE first! For my carbohydrate at my RM tonight was a butterhorn with cream cheese iceing, and we had a guest for dinner, so it made it easy to not overindulge, but had there been no guest I may not have been so strong. I am thinking that I need portion controled carb at RM, like a chocolate bar, and no access to more. When I was calorie dieting, I had my husband buy a safe to keep his goodies in so it they would not be in the house for me to get at, so maybe I'll have him keep the stash of my RM carb in the safe. I have been baking this week too, and the smell of it was just too much. I believe the smell of it was releasing insulin! I picked up the Low Carb rescue at a thrift store this weekend and it had even more tips and ideas that are going to be valueable to me...anyway... here is my perfect day on CALP, and I hope there will be an infinate number more.

CM- 2 eggs,1oz light cheese, 1 large mushroom
CM- 2 eggs, 1oz light cheese, 1 large mushroom, 1 can tuna ,1/2tbs sesame oil, 2 raddishes (I still felt munchie after the eggs, so I had the tuna, oil and raddishes, better than bingeing on carbs later because I felt deprived)
RM- 1 cup shredded cabbage w cheese and italian dressing, green beans, raddishes and cauliflour, hamburger with taco seasonings(served taco salad for family and guests)and a butterhorn.

Felt full, not stuffed (kindve missed feeling stuffed, am I crazy or what?)
  #162   ^
Old Fri, Oct-09-09, 23:20

BF:

Hello everyone,

Mandigirl, congratulations on your perfect day! I follow CALP and find it is easier to keep my carbs under control because I work very hard at balancing my meals. I hope you have many more days like this one!

I am making progress downstairs but I don't know how much longer it is going to take me. I was able to get several boxes unloaded and put away, but I still have more.

Thursday, 10.08.09

Menu
CM: Rib steak and green beans w/vinaigrette
RM: Salad of romaine w/vinaigrette, tuna melt on wheat bread, and green beans w/vinaigrette

Water
96 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Day Off!

Weight
  #163   ^
Old Sat, Oct-10-09, 09:46

BF:

Hello everyone,

I am expecting another day of work ahead of me so I thought I should check in now before I get started.

Friday, 10.09.09

Menu
CM: Rib steak and green beans w/vinaigrette
RM: Salad of romaine w/avocado, bacon, cheddar cheese, cucumber, sauteed shrimp, & ranch, and Hershey's w/almonds

Water
96 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Bowflex, 20 Minute Better Body Workout, 2 sets
120# Bench Press
120# Seated Lat Rows
120# Crossover Rear Deltoid Rows
120# Biceps Curl
120# Triceps Pushdown
120# Leg Extension
120# Standing Low Back Extension
150# Seated Abdominal Crunch

Weight
  #164   ^
Old Sat, Oct-10-09, 20:29
Registered Member

Plan: CAD, CALP
Stats: 131.0/129.5/120.0 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

I had a chocolate bar w/almonds for my carb at my RM and it was awesome! Very satistying, and I felt done with my treat when it was done because it was rich, I think I've found my new RM carb! Thanks Hoppinn: ) With other carbs I want more more more, but this was perfect! Here is my day of eating, I felt craving after my first CM and my second CM (which was in response to my first CM, and I'm not quite sure what caused it, could be a few different things...
CM-Chicken thigh, 1/2 cup shredded cabbage (2 carbs) 1/2tsp olive oil 1/2 tsp white vinegar, sprinkle of garlic powder, sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese, 1 tsp mustard, felt cravings 2 hours later, the mustard contained "spices"? Too many carbs in shredded cabbage? Carbs in the vinegar? The chicken thigh was high in saturated fat? What caused my crave? A bad combination of everything?
CM-1 can tuna, 2 raddishes, 1 oz cheese, felt craving 2 hours later, I'm thinking it was from the previous CM insulin anticipation
RM-Small steak and 2 eggs, large shredded cabbage salad, italian dressing, green beans, small bowl of fiber cereal w/almonds, 1 tsp honey, 2 tbs skim milk mixed with lots of water, and a chocolate bar with almonds (next time I'll skip the cereal and go straight for the REALLY good stuff! Everything was balanced, believe it or not : ) -Felt awesome and satistied! I love shredded cabbage salad w/cheese and dressing: )

Is there a net amount of carbs we should not exceed at CM's? I know it says eat as much as you like, but too many veggies and the carbs add up? Thanks: ) Hopefully I won't crave tomorrow! I am almost afraid to eat because I hate that feeling, it almost feels better to go hungry and not crave.
-Mandi
  #165   ^
Old Sun, Oct-11-09, 07:55

Stats: 178.4/161.5/145 Female 5'7.5
BF:
Progress: 39%

I'm a newbie.... came off the Atkins train!! Just too hard to be LC ALL the time!! would fall off the wagon over and over.... I kept getting back on, but it was kind of pointless --- I was just sitting still!! Gained 20+ lbs from too many rounds of prednisone this summer -- and need to get back to normal stat!! Did CAD a few years ago and loved it!
Quick question though
Do you remember back to the beginning of the book... where the author has his AHA moment about not eating all day in anticipation of some drs appt?? well do you think it's better to actually not eat all day and then have one big reward meal, or to eat something LC for lunch? and then have the RM later??

I know that this is a WOL, but none of my clothes fit right now, feeling kind of desperate!!

xoxo
Closed Thread