Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 04:06

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%
Default CAD Daily Support-Tues, May 25

Good morning! Weight is at 148 this morning. I am still trying to undo the damage of overdoing the ice cream two nights ago. I had a fairly big-sized meal that night (no grains or sugars during meal though), but then went out to get an enormous blizzard-like treat. I was full almost from the start of eating it, but somehow just can't stop myself from eating ice cream once it's in front of me. But I ate much more cleanly again yesterday and am back down a pound today. I've been holding around 147.5 since beginning this plan back in March.

Well, time to get ready for school now. I am soooo ready to pass these students along to the 7th grade teachers and have some time to relax. I'm very busy during the year but become quite chatty during summer vacation!

Shepherd-Do you mean that after you've completed your RM, you go back later for some more, or that you just overdo it during your RM? I've always been too afraid of what would happen if I ate some more, especially carbs, once my hour-long RM was up, so this hasn't been a problem. But I do sometimes eat more than I am hungry for during my RM. Are you new to the plan, b/c they say that eventually once you begin to trust the plan, these kind of problems begin to almost take care of themselves. It is a bit scary to think of yourself as a thin person. I still gravitate towards clothing sizes I used to wear when shopping b/c it still hasn't really settled in yet that I will fit into the smaller sizes. I'm sorry I don't have any real advice for you other than to keep posting your feelings and struggles and we will be here by your side as you encounter them

Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 06:44

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Good Morning,

Wendy, thank you for starting this thread. I was hoping this thread would keep going. I think it is a good way to gain or give support.

I know what you mean about eating a treat, like ice cream, even tho you are stuffed, but you just have to eat it all gone. I guess that is part of the Carb Addict coming out in us. While I am eating it, I keep telling myself "you should stop because you are stuffed", but I never do. I always finish it. Glad to hear you are down another lb.

I wasn't very good last night. I have been trying not to eat any processed sugar for my RM. I made it 6 days. DH bought those new Vanillia Orieos yesterday. I could not help myslef. I wanted to have one so bad, so I ate several at my RM. It sort of threw my RM off from being balanced. My weight was up 1/4 lb this morning. Today I will go back to not having any sugar. I will eat fruit or popcorn, etc.

Shep wrote in Monday's thread

Quote:
one quick question: does anyone of you "sabotage" your diet at the end of the day after RM?

Shep, I am with Wendy, I never eat anything after my RM. I never have the urge because I guess my RM is usually satisfying. I know if I did, I would do just what you have done and gorge myself with carbs. I am not too sure why you are still doing that.

Are you by chance eating any hidden carbs at your CM's? You are not having one big carb feast during your RM, are you? It sounds to me like you might be doing something wrong. You should not be having these cravings. Are you chewing gum, or drinking diet sodas outside of your RM? If you want give us a list of everything that you eat at your CM's and your RM's. Everything that you put in your mouth. Maybe one of us here can spot something that might be triggering you. Hang in there.

Better run. I have to get ready for work.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 07:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi guys, i love this idea and i really really need this, i know for me it is easier to just come here and post, i have to run to work but promise to get to know all of you and read your posts today and be active here. my weight yesterday was 196, i keep going on and off this and i loved what i read in the posts about starting this thread lots applies to me about not wanting to admit i am a carb addict. anyway i will be back later i have to go to work. thanks for starting this.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 08:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:

Well, my meal wasn't too bad but not completely balanced last night and I am at 130 today. I really need to stop eating so much at RM.

Shep, did you possibly go over your 1 hour for RM, even the littlest bit?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 09:03
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 188/187.5/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

Since this is only my second day I'm still getting used to the program. I was good at avoiding the cookies I baked by just reminding myself that I could have a few during RM. But as I was eating RM I kept looking at the clock wondering if I should eat more because I still had 20 minutes left So I'm going to have to try hard and NOT make it a binge meal.
But I am also finding the hidden carbs in food. As I was making scrambled eggs for breakfast I always add a bit of milk. Well I decided to read the label and the 1% milk has like 16 carbs in it! So I guess I need to buy whole milk for that? I really don't want to do high fats like on Atkins, but is using a tablespoon of 1% milk really going to throw me off?
Also, are we supposed to weigh ourselves everyday? There was no change on my scale, still at 188.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 09:53

Plan: low- to medium-carb
Stats: 114/105/105 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Talking Hi, guys!

Good morning, all! What a nice thing, to log on and have this thread to see how everyone's doing.

One thing I wanted to suggest in general: If you're posting with a question about how you're doing on CAD/CALP--you know, if you're not sure if you're following the WOE properly or if something's okay to eat for CM or whatever--consider posting a day or two of meals (with times eaten, etc.). That often helps responders get a good idea of anything that might be holding you back.

Just a thought!

Best, Sona
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 09:58

BF:

Quote:
but is using a tablespoon of 1% milk really going to throw me off?
I use cream in my eggs. I am not sure how it works exactly but I always avoid anything that has more that 4 carbs per serving even if I am not using a serving.

One tablespoon of 1% milk would have something like .7 carbs, 1 tablespoon of cream would have something like .4 carbs.

Quote:
Also, are we supposed to weigh ourselves everyday?

Yes, you weigh everyday, then average your weekly weight, and that is what you look at.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 10:48

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hello

Milk or cream is limited to a maximum of 2 tsp per day in a cup of tea or coffee and must be consumed within 15 minutes. The Hellers never said (to my best recollection) that we could use the milk or cream in eggs, but I guess I can't reallly think why not, so long as they same 15 minute rule was followed. Both cream and milk have lactose, which will set off insulin. The lower the fat the higher the lactose, so cream is better than milk, but both still are outlawed on CAD outside the RM or the 1/day-15minute thing.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 10:52

BF:

Vel, I thought it was 2 oz. of cream/day, that would be a limit of 4 tblsp. not 2 tsp.?
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 11:16

BF:
Default Yikes!

You could well be right on that, I am not sure and can't access my book from my perch at our office's reception desk just now. I just have a bit in my coffee in the morning and I always thought it was 2 tsp, but it could be ounces. I will check on my break (I have my book at work) and come back, but that is probably right.

Sorry about the confusion!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 11:42

BF:
Default Yep!

It is in fact, 2 OUNCES of milk or cream in a cup of tea or coffee.

My mistake, sorry about that, guys!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 12:09
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 188/187.5/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

Vel, where in the book does it talk about milk/dairy being off limits?

Amy
  #13   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 12:39

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Just home for lunch. Vel is right. We are allowed to have up to 2 oz milk or cream once a day outside of our RM, from what the CAD book says.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 14:10

BF:

hi guys, i dont drink coffee or tea so i dont have to worry about the milk cream thing. i love skim milk so i have to wait till my reward meal to eat that. i have read everyones posts and some things you guys are talking about with the reward meal is me to a tee. like i keep eating when i am full and even when i am full i will look at the clock and maybe eat one more thing because an hr isnt up yet. also, someone did tell me before that these things will work themselves out once we get used to having the reward meal everyday and know we dont have to eat it all till it is gone cause we can always have more tomorrow and everyday at our reward meal. i just never stick with this long enough to find out if i can ever be in control of the reward meal. so starting today i am committed and doing great so far. one of the other problems i have trying to stick with this is, i tend to eat the same things everyday, i need to look up recipes and find different thing to eat. i hope everyone is having a great day. i am excited to begin my final journey to get heatlhy and be in control of my eating. i will not ever have another"starting over fresh" again moment. this is it for me. i need to stay here, i cant do this to myself anymore.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 14:11

BF:

oh yea, i can even relate to the making the reward meal into a one hr carb binge fest. i know that is not what this plan is about.