Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 09:39

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default Challenge Week 11

Greetings and Salutations!!

Welcome to CAD/CALP's Weekly Challenge. We use this thread to post our highs and lows for just this week! Come join us, we would love to hear from you!

-----

Personally I am doing pretty well, I do have to watch that I get enough to eat. I have a tendency to not eat much when I am not hungry, and with my new job that has just made the problem worse for me. So this week my challenge is to keep my calories up and my carbs down! I am not really impressed with the cafeteria at work and should probably just pack my own dinner.

This is my personal challenge this week......... how about ya'll?

Libby
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 14:45

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Arrow Check in

Sometimes I have problems on how much is enough and how much is too much. I suppose I should remember that if I don't eat enough, I can eat a bit more in 90 minutes as long as it's CM friendly.

TOM showed up yesterday and seems to be gone again. TOM has been very erratic for the last several months, now that I look at my records. Maybe, just maybe, perimenopause is here. As long as the weight continues to drop, I'll be happy.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 03:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins to CALP
Stats: 223/206/155
BF:
Progress: 25%

I have been pretty faithful to the CALP plan this past week, and have indeed lost 3 pounds. Skipping potatoes at RM and enjoying pie, brownies or cake instead.

I had to get really honest with myself after gaining one w/end going from Atkins to CALP. (I binged during my RM which led to some cheats)

But now I feel like I am really settling into this WOE and am very grateful and happy with it.

Thanks for all the support!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 06:46

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Still here

and we're still unemployed come July 1st! We have a few things in the works, but I'd like this to be settled since I'm a stress eater!

Have been sticking to the plan pretty well, but haven't weighed yet (I'm going to wait a week or so). I want to wait until this WOE is such a habit that I won't be tempted to cheat and slow the loss. Also TOM showed up.....

Hope you guys are doing well!
-animaldoc
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 08:55

BF:
Arrow Check in

Not too long ago, I sat myself down and asked: Why do I like being overweight? I do have a few reasons. They're silly, but they're mine.

Then I asked: What will happen if I'm slim and trim? The answers there were interesting. But that got me past the lose a pound, panic and eat it back on. It also got me past my stall. Now, instead of stress eating, I feel the stress as an ache in my upper stomach. If I eat, I eat CM friendly food to fill it.

I'm down to 126 2 days in a row.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 13:51

BF:
Talking Check in

I saw 125 for the first time on the scales this morning.

I haven't seen that in 4 years! I'm gonna do it this time.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 14:33

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%
Thumbs up

Hey all, I'm so excited to be on the CAD plan, I've found something that works for me, and I think I can stick with it. I love that I can eat whatever I want for dinner, if I'm good during the day.

This week, as every week, I will have a challenge on Saturday when my group goes out for bagels, I might get a bagel sandwich with cream cheese, and then just eat the egg and cream cheese w/o the bagel.

Nothing else seems like too much of a challenge. This is still new for me, I just started 4-26-02. And I really like that I can lose weight on this plan.

I'm curious about the differences between CAD and CALP, I'll have to look into it. I'm only 27, and that book makes me think it's for those 40+?

Nicole
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 15:33

BF:
Post Welcome

Hi, Welcome to the group.

The difference between CAD and CALP. Some people were not able to lose on CAD so a more restrictive plan was developed with CALP. Then an even more restricted plan with CAHHP was developed.

Anyone can do these plans, there is even a book out for a kids plan.

Just remember to keep your RM in balance and you'll do fine.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 16:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/CALP
Stats: 143/140/125
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hi Everyone

I still have not switched to CALP. I am scared!!! I have been doing Atkins 3 weeks now. I have dropped 3 lbs and 1 and 1/2 inches on my waist. Has anyone been in my shoes?
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 09:29

BF:
Default Checking IN at the INN

OMGosh Spider...... Wooooo Woooooo I am so excited for you!! I really mean it!! I am Tickled Pink!! No one knows better than us how it feels to reach a certain point in our journey to better health. (meaning, reaching a mini-goal) LOL
You go GIRL!!

