Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#601   ^
Old Mon, May-04-09, 04:16
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Frogette,
Love your name. Among my eccentricities (I am southern, we love eccentrics down here), I have frogs for pets. I have treefrogs....my favorite type is the Australian White's Treefrogs.

Thank you for the compliments. I am getting closer to being back to my favorite weight.

I did a no no this weekend. I basked on my deck...and tanned. I know it is terrible for the skin, but it just feels so good. I tan easily---I can get color from Christmas tree lights. Typing this makes me think of a comment one of my best girlfriends said: Tan fat looks better than white fat. Sad but true. Anyway, I'll spend the rest of the summer upping the sunscreen to 50-70. A man in Wal-mart told me that anything above 55 is really no more effective. D'ya reckon that is true?

What are your thoughts on tanning?
Sara<><
Sponsored Links
  #602   ^
Old Tue, May-05-09, 20:07

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

Before you reach for the sunscreen, do a search for the thread titled "vitamin D". If you can't find it, I'll send you a link.
  #603   ^
Old Wed, May-06-09, 04:34
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

I actually take a prescription vitamin D tablet once a month. A while back my doctor said my vitamin D was low according to blood work.

I do always feel better in the spring and summer....I probably need it for depression. I have had serious problems with depression. It is a problem in my family and a big problem for me. I finally was able to find the correct medications 4-5 years ago...a true life saver. I've adopted other things that help me maintain a happy mood. One of those is dressing in what makes me feel good. If an item of clothing makes me feel dowdy, I get rid of it.

Yesterday was a good fashion day. I am enjoying getting dressed again. My weight is at a place where I have a lot of options in my closet. I haven't really shopped for myself since two dresses for an Easter trip. I found two belts on sale at that time. I'm not a shopaholic...at least not for clothes. I am for books. I am also enjoying buying stuff for my granddaughter.

Somewhere back in this thread I told about a plan that the staff at my school wanted to incorporate---different T and golf shirts assigned to a day. In other words, a kind of uniform. There was no way I was gonna go with that. I did the old uniform type of thing when I was a fat girl. I wear a school shirt and jeans on Fridays, but that is it. Even then I have to have cute shoes and jewelry. Anyway, the update is that only a handful of people stick with the plan. People got tired of it...wanted to express themselves with their clothing. I am still one of a few that "dress up" for work. Sure I have some days that aren't as much as other, but I feel better when I put energy into my clothing.

I injured my back this winter. That meant T shirts, velour "sweat" pants, and flat shoes. When I finally recovered from the surgery and got back to "myself" I felt like I had reconnected with my thin self....even though I was 15 pounds above my favorite weight. The first day I bounced back in with a skirt and heels people noticed and commented. We can tell someone's state of health by the way they carry themselves. We carry ourselves better when we feel good about what we are wearing.

So, is all of this a rationalization for being a princess? I dunno. What do you think?