Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 07:20

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default CAD/CALP Support 1/31/05-2/06/05

Good Morning,

I hope everone had a good week-end. I did well on plan. Didn't have any cheats and I didn't go overboard with my carbs. I even did my walking on my treadmill. I just wish I could get the scale to move, but guess it will when it is ready. All I can say is to try and get your weight off before you hit menopause. It is really, really, hard once that starts.

Have a good Monday and a great week on plan.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 07:30

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hello,

I had a pretty quiet weekend, but I got to spend some time with my mother which was really nice. I saw Meet the Fockers (for the third time!) because she hadn't seen it and wanted to..and it was worth it. I laughed so hard at her reaction to some of the jokes! Very funny.

I have started putting out feelers to find a second-hand treadmill to buy for home. I haven't decided whether I am going to re-join the gym when my year is up or not, but I want to have other options.

Have a good week everyone!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 08:57

Plan: Atkins but starting CALP
Stats: 209/153/138 Female 1.68m
BF:
Progress: 79%
Smile

Hello everyone,
I had a quiet weekend too but yesterday afternoon my daughter, son-in-law 2 of their friends, my husband, me and 4 dogs went for a 41/2 mile hike across the Sussex Downs. I put a beef stew in the slow cooker before I went so all I had to do was prepare some veg and my rhubard and cream for pud for my RM when I got in. This morning the scale had gone down 400grams. I think that walking outside seems to help more than doing excercise indoors. We live near the sea, perhaps that helps too.
I'm into my second week now and I'm finding CALP so much easier to fit into my life style than Atkins. I went to a lunchtime seminar today so I had a CM before I left and this afternoon I'll have my RM before I go back to Uni for a seminar at 5pm no hunger and no cravings. Bliss.
At the moment I am having my RM carbs as veggies e.g broccoli, carrots, onions. I had rice once and the scales went up 200gm so perhaps I 'll wait to add other carbs when I'm near my goal weight. I find that now I'm in my late fifties I can put on 5lbs in 2 days and it takes 2 weeks at least to get it off!!!!

Wishing you all a brilliant week.
Fosca
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 12:53
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hello everyone, had a pretty good weekend here...even had a day where I wasn't hungry for one of my control meals..wow didn't think that day would come again...LOL

How is everyone?? at work now so gotta go...everyone have a good week
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 15:58

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hi everyone

I had a good weekend. So far in the 3 days or so on plan, I've lost a lb. I'm hoping another will come off shortly. I exercise too - love my ski machine.

Happy you are all doing well. I'm perimenopausal and have Hashimotos thyroiditis, so I have to be pretty stict as well.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-05, 09:16

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

For the next two weeks I am doing a very motified version of the Fat Flush Plan for Carbohydrate Addicts. I am not sure if I qualify to post on the CAD support thread, until I add my RMs back in.. but just wanted to say hi and wish everyone well.

Congrats Sue and Fosca on the pounds down. The beef stew waiting for you sounded great.

Crossing my fingers for everyone else.. Hugs, Kandi
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-05, 09:27
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hey, it's a plan for CAs. So post here.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-05, 10:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am at my platue(sp?) weight again, 130. Hopefully the extra exercise will help. I just have to wait it out. And the sloppy RMs don't help either.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-05, 14:22

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Just checking in - have a great day everyone! Staying on track this end, but I AM already looking forward to my RM meal and it is 3 hours away!!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-05, 20:28

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

How is everyone tonight? I am hoping for snow!

My eating went ok...think I am alittle under the weather as I had no appetite and that doesn't usually happen to me

I think I am going to hit the hay early tonight! It is only 8:30...but I am tired!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-05, 21:11

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

HI Everyone,

Still doing great on plan. DH has a Dr's appt in Missoula MT tomorrow so we will be leaving to travel up there for the day. It is a 300 mile round trip. I haven't been out of town since last fall so I am ready to get out of dodge. I am going to take a cooler with me that will have some legal CM's . This will make it much easier. We usually stop at a Convenience store and pick up jerky and cheese and sometimes I would buy Pork Rinds and I don't want to eat that stuff. The jerky you buy usually has extra carbs and is not all that legal for CM's plus it is so high in sodium and I blow up like a balloon. It is much safer to take my own food.

Kandi you silly girl you. Of course you qualify to post on the CAD thread. Just because you are trying something different right now, doesn't mean we don't need you. You have a lot of support to give and vice versa, plus look at all the wealth of information you have to give about CAD. Afterall we are all after the same thing.

Sue, It sounds like you are well on your way with CAD. Congrats on the 1 lb loss. That is a great start. I hope you had something yummy for your RM. Keep up the good work.

Amy, How long have you been on your plateau? Maybe you are losing inches now. You don't have much to lose so it is going to be slow going, but hang in there. It will happen.

Karen, Sorry to hear you are little under the weather. I hope you get the snow you have been wanting. I know we need it here, but I am still now looking forward to it. I WANT SPRING.

I hope everyone has a great Wed.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 16:06

Cool

Had a good lc day. NOT hungry at all. That is not llike me! But I will take that anyday as long as I am not sick. I feel much better today. Got extra sleep last night. We didn't get snow. Possible tonight but I am not getting my hopes up.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-05, 09:38

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default I'm around..

Feeling good this week except for a mild sinus headache, but nothing I can't handle.

Good to see everyone hanging in there on CAD (or whatever plan, Kandi )
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-05, 10:08

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hello Everyone

TOM is due very soon and the scale is playing its roller coaster game. I expect it this time of the month, but it still bothers me Oh well, atleast I do get on the scale everyday. Before CAD I was in denial of my true weight.

Diane & Fosca - WTG on the walking

BeccaResRN- isn't it great when the cravings go away? yeah!

Sue- WTG on the lb loss! Slow and steady wins the race!

Kandi- don't be silly! We want you here no matter what plan you are on

Amy- you are doing great! Its great to see you around again

Karen- I hope your feeling better. We didn't get the ice/sleet mix they we predicting, just rain today. We had snow on Saturday DS loved playing in it.

Tracy- I hope your feeling better. It is great to see so many CAs on this board

#15   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-05, 18:04

HIT 134.5! First time to see that number in 2 years!!!

Of course I ended up messing up some today, but I am not going to stress over it and get back to it tonight! I am soooooooooooooo excited about seeing 134.5! I can't even tell you how much! I was hoping for 135!!!! if I can keep this weight for several days ...well...I will be in heaven!!!
(Can you tell I am excited???)

I have finally had some success. Hope you all are too!!!!! Have a GREAT FRIDAY!