Barb... I have always been with CALP. I see a lot of people switch plans and they all seem to worry when they do. A lot of us are doing very well following the Hellers books and enjoy a less restrictive plan. Personally it has been a lifesaver for me. Why do you wish to change plans? Whichever you choose, Atkins or CALP, be sure to follow their plan very closely.

Hi Summer..... nice to have you here! You will eventually learn to order the egg and cream cheese and skip having that darn bagel on your plate altogether! Besides, after a while bagels and bread don't taste the same. Honest...... your tastes will change! I find that sugary food tastes sickening sweet and bread tastes heavy and thick.

Must run...... Libby
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 11:11

BF:
Thumbs up Check in

Libby, you didn't say how you're doing? I know a new job can be stressful. Are you hanging in ok? Need a shoulder? ear? arm?

Scales were 124 this morning, so I had to re-weigh, couldn't believe my eyes! YES everyone, I'm eating enough! I wonder if its because I've restarted my art work. If you're happy, then food kinda looses it hold on you.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 16:26

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile That's my problem...

I've been really unhappy since I came here. I even went on antidepressants last Fall (off now) because my job is so MISERABLE!!!

Unfortunately, I also got married (to the BEST husband in the world) and it makes me feel bad that I've been unhappy and he's only lived with me here when I was unhappy and also that I've gained weight since we met. He's a real sweetie and tells me I look fine, but that he supports me if I want to lose because he knows I'll like me better then.

At least our time here is almost over-looks like we're moving to Cleveland, OH for a new job (with MUCH better $$ for one thing-that should make our crazy hours a little more bearable). Can't wait to move on.

At least now I've reached the stage where I'm REALLY disgusted with myself because all my clothes are tight. That sure helps my motivation to stick with the WOE!

Thanks for letting me vent......I need to just get some willpower and do something besides eat when I'm unhappy like go for a walk with my sweet husband and Jack Russell Terrier!

-animaldoc
  #13   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 17:49

BF:
Arrow What if...?

Animaldoc,
What if you continued to eat when you're unhappy, just eat CM friendly food only? I know that ache and it can be filled with any type of food, it ain't picky.

Congrats on the new job prospects.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, May-12-02, 01:21

BF:
Talking a Mom speaking on Mothers Day

I am a Mom.......and I do tend to mother people. Doc, I am sending you a great big nurturing Mom type hug. You can do this. You will find the way to better health. You are wonderful!!

I also wish you were here.... LOL...... I have a very overweight Dalmatian in my front yard who needs to be spayed asap. Poor dear thing. My neighbors moved and left her running loose in their front yard. She was in heat and now has gone out very quickly... not a good sign. Can you imagine having a dog for 6 years and then going off and abandoning her? They left cats everywhere too. Makes me sick.

Well...... off my soapbox now ( I do rescue work and have issues with owners like the Dals.)....... Work is good. I like my job. It is part time, however I worked about 47 hours this week. Pooor hubby....poor kids.... poor HOUSE.

124? thats is wonderful! Keep up the good work!!

I want to wish all of you Mothers a very lovely Mothers Day. I send you all roses the color of spring. Close your eyes now.... can you smell them?

I love flowers.... Libby
  #15   ^
Old Sun, May-12-02, 23:14

BF:
Post Check in

Hope everyone had a good Mother's day.

My daughter called last night and we talked WAY too long on the phone. My son left messages, we went to DH's parents for Mother's day. On the way home, we stopped and walked in the forest. There's still a bit of snow in the mountains, but it was wonderful trip today.

Lunch was not a good thing. Roast beef, some asparagus and a very small piece of chocolate cake. No salad. MIL never has salad unless it's a special event. LOL I didn't have any cravings and nearly convinced myself that if I ate smaller meals, I could eat like other people. Gee, ya think that was the carb monster talking?

Home to protein and huge salad.