Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-08, 11:06
Registered Member

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 155/150.2/126 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%
Question All Tips for beginner to success on CALP?

Hi,

I would love any tips to success on CALP - I am starting again after the birth of my baby in August and would love any ideas that have helped you to your goal and maintainence....

Thankyou allXXX
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-08, 14:19

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Here's an overview of CAD/CALP and the Cheat Sheet.

I haven't made it to my goal. I did lose 40 lbs on CAD but I have gained 20 back beccause I went off plan. I know the plan works as written. I ate 2 CMs and 1 rm within the hour. It works.

Some advice would be to re-read the book when your in doubt, and keep a print out of the allowed CM foods list. Do your weight averages every week, your weight will flucuate. Give the plan some time, it will work.

I don't really feel qualified to answer your post tho since I am not at goal.
Eno is a long time maintainer. (4 yrs, I think) I know she'll more tips. You could also find her name, right click on it and read all her old posts
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-08, 11:00
Registered Member

BF:
Default Tips for success

Thanks for the tips yes I read the books lots, to get it on board ,I hop Eno and other maintainers have extra tips having looked at extra tips pre planning all meals seems to work well!
So I will try that....

As for not being able to offer tips, you have had lots of success even with the off plan bit so trust me I am really grateful

Sarah
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-08, 14:56
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

The way I don't go off plan is that I KNOW that my insulin resistance is the problem, and that if I go off plan I will be sick again. Because I was sick when I ate low fat.
I just don't go off plan. Too many people find out that it is a slippery slope once they go off, and can't get back on. So I just do it- everyday. It is easy once you get the hang of planning to have lots of veggies and proteins around. For me, working out what I could eat at any restaurant helped too.
THis forum is a HUGE help. Have you found the pregnancy area?

Please write back and let us know how you are! Post a lot! It really helps-
E
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-02-08, 11:40

Plan: CALP
Stats: 211/195.2/155 Female 5'6"
BF:goals180/165/155
Progress: 28%

This is a fab place for support. I started w/Atkins, but I felt deprived. With CALP I can make it fit with my life and family. I went off for a few months, but each time the scale crept up, I had some CALP days and brought it back. I'm back to working toward my goal again now.

My biggest tip is to write down everything you eat along with your weight. That way you can see what foods make the scale go up and avoid them. It also makes you more aware of what you are putting in your mouth. All those sample bites while cooking add up surprisingly....
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-03-08, 10:58
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

good advice. Keeping some kind of log does help you figure things out!
and writing what you eat before you eat it helps give you a decision point- to eat or not to eat!!
E
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-04-08, 02:26
Registered Member

BF:
Smile Thankyou sound advice

Thankyou sound advice- Ithink the planning meals before I eat them will help the most - along side logging on here!

I am starting to look forward to it - especially as this is my last baby so I don't have to go back up the scales again!

See you all inAugust!